ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Aztec is coming next (NOW FINISHED)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can add a ladder effect, but not the actual image of a ladder. Well, you could, but it would need to be a ROM hack. If you were to replicate the ladder within that room, then position it against another wall, adjusting for height, it's absolutely possible. However, it's not likely on console. Atleast for now.

I had forgotten about that unfortunate problem with the ladder system. Rare did manage to iron out most of those issues in Perfect Dark, which was quite nice.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

The Extremist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
You can add a ladder effect, but not the actual image of a ladder. Well, you could, but it would need to be a ROM hack. If you were to replicate the ladder within that room, then position it against another wall, adjusting for height, it's absolutely possible. However, it's not likely on console. Atleast for now.

Well, I guess the only option would be to make the whole wall climbable.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zoink sent me some codes. I settled on just that - making the whole wall climbable and jump-off-able (jumpoffable - is that a word? )

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is "jumpoffable" a word? I suppose it is now. Razz
Well, I don't know nearly as much as Zoinkity does about the clipping files, but I did mess around with it a bit. I was able to get the player to drop off of the highest platform down onto the roof of the exhaust bay. Also, from the exhaust bay to the ground level. There were some minor issues with moving through walls at times, however. Still, it was pretty neat, as well as slightly full-filling.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

The Extremist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if it's possible to fix the ladder teleporting problem?

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

damn very good idea...would the exhast bay be able to opened/closed?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty people - I've been quietly working on finishing this up, and pending testing it on the console, its finished. So far my best work to date (at least in my own opinion).

And special thanks to Subdrag for the coordinate grabbing program (that thing saved me a TON of time) and to Zoinkity for the clipping codes which make the bay wall scalable.

Here's screenshots...the code will be posted following console testing.

I did close off completely the big ladder, the final screenshot was taken from standing up there but in the game you won't be able to get up there (for several reasons - mainly the "ladder climbing" glitch, but also for framerates)

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That looks awesome, very nice work. I cant wait to try it out.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:
That is an interesting issue that I never noticed before - when a player is climbing the really tall ladder in the Aztec, to the other player, it appears as though the player climbing stays in one place til he reaches the top or bottm then suddenly teleports to that spot. The character never disappears, but does suddenly teleport.

Does it in facility multi. Watch someone come out of the vents.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Players are always "forced to ground". It's an annoying glitch, and not one easily remedied. It's on the list of stuff to fix.

Too bad too. The temple clipping hacks were really cool, if you didn't mind getting killed mindlessly as you "fall".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: