ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boubouv12
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to put the voices of the movie?

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe put Roger Moore's face and outfit in the opening Aztec scene?

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with everyone else I rather the release be put on hold for the time being and give it a few months or however long it takes for the hype and relevancy of the Goldeneye Switch release to die down before any mod releases including GE-X.

Great to see progress is ongoing. This should mean now with more time to work on GE-X the rest or most of the levels have been completely clipped by now. So no more falling to our deaths when exploring the levels.

Can't wait to see the new logo. And nice to know the game has a (original?) track of it's own. TY Kode-Z

Guess this release delay can be used to make sure there are no holes around in this new patch.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's crazy to imagine that since this was majorly discussed we have AI now that can replicate voices fairly well so the need to splice voices or find voice actors is null at this point. We can use AI to almost perfectly do all of the dialogue in GoldenEye and more.

And before anyone brings up copyright, this is a free hack on top of a game that has actor's exact likenesses included. Doing AI voices will not bring any more scrutiny than already exists being a ROM hack.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Computers, robots and AI are already taking enough jobs away from humans. Let's leave the dialogue up to real people, regardless if they sound exact or not. If someone wants to add their AI attempts to their own ROM, I say have fun.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know, this is the first time I've disagreed with you on anything you've created for GE:X. I would much rather listen to an AI do lines for GE/GE:X and have it be more faithful than some guy in his bedroom with a microphone that may or may not be good with an impression that will probably not even be close to the original.

I hope you reconsider in the future, I've toyed with AI for other game characters and it's amazing how much emotion you can get in the voice to where it almost sounds like the person themselves talking.

Anyway just wanted to share that since no one else spoke up about it, I hope you reconsider this stance in the future.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
You know, this is the first time I've disagreed with you on anything you've created for GE:X. I would much rather listen to an AI do lines for GE/GE:X and have it be more faithful than some guy in his bedroom with a microphone that may or may not be good with an impression that will probably not even be close to the original.

I hope you reconsider in the future, I've toyed with AI for other game characters and it's amazing how much emotion you can get in the voice to where it almost sounds like the person themselves talking.

Anyway just wanted to share that since no one else spoke up about it, I hope you reconsider this stance in the future.

As someone who's tried out a month of voice cloning myself, I'd say it's not a very viable option the way it works now. It's all just...retrying the same line over and over until it sounds right, and I don't feel like that's something worth going through for a project with a fair range of dialogue. It worked out well enough for my silly little thing, but I wouldn't wanna try that with something more substantial and a clear direction.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Computers, robots and AI are already taking enough jobs away from humans. Let's leave the dialogue up to real people, regardless if they sound exact or not. If someone wants to add their AI attempts to their own ROM, I say have fun.

I'm happy with this. Some people can mimic voices incredibly well so it's always a possibility to get someone to do the dub. I imagine the quality reductions that come from having to squeeze MP3s into a N64 cartridge will help mask some of the potential issues with having someone mimic the voice.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Goldeneye X preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQGWNzfNg3M

Apparently the difficulty is too high, but I like it, what do you all think?

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck,

Jonaeru wrote:
Sorry if you know this, but I noticed one thing.
The sound effect for getting the item to start the solo mission does not sound if you use the prerecorded camera.
If you use the 2E camera, the sound will be heard.

GoldenEye X 5e - Mission - Frigate - 00 Agent (Console)
https://youtu.be/miOLQBR4sxE

So the level I created uses a prerecorded camera first. Smile
(I used a prerecorded camera unedited at the time, but now I know how to edit it)
https://youtu.be/fo2q0QyNO14

It may be forcefull way, but I have found a solution. Loading a prerecorded camera after the fade-out will stop the beep. I hope this will be helpful.

Sample Code: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tXd1H0fVMuGFrQ0wDi86grqvifvBaLcG/view
Video: https://youtu.be/HA_VSHPdcQo

"0174 When button is pressed, Goto Label" does not seem to work with 2E cameras, so I cannot skip cutscene. Sad

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A little off topic, but has anyone seen this? Perfect dark 64 running vs a 100 simulants! its nuts! I would absolutely love to be able to do this in Goldeneye X in the future!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8B1imhu7s

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guard accuracy (and probably lesser obvious stats) was an error that only recently occurred. I've been able to trace the issue, and Ryan Dwyer helped me make more sense of it. It should no longer be a concern, but difficulty will need further testing for each mission.

Higher number of Sims would have to be a mod of it. I wouldn't do that for normal GE-X, as it also relies on some other tweaks and optimizations to run decently.

Jonaeru: Thanks for the info. I will check into that. Eventually the intros will probably need to be animated cameras, since as you said, you can not skip the 2E camera type. Makes it annoying each time you restart the level.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G14Classified wrote:
A little off topic, but has anyone seen this? Perfect dark 64 running vs a 100 simulants! its nuts! I would absolutely love to be able to do this in Goldeneye X in the future!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8B1imhu7s

Yes, that is intriguing! I wonder what other mods are available for PD now that the decompilation code has been available to the public for a good few weeks now. I'd imagine that bug fixes and optimizations are the main immediate goal, but no doubt gameplay, weapon, and environmental changes will appear too.

Is there a webpage listing new projects and downloads for these projects?

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently it is through Github only, and just a tad too technical for me, hopefully someone will simplify these things with time and more people will get on board with the possibilities.

Edit: here is the source code
https://gitlab.com/ryandwyer/perfect-dark/-/tree/mods/maxbots

Theoretical limit 800bots but
"Playing with around 425 bots causes a crash after a few seconds."
obviously there are frame rate limitations on the original hardware but can be played on pc as well.

Still imagine playing streets with goldeneye X with civilians, st petersburg police, St Petersburg special police and soldiers running around in mayhem. Would simply be incredible.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G14Classified wrote:
Apparently it is through Github only, and just a tad too technical for me, hopefully someone will simplify these things with time and more people will get on board with the possibilities.

Edit: here is the source code
https://gitlab.com/ryandwyer/perfect-dark/-/tree/mods/maxbots

Theoretical limit 800bots but
"Playing with around 425 bots causes a crash after a few seconds."
obviously there are frame rate limitations on the original hardware but can be played on pc as well.

Still imagine playing streets with goldeneye X with civilians, st petersburg police, St Petersburg special police and soldiers running around in mayhem. Would simply be incredible.

It would have to be when Goldeneye X gets "ported" to the decompile of Perfect Dark. I doubt that will happen any time soon, especially since as far as I know Wreck isn't a coder, but that would allow that mod from Ryan to be merged into GE-X as a mod.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 61 of 64

Jump to: