ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Is there a reason why the PD Action Blocks window is taller than the GE one? I have been using my TV for this stuff lately, and even on the highest resolution setting, I cannot see the bottom portion that has useful functions. The GE side is fine, though.

I've honestly never noticed this but you're right

GE: 824x776
PD: 824x787

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I fixed it (or broke it worse?). If someone wants to see...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So far, so good! Thanks. Now I can actually use those nifty features in PD mode again. Searching is certainly helpful in various situations, and the objective bit scanning is another really useful ability.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to quickly congratulate Sub on suffering through 100 pages of requests and bugs! Personally I'm amazed that he hasn't just deleted it all out of spite!

PS: He still won't let me buy him a coffee Wink

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some relevations from the decompile of Perfect Dark

PD subaction command 018C
Currently it's listed as Remove Cassandra's Necklace
Really it's "Hide Guard's Model 05 Part Index Switch"
GG = Guard ID
PP = Model 05 Part Index Switch

Requires that part index to refer to a 12 Handle/Switch node.

GE subaction command 006E / PD subaction command 0075
Set 2328 to Pad within Distance
These are assumed to work the same way.
Decompile describes this as each number (02,04,08) being certain distances away from the character running the command. Unsure what 1X and 2X actually do.

GE subaction command 006F / PD subaction command 0076
Set 2328 to Pad within Quadrant
These are assumed to work the same way.
Decompile has this listed as attempting to find a pad in a given quadrant
It checks for the closest pad to the target, and then checks if that pad or its neighbours are in the quadrant. If so, set the 2328.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for update - always interesting to see the action block commands. I'll update this in the editor and post it to beta.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am away from PC, but I think PD action 017B is "If Guard ID Unconscious". I am using it to detect when Boris has been knocked out cold, both for failing before he activates the mainframe (with a different line of text), and to set an EEPROM flag for when you encounter him again later in Control. He'll remember how you beat him up.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I am away from PC, but I think PD action 017B is "If Guard ID Unconscious". I am using it to detect when Boris has been knocked out cold, both for failing before he activates the mainframe (with a different line of text), and to set an EEPROM flag for when you encounter him again later in Control. He'll remember how you beat him up.

Decomp confirms this is correct

I should probably just link the header with all the subaction commands
https://gitlab.com/ryandwyer/perfect-dark/-/blob/master/src/include/commands.h

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

The notes I came up with back in the past says it passes on knocked out and deleted guards, so make sure you account for that in the script.

HeronNobody
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:08 am    Post subject: I have been trying to modify the Smash 64 data screen. Reply with quote Back to top

I have been playing with Golden editor to modify the characters Data screens. I have been successful on modifying their franchise icon and their works text, but i run into import/export errors when trying to modify their name or profile text.

Looks like the way either image is exported is corrupted. And when I re import, it ends up fuzzy or off. Any suggestions for a work around?

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I have been trying to modify the Smash 64 data screen. Reply with quote Back to top

HeronNobody wrote:
I have been playing with Golden editor to modify the characters Data screens. I have been successful on modifying their franchise icon and their works text, but i run into import/export errors when trying to modify their name or profile text.

Looks like the way either image is exported is corrupted. And when I re import, it ends up fuzzy or off. Any suggestions for a work around?

My understanding is that the images need to be in a similar or same format in the rom as the previous image it was replacing. Same type or compression or however. They are also listed in Game Config under the screen indexes so adjusting the values for the texture there might help too. I'd focus on making sure you're matching type and compression in Image tools.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
The notes I came up with back in the past says it passes on knocked out and deleted guards, so make sure you account for that in the script.

I'll keep an eye out for that, but it seems to be cooperating with how I've got it setup. I'll need to use it for a number people (Natalya, Valentin, Mishkin, etc), just to differentiate fails between death and knocked out, so more places to look out for down the road.

HeronNobody
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I have been trying to modify the Smash 64 data screen. Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond wrote:
HeronNobody wrote:

My understanding is that the images need to be in a similar or same format in the rom as the previous image it was replacing. Same type or compression or however. They are also listed in Game Config under the screen indexes so adjusting the values for the texture there might help too. I'd focus on making sure you're matching type and compression in Image tools.

I will look into if the images are compressed. ty. I did try a simple export/import test. I exported pikachu's data screen bio text from image tools and then just reimported it with no image modifications. The result was the text appearing again, but very fuzzy. I will check game configs also. ty.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: I have been trying to modify the Smash 64 data screen. Reply with quote Back to top

HeronNobody wrote:
HackBond wrote:
HeronNobody wrote:

I will look into if the images are compressed. ty. I did try a simple export/import test. I exported pikachu's data screen bio text from image tools and then just reimported it with no image modifications. The result was the text appearing again, but very fuzzy. I will check game configs also. ty.

Potentially there might also be an issue with mipmaps/no mipmaps. It can create an effect that makes the image almost look corrupt if it expects one and gets the other. That's something to match too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've happened on this twice now, and I think I know what is happening. When I delete a pad out in a PD level, any reference to "2328" by various actions will actually subtract 1 from the value. It sets it to "2327". It doesn't break the game (at least not emulation), but it obviously doesn't keep the desired effect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 100 of 107

Jump to: