ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Pressing More than 4 keys in keyboard at once

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Pressing More than 4 keys in keyboard at once Reply with quote Back to top

I need to know how to make my keyboard available for pressing more than 4 keys at once, because if so, 3 player on PD can be available.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a hardware problem, and varies between PCs. The problem is either down to your keyboard, or your motherboard's keyboard input chip, but either way, it's not too likely that you'll be able to get many more keys to respond at once, no matter what hardware you change. Many PCs only recognise three keys at once, and some only two.

The best thing you can do is post in a hardware forum, and ask there for help, there may be some form of work-around, even if it involves a custom circuit. I wouldn't be too hopeful, though.

Come to think of it, a USB keyboard might help. Then again, it might not - I'm only speculating. But the keyboard limitation does come from a time long before USB, so a USB keyboard might help. Again, trying asking on a hardware forum, or ask in a shop if you can test a USB keyboard to see if it does what you want.

Best of luck (oh, and have a great New Year Very Happy )

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The alternative solution would be to use other input devices, such as joysticks, in concert with a keyboard.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to be harder than I thought. Have a great New Year to you too.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah you should buy some controllers for your PC. I have one for when I play fighting games on kaillera.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: