ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Hacking Utilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Hacking Utilities Reply with quote Back to top

Im thinking of switching Hex Editors - I have been using XVI32 freeware hex editor for all of my hacking projects. I was wondering what the other hackers of these forums uses. Not only Hex editors, but any hacking programs or utilities.

I use:
Hex Editor: XVI32
Compression/Decompression: Now GE Setup Editor (I used to use the good ol python script and the old Compressor program)
CRC: rn64crc.exe
ROM Conversion: Tool64
IPS: SmartIPS
Notes: Notepad!
Hex Calc: Calculator! (Hex)
Emulator: 1964

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only Hex Editor I've ever used has been HexEdit 2.00, the free version. Anyone that I've recommended it to has really liked it. I guess it must be pretty good. Well, it does everything I need it to and then some. As for the CRC, I haven't dabbled into that much. Actually, I don't even know what CRC stands for. It contains filesizes and Words, right? The PD background data has a CRC file at the end of each stage.

Hex Editor: HexEdit 2.00 (free version)
Compression/Decompression: Rarepress & GoldenEditor
CRC: None as of yet
IPS: SmartIPS
Notes: Notepad
Hex Calc: Calculator (Hex)
Emulator: Project64 v1.6

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm....lets see...

Hex Editor: Hex Edit v2.0 (thanks wreck! )
Notes: Notepad (I now have a HUGE notes file as all of my notes from 3 different maps are all in one gigantic note file)
Hex Calc: Windows calculator wokrs just fine
Emulator: PJ64 (I don't care for 1964's interface)

I also use GSCC for uploading stuff to my gameshark (I'm one of the lucky ones who found a working LED version)

And I'm a screenshot freak - I just use the alt+print screen and then paste it and size it in MSPaint, then jpeg compress it with JPEG Optimizer (freeware) and upload it via CoffeeCup FTP v2.0 (freeware) to my college server

For video clips - I use ShowShifter v1.75 to encode wmv files and then WMV splitter v2.01 to split my files.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Re-CRC tool I havent used too much, only recently I have used it when modifying the 21990 index. You have to Re-CRC every time you modify it or else the ROM will refuse to work, some kind of boot protection for all N64 ROMS.

I looked into some Hex Editors, and now im trying WinHex (Not Free tho). The best that I came across that was free was HxD hex editor, I liked it mostly because it has the option: "Fill Selection" as does WinHex, that allows to simply fill an area with zeros. I like WinHex since I can bookmark entire blocks and move them.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've always used Hex Workshop. The one main flaw is for some reason byteflipping large files crashes it.

Brian_Hax
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hex Editor: HexEdit 2.00 (free version)
Compression/Decompression: GoldenEditor& Goldeneye Setup Editor
CRC: rn64crc.exe
IPS: SmartIPS(I know use it)
Notes: Word Pad
Hex Calc: Calculator (Hex)
Emulator: Demesnion 64 v 2.1, Project64k version 1.3

coming soon to SHOOTERS FOREVER

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hex editor: HexEdit 1.0 (also free)
compression/decompression: gzip + said hex editor
crc: self-compiled bugger.exe (has a cute bug icon from doukotsu monogatari, one of my favorite games)
rom conversion: hex editor
ips: smartips when on something modern. otherwise, just a home-grown program
hex: an old TI85, with a nifty program to convert float to hex
Emu: well, not really. sometimes when I can get to a modern computer nemu64 or PJ64 1.5. Usually gs mem-edit or a special homebrew 16-bit upload/download program. My usual computer is a win3.1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: