ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What would you like to see it nealy compiled builds of PD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Hackbond, thanks for the find, definitely something to keep an eye on.

Is there a video posted somewhere showing off the muzzle flash? Thanks.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G14Classified wrote:
@Hackbond, thanks for the find, definitely something to keep an eye on.

Is there a video posted somewhere showing off the muzzle flash? Thanks.

I posted some unlisted videos on Discord, I'll link all my experiment videos here as I put them in a public playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ajBl0jIE0&list=PLPw4HhCrs_uTTsDFrfk7MM3UcXlnQ6EPu

I've also implemented a slider for the FoV in the settings. I haven't tested if it saves properly yet.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If done and corrected in time, can those intermittent muzzle flashes be implemented into GoldenEye X before this year's end release?

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
If done and corrected in time, can those intermittent muzzle flashes be implemented into GoldenEye X before this year's end release?

GE-X predates the decompile so unless I can find the ASM in the ROM for it, I'm not sure. Plus I compiled it without piracy checks or the original compiler for the games so there are probably differences there.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I mentioned this on a stream but it would be awesome to have an AA toggle in the settings menu that doesn't require a gameshark code or patch.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
I mentioned this on a stream but it would be awesome to have an AA toggle in the settings menu that doesn't require a gameshark code or patch.

I've implemented an FOV slider in the menus so I might be able to add that in. I'm just not exactly familiar on how to remove AA properly at the moment.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there is debate over what really is AA in Perfect Dark. The current setup may not do exactly what GE did. That can be a difference between games, as well as additional graphics stuff done to PD. There's been discussion on N64 Vault Discord about it.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond wrote:
Thundera8589 wrote:

GE-X predates the decompile so unless I can find the ASM in the ROM for it, I'm not sure. Plus I compiled it without piracy checks or the original compiler for the games so there are probably differences there.

Well then I guess the only person who can give me a firm true answer to this question is Ryan Dwyer himself.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I highly doubt an ASM mod will cut it, especially if it is an option in a menu. That would likely require decomp to fully support in that fashion. We'll be going down that path at some point, anyway.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
...There's been discussion on N64 Vault Discord about it.

It would be nice if some of that discussion was had here as well considering I was banned by some children a few years ago for being a big meanie Smile

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I don't like Discord at all. Forums are (to me, at least) much better to use.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Questions:

-Will it be possible to create an xdelta patch from a recompiled rom (with changes) and apply it to the original rom?

-If possible, would it be legal to distribute those patches or there's some license involved that mandates you have to recompile the rom? (Then only the files that add things to the recompiled rom could be distributed).

-How do you recompile the rom? Can it be done in Windows or do you need Linux?

I would like to test the current improvements myself, even if it's just the antialising toggle.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Questions:

-Will it be possible to create an xdelta patch from a recompiled rom (with changes) and apply it to the original rom?

Yes.

Sogun wrote:
-If possible, would it be legal to distribute those patches or there's some license involved that mandates you have to recompile the rom? (Then only the files that add things to the recompiled rom could be distributed).

it'll probably be more legal to send the xdeltas, also easier for most people.

Sogun wrote:

-How do you recompile the rom? Can it be done in Windows or do you need Linux?

You need Linux, and preferably some experience with Command Line Interfaces and Linux commands. The readme on the gitlab repo gives you some direction but if you're not familiar with Linux then you'll probably ask some questions

Sogun wrote:

I would like to test the current improvements myself, even if it's just the antialising toggle.

I can create xdeltas of my personal changes but I can't guarantee my changes will be stable or work properly.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello. Has there been any progress with decomp?

The only thing besides the features already posted in this topic are some videos from Jonaeru with 100 simulant in Combat simulator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPgEZvAkDOI
Is someone else working/experimenting with the decomp project?

Can someone compile the PDHP rom and post a patch? I'll really like to try it since it seemsit has several performance and image quality improvements compared to vanilla. Thanks.
https://gitlab.com/ryandwyer/perfect-dark/-/tree/mods/performance

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I recall, activity has slowed down a bit. Ryan made the 100 simulants patch and added a few things to the performance branch, but is currently on break until the new year. Beyond that, Jonaeru has started porting and making things for the Japanese version, one new thing being a sim healthbar viewer in multi.

https://gitlab.com/Jonaeru/perfect-dark/-/tree/mods/sim-health-bar

Oh yeah, there is also someone working on getting decomp to work with the mouse injector.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgKAnsVVdq4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: