ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I've happened on this twice now, and I think I know what is happening. When I delete a pad out in a PD level, any reference to "2328" by various actions will actually subtract 1 from the value. It sets it to "2327". It doesn't break the game (at least not emulation), but it obviously doesn't keep the desired effect.

You're totally right. GE had the special checks for 2328 but PD did not. That code likely has never changed and was before we knew about it. Should be fixed now in beta, let me know if I missed any spots.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

So, apparently you can shift a pad ID up/down the list in the "Edit Presets/Pads" menu... however, it doesn't actually update anything else, it seems. Like if I add a new pad to end, and I try shifting it up the list, it actually just puts whatever object was at that pad ID to the new pad location data. Is this something that would be too troublesome to correct? So that everything referencing pad IDs would be properly updated when you shift them up/down the list? I did not try GE mode.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was intentional I thought? To be able to manually add to beginning or move things around leave references.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With some investigation, there seems to be an issue with either exporting or importing models into the PD Model Editor. Exporting Cdark_combatZ and then importing it seems to shift some UV coordinates. They're not the same UV coordinates but they are in the same "position" in the texture. This change in coordinates for a clamp texture, and both coordinates being outside the clamp limits seems to change its colour from grey/black to white.

Original

Imported

Seems like the coordinates seem to have 1 subtracted from them in TU and TV. Thanks Xii-Nyth on the Vault Discord.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Imports do try to auto correct to put clamp in range. Are you saying the original uvs are out of clamp range intentionally by rare? It's not a bug, it tries to help imports to put bad uvs back to 0-1 for clamp.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Imports do try to auto correct to put clamp in range. Are you saying the original uvs are out of clamp range intentionally by rare? It's not a bug, it tries to help imports to put bad uvs back to 0-1 for clamp.

That's good to know that PG tries to correct stuff like that but yeah the UVs are intentionally outside clamp range on a different side of the clamped texture, creating a different effect with stretching the edge.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just stumbled across something: In the first level of PD the editor is only displaying the first 15 lines of the level text. The exported text file shows the entire text for the level, but in the editor we only get the first 15 lines.

I'd also really appreciate a "load text file from rom" button as it'd be super handy!

EDIT: I think there might be something screwy going on here with notepad. I'll need to drill further into this one.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Just stumbled across something: In the first level of PD the editor is only displaying the first 15 lines of the level text. The exported text file shows the entire text for the level, but in the editor we only get the first 15 lines.

I'd also really appreciate a "load text file from rom" button as it'd be super handy!

EDIT: I think there might be something screwy going on here with notepad. I'll need to drill further into this one.

I'm not sure what you mean? I see 0x6E count. Matches text file.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:

To expand on this suggestion, I was thinking the text editor needs a button to force refresh all text from Game Config. There are a number of times where text doesn't update properly, so it'd be useful to be able to force the editor to update all text. And, if it's possible, it'd also be nice to have a button somewhere to auto-inject the loaded text to Game Config's ROM.
As it is now, text and briefing are the only things that are completely isolated from the Game Config despite needing its file list.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would you believe that English is my first language, and despite being 40 I'm still not very good at it.

What Lazlo52 said. That. Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Request time!
I've recently added two new actions for GE-X, but they are obviously not supported at this time by the PD Editor. I know GE had the Footsteps version support, for modified and new actions. Could something be done to allow GE-X ROMs to use custom actions? This is what I have right now...

0xE6 : If Language Filter OFF, Go to Label [size 0x3 block]
0xE7 : If Alternative Title Screen ON, Go to Label [size 0x3 block]
(these are both basically copies of If Toxic Gas Released, Go to Label, but modified)

If I manually edit a setup file to test in game, then try to open that level in Visual, it just seems to hang at the progress bar. I'd need to constantly edit the file before and after, which would become rather annoying.

Last edited by Wreck on Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added it detecting GoldenEye X ROM Header Name. Note that somebody else had also overridden E6 with special editor detect, though I can't remember what for...called actionE6OverrideAsMultiWeaponChoice, which detected different bytes.

I added allowing import/export of text files from game configuration for PD/GE, hopefully works ok. I can't remember what the export empty pointers as 00000000 was for, but added as checkbox. Also a button in top right to update text in all the other editor dialogs from there. It also automatically (already did this, not new) on a project open, as well as opening a ROM in game configuration.

Obj2an8 now supports a checkbox for exporting as vertex colors v. I think it's a bad idea, it doesn't support alpha, and most modeling formats tie colors to faces, so it might have some wrong colors if some formats share same point, and different colors tied to same vertex, and won't be directly integrated to editor, but you can use obj2an8 if you want to do it.

Hopefully this takes care of everything for now.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was actually a custom action request I made years ago, which you had implemented. Somehow that was lost to time. I think the changes were reverted, once I found that it wasn't going to be as helpful to me as I had first hoped. So if I don't have it, I don't think anyone else in the world does. Razz

Alright, so after loading my latest ROM through Game Configurations, and choosing to open a level through Visual, it looks like only 0xE6 is showing up, but as the old If Multi Weapon Set action. I actually did change 0xE6 to now be "If Language Filter OFF, Go to Label" (as opposed to ON).

Also, I have been getting two error reading bitmap warnings when I open a level in Visual. Didn't happen prior to updating. Nothing specific. Just a message that lists my main Editor directory. Close one, another pops up. Both GE and PD modes.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Also, I have been getting two error reading bitmap warnings when I open a level in Visual. Didn't happen prior to updating. Nothing specific. Just a message that lists my main Editor directory. Close one, another pops up. Both GE and PD modes.

so have I but I'm putting that on my drive starting to fail rather than the editor at the moment.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weird ok, I don't know why that suddenly broke, but it should be gone now. Also I made the GE:X detect occur before that other detect, so give it a try now on beta. It detects 0x20 is 476F6C64656E457965205820

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 101 of 107

Jump to: