ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Switch and Xbox versions announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Night Dive Studios (a company that releases old games for modern hardware, such as Turok 1 and 2, Blood, Quake, Doom 64, etc) are going to re-release the all time classic game System Shock 2*. If you've not played SS2, it's a complex PC-exclusive science-fiction RPG first person shooter/melee game that is still superb, after a quarter of a century.

I mention it because NDS have been in touch with the SS2 fan community ( https://www.systemshock.org/index.php), and the upcoming re-release of the game will officially incorporate some of the fan-made mods, including the brilliant SCP (System Shock 2 Community Patch), which fixes literally hundreds of issues with the base game, ranging from minor graphical fixes, to fixing actual bugs, to rebalancing gameplay mechanics.

I wish more companies would do this, when porting/remaking older games that have modding communities. Imagine Goldeneye on the XBox/Switch but with the multiplayer mode of Goldeneye X!

* For anyone who might be interested in System Shock 2, it's being released alongside the remaster of the original System Shock next month.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Night Dive Studios (a company that releases old games for modern hardware, such as Turok 1 and 2, Blood, Quake, Doom 64, etc) are going to re-release the all time classic game System Shock 2*. If you've not played SS2, it's a complex PC-exclusive science-fiction RPG first person shooter/melee game that is still superb, after a quarter of a century.

I mention it because NDS have been in touch with the SS2 fan community ( https://www.systemshock.org/index.php), and the upcoming re-release of the game will officially incorporate some of the fan-made mods, including the brilliant SCP (System Shock 2 Community Patch), which fixes literally hundreds of issues with the base game, ranging from minor graphical fixes, to fixing actual bugs, to rebalancing gameplay mechanics.

I wish more companies would do this, when porting/remaking older games that have modding communities. Imagine Goldeneye on the XBox/Switch but with the multiplayer mode of Goldeneye X!

* For anyone who might be interested in System Shock 2, it's being released alongside the remaster of the original System Shock next month.

Would be nice, but the legal nightmare that is the Bond license won't ever allow that, and that Nightdive own SS2 and have done for a decade.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I have no doubt Nintendo would horrified at mixing GE with Mario. But many of us who grew up playing Goldeneye also played Mario 64 around the same time and have nostalgia for that game as well...so that kind of a mashup would be entertaining to us adults who are now in our 30s or 40s.

It would have been nice if they had included some fanmade hacked maps as unlockable content after you beat the game. I'm dreaming of course as this would never be a reality, but it would be a good selling point.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hell, even a cheap DLC pack of extra MP levels. Couple dollars for a bonus 4-5 maps. Would certainly sell a good number of those. Even XBLA had three more (though actually four setups in .xex) planned. Old game + new content = well accepted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: