ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if you know this, but I noticed one thing.
The sound effect for getting the item to start the solo mission does not sound if you use the prerecorded camera.
If you use the 2E camera, the sound will be heard.

GoldenEye X 5e - Mission - Frigate - 00 Agent (Console)
https://youtu.be/miOLQBR4sxE

So the level I created uses a prerecorded camera first. Smile
(I used a prerecorded camera unedited at the time, but now I know how to edit it)
https://youtu.be/fo2q0QyNO14

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice little update. I asked about the possibility of the instant camera break from shooting the lens being left in PD (decomp), and Ryan Dwyer confirmed it remains. I ended up redoing the GE camera port, keeping the format it originally had. This resulted in a proper functioning camera. No more firing at the lens and it not blowing up immediately!

I've been working on the Bunker i mission, and it is going quite well. Still a bit to figure out, but it will definitely make it into the next patch.

Jonaeru: I had thought that having a proper introduction to a level would probably get rid of the beeping sound that occurs when items are assigned to players during start. Intro scenes will need to be remade at some point, for sure.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Goldeneye x update in Graslu channel on youtube. im thrilled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z_dcJ2fy2I

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How much longer until this patch is finally out? It's been 6 long years! What's the hold up?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Holidays, adding polish, and bug fixing. It's coming out this month regardless. There were two game breaking crashes that were only recently ironed out, and I was not releasing it in that state. After six years, another week or two can't hurt. Wink

If you haven't already, you can check out the GoldenEye Mods Twitter page. I share some updates and preview images there.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well if that's the case, you're right. Another two weeks won't hurt at all. Just take your time with the rest of the GE-X team. I think I'll just wait it over. This is the only source I like to come for Goldeneye X news.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not have twitter but noticed you asked,

Question time! So, in #PerfectDark, Joanna had a coop partner named Velvet. She was basically your Player 2 character. Who should fill this role in #GoldenEye X? This same person is in every mission with Bond, so no suggesting someone different based on the current level. Ideas?

Has anyone suggested using Rowan Aktinson (Mr. Bean) as a coop character? after all he made an appearance in one of the Connery films and starred in the spy comedy johnny English. Would tie things together nicely along with the future Austin powers character you were planning to implement.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found the Goldeneye Mods twitter page and I must say I like the improvements done so far. The work on the collisions in Frigate. And the lights being able to be shattered and dim the surrounding area. Like that that new feature made it's way into the solo campaign. Also would love to see the hanging light-bulbs in Caverns get the same treatment.

I don't have twitter but If I had to vote to add female civilians/moonraker elites etc. that were left over I would say yes. To the best scenario where they may fit in.

And I also think for Co-op that your partner should be based on who is involved with Bond on each level. I remember for Control Natalya was used to help with opening up the main control room. Though now that I think of it I think using Natalya wouldn't make sense as a partner in that level. So not sure who would fit best in there. Probably a left over character, I'm not sure.

It's also great to know the 2 of the 3 crashing bugs that were on console have since been fixed. Hopefully the third one is fixed soon or in the next patch.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on Goldeneye's decompilation progress. It seems now progress has continued and the decomp is now half way thru at 50.9% completion. Hopefully Kholdfuzion pops back here and can give a little hand with GE-X development as Ryan Dyer has been doing.

Once Goldeneye's decomp is complete hopefully more things will be more easier to transfer over to the PD/GE-X engine and more things like action blocks will be 100% or close to accurate as they were in the original GE game.

Last edited by Thundera8589 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While it is good having certain things accurate to the original, some elements of PD should be integrated. Especially with the AI. We'll see what the future holds.

Onto the mod matters as a whole...
With the GE re-release finally out and gathering a lot of attention online, many of us involved in the N64 Vault Discord channel have come to an agreement that GE related mods / projects should be postponed for a little while. This is the first time in close to two decades that the N64 game is making money again for multiple companies. They've already shutdown the GE25 project, and took down the GoldenEye FarCry maps (which I think did end up returning, but renamed), so it may be wise to remain on the quiet side for now. However, GE-X progress resumes. It is not being shelved.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
While it is good having certain things accurate to the original, some elements of PD should be integrated. Especially with the AI. We'll see what the future holds.

Onto the mod matters as a whole...
With the GE re-release finally out and gathering a lot of attention online, many of us involved in the N64 Vault Discord channel have come to an agreement that GE related mods / projects should be postponed for a little while. This is the first time in close to two decades that the N64 game is making money again for multiple companies. They've already shutdown the GE25 project, and took down the GoldenEye FarCry maps (which I think did end up returning, but renamed), so it may be wise to remain on the quiet side for now. However, GE-X progress resumes. It is not being shelved.

Sadly, I think that you might be right to delay any Goldeneye-related mod releases for a few months. Probably no one in Microsoft, or Nintendo, or Rare, or any other connected company actually cares about (or even really knows about) Goldeneye N64 modding, but why risk it? We all know that modding the N64 game won't take any potential sales away from the recently released XBox version, but the people making money from the new release might not think too logically about it, so it's probably best not to rock the boat, and to instead opt to delay any GE mods for a few months, until most people who would buy the the XBox version have bought it.

A pity, but on the plus side, there's no reason at all to stop working on the mods, just don't release them for a while.

And it's really great to hear that work on GE X is sill ongoing!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With GE in the current spotlight, it would only take someone like IGN to catch onto something like GE-X, and do a story on a fan-made GoldenEye project that advances the original game by using another Rare N64 classic. Playable for free on emulator or console. The media attention is a double edged sword. And right now, I may be the one receiving the cuts.

Simple one off level mods may be safer to release directly to Vault.

DatadyneReaserch
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That’s pretty understandable about the media being a double edged sword. I would absolutely hate for goldeneye X to be taken down or it’s creators being threatened with legal action. We can wait a lil longer if it means we can see something in the future. You guys have done a lot for goldeneye modding as a whole. Much respect. Much love.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. I wouldnt want Wreck and the team to be facing the "hammer of justice" from Nintendo from just making a mod. Technically its Perfect Dark, Nintendo ;P ...We can wait..I'm just glad progress is being made. Thanks for all the hard work guys! Looking forward to all the updates.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Relieved to see the understanding from others. Smile

I have begun work on another mission, so that means at least four more than last patch (bringing up to seven total). Depending on how long we wait, that may grow.

We have a new GoldenEye X logo, courtesy of Trevor. Also, you'll be able to treat your ears to the GE-X intro theme song, crafted by Kode-Z.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 60 of 64

Jump to: