ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll kickoff by saying that I'm probably using this wrong.

I've a request! So I've set my sights on music and ambient sounds for PD and run straight into my first (well that's a lie, it's about my seventh) problem: "Import Loop Point" and the tickbox "Loop Midi Import".

After discussion on Discord I gather that I need to set an import loop time for the midi, have the box checked, and it should loop while playing in the game. So my "closed test" is to use a midi that I've exported out of the editor and that I'm importing back into the editor, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work.

Would it be possible to have a "Loop MIDI At Finish" option when importing MIDI files into the editor? Very Happy

I'm sure there's lots of sophisticated stuff going on with the different MIDI tracks in PD but I know that I'll never use that so this sort of hacky solution would solve all of the problems like that.

Failing that is there any documentation on this as I was unable to find any over the last few days. Cheers!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At finish should be 0? You mean restart song. That's simplest one. Are you using that.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I want to kick off by saying that that's not at all how I read that field, but it works! Ok that problem solved crazy easy I guess, onto my usual bugging you to have 64x64 textures set to no mips on tris when importing models I guess Wink

I should ask what your preferred MIDI editing software to use with the editor is, I've been trying different things to see if there's something that I gel with, that doesn't have a huge collection of associated hiccoughs.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They should all work as long as can load ge soundfont. I use synthfont since since free.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta say that I've got some awesome results from my "blind edits" using MidiEditor and a bit of help from the forums. A very organic sounding background track for the PD level.

I'll checkout SoundFont - thanks a heap for the suggestion!

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I think this one is on me for flying too close to the sun with the level that I'm working on:

To get around bugs and glitches on the level I'm working on I find I'm having to go through the rooms and do the triangle operations "Reorder all triangles for transparency/topflag/alpha" and "Group together primary triangles". Now I'd say that these are already done on import and I've got a broke export out of Blender (or similar) but wonder if there's a faster way to do these steps than room by room?

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Ok, I think this one is on me for flying too close to the sun with the level that I'm working on:

To get around bugs and glitches on the level I'm working on I find I'm having to go through the rooms and do the triangle operations "Reorder all triangles for transparency/topflag/alpha" and "Group together primary triangles". Now I'd say that these are already done on import and I've got a broke export out of Blender (or similar) but wonder if there's a faster way to do these steps than room by room?

As far as I know these do run on every room in the background.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's been quiet on this thread for too long! Of course I'm here to ruin that.

[insert sound of SubDrag groaning in pain]

So after getting my teeth into the music system for Goldeneye I've managed to get the hang of importing new sounds for the soundfonts, and have the Goldeneye "lets just see" version of Dark Noon at the point where it's just a few bugs short of being released.

Which means...I'm now setting my eyes on starting work on importing music, and soundfont instruments, into PD. Naturally I'm stuck (I wouldn't be posting on the bugs thread to say just how successful I've been now would I?).

Simply: How can I import new soundfont .wav files into PD using the editor?
I've tried different software programmes to get the compression correct, crawled around the bowls of the internet, and I'm not managing to get past a set of errors on import. I've also got an air-gap in my knowledge pertaining to what "predictors" are and how I'd configure them too. For what it's worth I did even try compressing the sounds down to .bin files using whatever N64 tools I could get my grubbies on.

Is there a tutorial or a thread I can read on this? I'll only be looking at getting about a half-dozen different sounds in to cover the new western-themed music.

Cheers!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The tbl data is usually fine, but ctl can't be expanded in PD. To not adjust the size, don't add any waves, and always use Import 16-Bit Wav Same Predictors. Otherwise the only way to save space is to replace predictors that are unique with all the same ones, if you really needed new ones.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man that was a lightening fast reply!

Ok, I think I get it - so it's the duration/size that's critical with PD as it can't be expanded there? If the size is too large is it going to cause issues with the lookups?

Can the "Error sft input != output instrument tbl Mismatch" error be safely ignored? It comes up sometimes when re-importing the exported sound over itself.

I should also ask what the "Advanced Audio Import" which is sometimes available entails - I'm sure it's simple, but I've just not got my head around it yet Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any error like that sounds bad, not sure how you got into that state? It writes out the new ROM, and compares tbl to make sure it matches as debug. So your audio might be corrupted?

Yeah PD cannot be expanded/shifted for audio because of where it's located, and how many things are in between that and shifted data.

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exporting and importing texts from Japanese ROM is no problem, but writing ROM fails.

Steps:
1. Choose the original Japanese ROM in Game Configuration
MD5: 1880DA358F875C0740D4A6731E110109 (GoldenEye 007 (J) [!] .z64)
2. Select "0293 LdamJ" in File management
3. Save File "LdamJ.txt"
4. Inject File "LdamJ.txt" (without modification)
5. Write ROM

Error:
Error, wrote text for files too far into file, Delete files such as Japanese text

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that's true unfortunately - you'll need to press the delete debug data button first or manually inject empty files. For some reason, the way the data is written, it gets slightly larger the original, and can't make it bigger due to ASM.

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I understand very well. Thank you so much.
However, after pressing the "Delete Debug Data (and J text)" button without changing anything, I wrote the ROM, but it froze when I played.
I will try different things.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jonaeru wrote:
I understand very well. Thank you so much.
However, after pressing the "Delete Debug Data (and J text)" button without changing anything, I wrote the ROM, but it froze when I played.
I will try different things.

Oh that's not supposed to happen - what crashes? You can try maybe injecting an empty file into some unused or delete one or two known to be unused first to try.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 102 of 107

Jump to: