ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

how do i paste cheats into my emulator cheats section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: how do i paste cheats into my emulator cheats section Reply with quote Back to top

there was a different topic that i made where Cactus said that i could paste cheats onto my emulator. i just need a walkthrough on how to do it cuz im still learning how to do these kind of things. i want to play all the new GE multi's but i hate entering the long codes manually. can someone please help me? thanks.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

umm... ok.
open the emulator.
open the cheat code section for the game in question...
enter a new code.

when entering the code part, just copy and paste the numerical part in instead of typing it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To select a code to copy, you need to highlight it. When your cursor is either at the beginning or end of a code, click and hold the left button on your mouse. With it held in, move the cursor so that the entire code (minus the descriptive header) is highlighted. Once it is, let go of the left button. Now, you can copy it one of two different ways. The first is to right-click the selected code and choose "Copy" from the window. The other way to do it, is to hold the "Control" (ctrl) button on your keyboard, then press "C" afterward. To paste it, there are two different methods. The first is to right-click in the typing field where you want to place the code, then choose "Paste" from the window. The other was is to left-click inside of the typing field, then hold "Control" (ctrl) on your keyboard, and press "V" afterward. You can select multiple codes at once, as many as is included in a single section. Copy and Paste them into your cheat list in your emulator. Make sure to remove any extra spaces that may appear after each line of code, as they may not allow the new cheat entry to go through.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you're using PJ64, you also have to uncheck the "hide advanced settings" box or it won't let you add or edit cheats (Options Menu ---> Settings----> Options tab )

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys i figured it out! that'll sure save me time entering codes! Again Thanks!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought the pj64 codes was rather non user friendly. A maze to navigate...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's odd how many people I've heard say that about PJ64, when I find v1.6 to be extremely easy to use. Once you know how to use it, it's rather simple. I can't remember if it was 1964 or Nemu64, but one of those two was a headache for me. That's where the rest of you will laugh and tell me how much of a snap it is. Guess that's what makes us all different.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Same for me - I find PJ64 to be about as easy as it gets for code entry - and when I tried testing my control map on 1964 it gave me nothing but problems trying to get the codes properly entered.

Needless to say I removed 1964 from my computer and will leave any testing needed on that emulator to GE Master Smile

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, man. Now I have to figure out how to play it online.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will say this, the 1964 cheat entry lets you enter blanks, text, whatever and it will just compile the codes. That means, I can take code descriptors and whatever else and just copy, paste it, and it will be added. That's the beauty for me. Time is a biggie for me! hehe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: