ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Understandably, it would take some time. Very exciting prospect however.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I highly doubt GoldenEye X moves completely over to utilize the decomp. I don't think that's something Wreck wants to do with the project going forward. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see it that way.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are too many benefits not to move into decomp territory, but it won't be for a while longer. Performance enhancements will definitely improve gameplay on console. Plus there are various things no longer in PD, which could possibly find their way back in. That also relies on GE decomp, however.

Jonaeru: I tried out your suggestion for the level intro to get rid of the beeping noise from when giving players a gadget. It seems to work nicely. Thanks.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If that's the case and if performance enhancements do improve gameplay on console in terms of less laggy and more frame rate for smoother gameplay, then I have only one request and that is if maybe you can replace the Cradle optimized map with the full Cradle map instead. I think that would be much more fun and what everyone would want more than an optimized version for VR.

Another thing. Not a request this time but more of a suggestion. Perhaps with the decomp now you would be able to fix up issues with the simulants firing rate of the Cougar Magnum being a lot faster than human players. If we can learn how to slow down the speed of simulant firing rates for weapons like the Magnum, then we can go back to matching the "original" firing rate speed of the Cougar Magnum for human players that was used in the original GE007 game. This also goes for the shotgun issue with the simulants that makes them firing 2 rounds? (I forgot what the issue was it's been so long).

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Jonaeru: I tried out your suggestion for the level intro to get rid of the beeping noise from when giving players a gadget. It seems to work nicely. Thanks.

It was good. Thank you for your response!

DocMidnyte
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:41 am    Post subject: Current Directions for Goldeneye X install Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,

Sorry to post here but there don’t seem to be many active threads. Could someone direct me to the most current directions to install this on my pc?

Will online multiplayer work?

Thanks and sorry again for the post here.

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The xdelta patch must be applied to the original PD ROM. The following video by Graslu00 may be helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mL0I__VMec

Quote:
Will online multiplayer work?

I have tested online multiplayer before with Simple64.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3-d9cWYPDo

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck (and co.), now that we've passed the six month anniversary of the Goldeneye release on the XBox and Nintendo Switch platforms, do you have any idea when you will be releasing the next version of Goldeneye X, please?

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been anxiously awaiting release as well, thought I was the only one as well.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't give an exact date. That rarely works out. I have been helping out with other projects, and playing around with my own, but GE-X will be seeing a new release this year. Really depends on how much time I have, and what else comes my way, as to what month that might be.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I can't give an exact date. That rarely works out. I have been helping out with other projects, and playing around with my own, but GE-X will be seeing a new release this year. Really depends on how much time I have, and what else comes my way, as to what month that might be.

Understood, thanks. I take it you don't want to say what these other projects are?

I'm glad to hear of any game-related news that might interest me, because I have *never* found the commercial side of gaming to be as uninspired and uninteresting as I find it nowadays. I still haven't bought a current generation XBox or Playstation, because there are no games that I know for them that I really want. The few games that I might want seem to be mediocre when they are released.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello to the goldeneye team and the entire community here and on discord. First I want to congratulate the team for this great project and the way to carry it out, after a long wait I suppose we will be enjoying the best.

Seeing in the preview video how the camera works like in GE instead of working like CamSpy or BombSpy, that makes me think and hope that you can port, imitate or create almost any behavior that comes from other games, In other words, that makes me think that one day the Tank vehicle will end up working in PD just as it works in GE. I suppose this vehicle will be the most difficult thing for the team to implement to the mod and therefore they will be leaving it for the final part of this great project.

I understand the reasons explained above that lead the team to delay the release of the new patch. This makes me ask the mod team and the people who work on the GE/PD Editor:

While we wait for some releases, can't you create levels and missions using pre-made materials from the GE-X mod that have nothing to do with the original games?
that is to say, I mean missions like those that exist for GE.

I think people in general expect to have the GE/PD Editor ready with the pre-made stuff from GE-X to be able to do the same mods as in GE, but taking advantage of the engine that PD offers.

Also at the same time I find it curious how after so many years few people make mods or dare to make them for PD. Is that due to the difference in learning and difficulty between making a mod for GE than PD? I imagine that what happens is that GE will be much more documented and investigated and with that information people will find it easier and will have to eat less head with GE.

A big greeting to everyone and we hope to be able to enjoy soon what may come from the PD engine, whatever the mod.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
I understand the reasons explained above that lead the team to delay the release of the new patch. This makes me ask the mod team and the people who work on the GE/PD Editor:

While we wait for some releases, can't you create levels and missions using pre-made materials from the GE-X mod that have nothing to do with the original games?
that is to say, I mean missions like those that exist for GE.

I think people in general expect to have the GE/PD Editor ready with the pre-made stuff from GE-X to be able to do the same mods as in GE, but taking advantage of the engine that PD offers.

Also at the same time I find it curious how after so many years few people make mods or dare to make them for PD. Is that due to the difference in learning and difficulty between making a mod for GE than PD? I imagine that what happens is that GE will be much more documented and investigated and with that information people will find it easier and will have to eat less head with GE.

A big greeting to everyone and we hope to be able to enjoy soon what may come from the PD engine, whatever the mod.

As far as l know, nothing's truly stopping someone from using GE-X as a base for their mod. It's just, making a mod on a mod is an uncommon thing. That, and no one's really making mods for PD to begin with.

I think the reason why PD mods are so rare is because a long time ago, the default flags for guards were misconfigured in the editor, so people saw guards behaving weird and they assumed PD must be too complicated to work with. But even if you get past that, there's still a bunch of tiny things that trip up a newcomer. Things like needing to run the Initialize Simulants commands at the start, not having a simple way to place an intro cam or swirl like GE, custom clipping being more complex... Stuff like that. When you're used to GE, it's easy to think, "I could just stick with GE, it's fine."

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Lazlo and the whole team:

With what you explain in the second paragraph, I meant that when the PD editor, so to speak, is ready or almost finished or as advanced as the GE editor, maybe people will already know how to use the default flags and flags for guards, clippings, etc............even maybe when the PD editor is researched enough, maybe people will think well it's more or less like configuring for GE .

After all, I think that the team should think about making an editor called GE-X, that is, its own editor and separate from the GE/PD editors, that is, being able to use GE-X as if it were another N64 rom. simply to be able to use the already prefabricated and included elements, that is, for those who want to configure their own GE mission, but with the elements and engine of GE-X.

By the way for the weapons that are unlocked in the cheats, hopefully you can include new weapon models that don't come in the GE or PD games. For example, like some of Goldfinger64's own weapon designs.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
Hello Lazlo and the whole team:

With what you explain in the second paragraph, I meant that when the PD editor, so to speak, is ready or almost finished or as advanced as the GE editor, maybe people will already know how to use the default flags and flags for guards, clippings, etc............even maybe when the PD editor is researched enough, maybe people will think well it's more or less like configuring for GE .

After all, I think that the team should think about making an editor called GE-X, that is, its own editor and separate from the GE/PD editors, that is, being able to use GE-X as if it were another N64 rom. simply to be able to use the already prefabricated and included elements, that is, for those who want to configure their own GE mission, but with the elements and engine of GE-X.

By the way for the weapons that are unlocked in the cheats, hopefully you can include new weapon models that don't come in the GE or PD games. For example, like some of Goldfinger64's own weapon designs.

As far as I am aware, only SubDrag and maybe one or two other people have access to the source for the GE Editor, so the likelyhood of the PD editor being spun off for GE-X alone is very unlikely. The decompile also exists, so if/when an "editor" for that comes around, I imagine people will try modding through that instead as you can just compile the rom rather than reinsert your changes into an already existing rom.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 62 of 64

Jump to: