ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Visibility, distance, Surface i, cabins, portals, etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a slightly different screen aspect used in multiplayer to account for the reduced screen size. This is itemized in the 21990 index with all the rest of them. Hoewever, emulators dont' handle this graciously - or in fact skies in general for virtually any game (literally skipping the commands in most instances) - so you can see and fire through some walls. Complain to the graphics plugin developers.

Most multiplayers use the default multiplayer sky for the given number of players, used when an appropriate sky for the selected level and number of players is not found. These values affect most of the current mutliplayers, including archives, facility, and library.

Visibility is an aspect of the sky modifiers. There are three values worth looking at, indexed on the list of sky modifiers that has been around long enough not to have to cite it properly. The first is the minimum fog element, setting the distance from veiwport where "fog" rendering starts. The maximum fog element sets the distance at which the fog becomes completely opaque, so the player can not see beyond this point away. The last is the maximum render distance for objects that will not render objects outside of the given distance.

The default values don't apply any fog at all, so you'll want to fix that - or if they do it's at the stage's extremes, well beyond player sight.

You'll notice that Jungle, when using the default values, will not render the weapons/ammo boxes unless you are rather close to them. Load it up multiplayer some time to see what I mean.

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: