ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Ouromovs car moves!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Ouromovs car moves! Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, this is so cool. I was messing around with streets, and found that there was an un-used action block that makes a car move (brrm brrm). It had a sort of If statement for if the player moves within the area of its preset, it moves. Turns out Ouromovs car is supposed to be placed at 010A, assign it to the action block and the thing will work its way pretty far until it crashes into a wall. That may be to the size being too small (im messing with this right now) or the fact that Streets was probrobly changed alot since it was removed. Ill post a modified setup once I fix the size (its a toy car), lol.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting, I never noticed that. Sounds really cool. I tried recreating the ouromov car movement, and it looked like they were either missing path presets on the route, or I didn't place enough points.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like the cars size is supposed to be around 250, but I dont know what exactly its supoosed to be. (Anybody know?) The action block for it follows the only path (00) for streets. At 250, I got the car to go around two corners, and almost the third, once. I dont know, I cant get it to happen again. Really Strange, maybe the Goldeneye developers had the same problems with it. With the exeption of that one time, it seems to crash pretty violently into the same wall every time. If I can map out the path presets, maybe I can re-build a beta streets, since all it is is parts put together.

Update: I mapped out the path presets, it kinda looks like the whole Ouromovs car thing was short-lived in the beta version. The presets only go to almost the third corner (as far as I saw it go the one time). They likely had too many problems around the bridge portion, it keeps going into the wall on me there, instead of going towards the next preset at the corner. Likely possible to add more presets and fix it though.

Here is a modified setup file getting rid of all guards and most objects (although more guards still spawn) and puts in Ouromovs car. Bonds start postition is put abit down the road, just move to the car and it will start moving. It should move to at least the bridge before crashing. I have the size set to 260.

http://kcghost.googlepages.com/UsetuppeteZ.bin

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had tried assigning the jeep next to the gas pumps to that Action Block once, but it crashed rather quickly into a wall. Sub and I have both messed around with making a new path for the car to follow, but have had trouble keeping it on the road. I think we both gave up on it and went onto other projects. If you can get this rolling along nicely, we'd love to check it out. It'd be sweet to chase Ourumov around the city streets in a tank.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh...
None of you realized this was already used as an example in the help file?

Well, it does need a new path. The car's a bit sloppy though, and really you won't get too far unless it has *no collisions whatsoever*. Disable them and just 2-3 presets at each corner to get it to navigate them well.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, somehow missed that one. Which page is it on?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Either the car-movey-action type, speed-setting type, or the react-at-distance type. Can't remember. (It's been a while)

Mentioned it in one of those abysmally-long emails though. So, in other words, it would be *much* faster just guessing ;*)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: