ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community


What would you like to see it nealy compiled builds of PD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G14Classified
Agent
Agent


Joined: 05 Oct 2012
Posts: 94

 PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Hackbond, thanks for the find, definitely something to keep an eye on.

Is there a video posted somewhere showing off the muzzle flash? Thanks.
 
View user's profile Send private message
HackBond
007
007


Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 1264
Location: Scotland

 PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G14Classified wrote:
@Hackbond, thanks for the find, definitely something to keep an eye on.

Is there a video posted somewhere showing off the muzzle flash? Thanks.


I posted some unlisted videos on Discord, I'll link all my experiment videos here as I put them in a public playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ajBl0jIE0&list=PLPw4HhCrs_uTTsDFrfk7MM3UcXlnQ6EPu

I've also implemented a slider for the FoV in the settings. I haven't tested if it saves properly yet.
_________________
Also known as Spyster or Nyxem
[Youtube]

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent


Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Posts: 344

 PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If done and corrected in time, can those intermittent muzzle flashes be implemented into GoldenEye X before this year's end release?
_________________
"The Eye of Thundera, give me sight beyond sight!"
 
View user's profile Send private message
HackBond
007
007


Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 1264
Location: Scotland

 PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
If done and corrected in time, can those intermittent muzzle flashes be implemented into GoldenEye X before this year's end release?


GE-X predates the decompile so unless I can find the ASM in the ROM for it, I'm not sure. Plus I compiled it without piracy checks or the original compiler for the games so there are probably differences there.
_________________
Also known as Spyster or Nyxem
[Youtube]

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 374
Location: Facility Vents

 PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I mentioned this on a stream but it would be awesome to have an AA toggle in the settings menu that doesn't require a gameshark code or patch.
_________________
 
View user's profile Send private message
HackBond
007
007


Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 1264
Location: Scotland

 PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
I mentioned this on a stream but it would be awesome to have an AA toggle in the settings menu that doesn't require a gameshark code or patch.


I've implemented an FOV slider in the menus so I might be able to add that in. I'm just not exactly familiar on how to remove AA properly at the moment.
_________________
Also known as Spyster or Nyxem
[Youtube]

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 7149
Location: Ontario, Canada

 PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there is debate over what really is AA in Perfect Dark. The current setup may not do exactly what GE did. That can be a difference between games, as well as additional graphics stuff done to PD. There's been discussion on N64 Vault Discord about it.
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent


Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Posts: 344

 PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond wrote:
Thundera8589 wrote:
If done and corrected in time, can those intermittent muzzle flashes be implemented into GoldenEye X before this year's end release?


GE-X predates the decompile so unless I can find the ASM in the ROM for it, I'm not sure. Plus I compiled it without piracy checks or the original compiler for the games so there are probably differences there.

Well then I guess the only person who can give me a firm true answer to this question is Ryan Dwyer himself.
_________________
"The Eye of Thundera, give me sight beyond sight!"
 
View user's profile Send private message
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 7149
Location: Ontario, Canada

 PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I highly doubt an ASM mod will cut it, especially if it is an option in a menu. That would likely require decomp to fully support in that fashion. We'll be going down that path at some point, anyway.
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 374
Location: Facility Vents

 PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
...There's been discussion on N64 Vault Discord about it.


It would be nice if some of that discussion was had here as well considering I was banned by some children a few years ago for being a big meanie Smile
_________________
 
View user's profile Send private message
Kerr Avon
007
007


Joined: 26 Oct 2006
Posts: 885

 PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I don't like Discord at all. Forums are (to me, at least) much better to use.
 
View user's profile Send private message
Sogun
General
General


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 652
Location: Valencia, Spain

 PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Questions:

-Will it be possible to create an xdelta patch from a recompiled rom (with changes) and apply it to the original rom?

-If possible, would it be legal to distribute those patches or there's some license involved that mandates you have to recompile the rom? (Then only the files that add things to the recompiled rom could be distributed).

-How do you recompile the rom? Can it be done in Windows or do you need Linux?

I would like to test the current improvements myself, even if it's just the antialising toggle.
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HackBond
007
007


Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 1264
Location: Scotland

 PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Questions:

-Will it be possible to create an xdelta patch from a recompiled rom (with changes) and apply it to the original rom?


Yes.

Sogun wrote:
-If possible, would it be legal to distribute those patches or there's some license involved that mandates you have to recompile the rom? (Then only the files that add things to the recompiled rom could be distributed).


it'll probably be more legal to send the xdeltas, also easier for most people.

Sogun wrote:

-How do you recompile the rom? Can it be done in Windows or do you need Linux?


You need Linux, and preferably some experience with Command Line Interfaces and Linux commands. The readme on the gitlab repo gives you some direction but if you're not familiar with Linux then you'll probably ask some questions

Sogun wrote:

I would like to test the current improvements myself, even if it's just the antialising toggle.


I can create xdeltas of my personal changes but I can't guarantee my changes will be stable or work properly.
_________________
Also known as Spyster or Nyxem
[Youtube]

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Cobalt 2.0 BB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright 2002-2004 Jakob Persson


Powered by BB 01, 02 BB Group

 


Please Visit My Other Sites: GoldenEyeForever.com | GrandTheftAutoForever.com

Got kids? Check out my Dora The Explorer site with games and coloring pages!

Our forums feature Nintendo 64 games, GoldenEye 007 N64 New Maps and Missions, GoldenEye Cheats, N64 Emulator, Gameshark, GoldenEye Multiplayer and more!

[ Privacy Policy ]