ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Making Goldeneye Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Making Goldeneye Maps Reply with quote Back to top

I have been trying to create an accurate scale map of the Runway in Goldeneye, but I dont want to attempt a scale sketch of it, so I tried using the Moonjump code and Max Visibility to see if I could simply take a screenshot of the entire layout. Then I could fool with coordinates to grid the picture. However, even with Moonjump and Max Visibility, Goldeneye restricts the view, as seen by this screenshot:

Taking multiple screens and piecing them together risks messing up the scale of the picture. I dont believe its an emulator issue, as I tried another video plugin and wireframe mode (wireframe mode basically shows everything thats loaded, you can see through walls half the time) and it does the same thing. Does anyone know a gameshark code that could force Goldeneye to show everything? Maybe something that could trick Goldeneye into loading every room at once? (although it might be very slow, it'd be useful for this)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it has to do with the draw distance. When you first setup these views, there are parameters for min frustrum and max frustrum. I don't know if anyone's found it, and it could have to do with visibility as well (not sure what that code for max visibility actually does).

What are you trying to make with these gridded pictures? Coordinates aren't so so useful because you still need to find room pointers/P_____ values.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Making a coordinate map can still be useful even without room pointer/plink values because you can look at any preset and find its general location without having to modify your start point, start up the emualtor, etc. Im basically trying to do a better more accurate way of mapping out presets. Plus, an accurate scale picture could also be mapped with those rooms too, although abit harder, making a really easy reference.

I had a couple different codes on at once trying to see if one of them fixed the problem. The "Max Visibility" code just screws up all the guards as far as I can tell-8002C90C FFFF. I was using the Moon Jump code and a "See Full Levels" code that disables all fog so you can see:
80044E110001
80044E910001
80044EC90001
80044F4900FF
800450F100FF
800451A90001
800452E10001
800453D10001
8004545100FF
8002325500FF
8002325900FF
8002328100FF
8002328500FF
800214CF0018

Min Frustrum and Max Frustrum? That sounds like it could be it. The word "Frustrum" is not mentioned in the GSCentral archives though, nor is "draw distance", Im not sure that anyone has ever made a code for it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How big would you like the final image to me, and it's just going to be a top view? I can probably get you some kind of imperfect external from a 3d model viewer picture for Runway at least if it would be useful.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a top view encompassing the entire level, from the tank area to the end of the Runway, as long as its to Scale and recognizable would be perfect for making a coordinate map.

You can view the entire level in a model viewer?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I edited it a bit in photoshop to make it look nicer. I think this should do you well Smile

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats perfect, thanks. Ill try to coordinate grid it after I get back from dreaded school. Why do the holidays have to end? lol

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious - what are you ultimately planning on doing with this map? A mission or a multiplayer map possibly?

If you run into any framerate issues let me know - the mountains at the south side of the runway can be killed as well as some of the stuff on top of the high roof.

I'm actually thinking of some time making a multiplayer map out of the north half of this area - minus the south half of the long runway to the south. Original doors plus some other objects would all easily be do-able within the confines of 251 gameshark codes.

And speaking of maps - I'm currently working on mapping out my library mission map perfectly to scale - this can be done free-hand because the entire level has "visible" floor tiles - I'm using MSPaint, each tile being drawn by a 10x10 square.

This is still a work in progress being far from finished but here is where I'm at with it - the point of this is so I can label all my presets because right now I'm at the point in my mission where I can't simply remember what presets are assigned to what objects.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice map you have there. Maps are always useful for, well, mapmaking. But I had this idea for a coordinate map so I can track down all the unused presets easily. There are tons of un-used presets in Runway, and I really dont want to re-do the spawn point and launch the emulator every time I want to know the general area of an unused preset.

Making a map is just a side project, Im trying to put a lot of beta aspects back into GE, working my way through the stages, Im on Runway now. Id like to stick to un-used presets for any "beta" additions, so thats why Im trying to find the locations of them.

Also, with abit more work, all of the rooms could be distinguished and you could create new presets without even using an emulator, although that might be kind of pointless - unless it was included mostly as a reference for rooms you dont normally have access to (behind the fence for example).

Update: Been trying to get this to work, but I have been running into alot of problems, it just doesnt seem to line up right every time I double-check it. I checked to make sure the coordinate orientation is lined up with the runway. I tried calculating how much coordinate worth there is per pixel, and it seems to increase as it goes right (or up, I flipped the orientation). Its hard to tell, but I dont think the image is to scale, I think its tilted.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the model viewer may show some slight warping, I don't know if I can get it any better.

Is this any better? Probably same. Maybe some image program can stretch it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: