ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Response to "Citadel Showdown" (yeah, sure)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Response to "Citadel Showdown" (yeah, sure) Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight Kcghost and I played a 2 player Goldeneye game against each other. I had never played online before and went through every problem in the book. I aim to save you the trouble.

Here's what ya gotta do:

1. Plug in the N64 controller.

2. Restart the computer. That way, your computer will be able to recognize it.

3. Open 1964 and go to Plug-ins> Input Settings. Click on "Devices" and select "4 axis 16 button joystick" under Device.

4. Now you are ready to start connecting. Go to Net Play> Connect to Kaillera Server. If you are looking to join a game, you can select from one of the servers that comes up in the list. It may take a minute to ping all servers.

5. If you just want to join a hosted game, click it and say "Connect" and the host will take you from there. If you are hosting, refer to #6.

6. Click "Enter IP" and enter your IP address. If you don't know what it is, you can find out here. After, put :37888 similar to example. Then go down and go to G-Goldeneye.

I hope that clears it up for some people. You can add what is needed. This likely will be the next part of the PC tutorial. If it is, thanks in advance to GEMaster.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad you posted this info! I really hope these topics will spark the online GoldenEye scene. Trust me, with the new PJ64 coming with online play, it's going to rock.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didnt have time to explain this last night, Enter IP is not your IP, it is the server IP you are using. You do not have to know youre IP at all, I simply supplied the server IP so you dont have to go looking for a server named SCD Sonic Cage Dome or whatever.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Response to "Citadel Showdown" (yeah, sure) Reply with quote Back to top

clowns789 wrote:

6. Click "Enter IP" and enter your IP address. If you don't know what it is, you can find out here. After, put :37888 similar to example. Then go down and go to G-Goldeneye.

On that I relied totally on memory. I couldn't reconnect with the server so I just remembered when I scrolled down to G and clicked Goldeneye.

BTW, we went ahead and played on Facility. KC said the server might not be able to host Citadel, but I thought it might be because I didn't have BA. I don't even know if cheats work online.

After 45 minutes of configuration, we started playing. I started in the vents and KC startedin one of those rooms. Since I didn't restart the computer after plugging in the controller I had to use keyboard. I used wasd to move and arrow keys as C buttons. I had to spend a minute in the vent getting used to it. I fanally managed to work my way down to the door out. I slapped KC to one notch health. He went down the stairs and got stuck in the corner. I slapped and missed. Then I turned, and... killed! He ended up quitting out due to the low ping. He had 200 ping and I had 119. 20-30 is a good range.

I don't think I'm the sharpest knife in the drawer and this will be my only shutout. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: