ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

next hacking project: Citadel solo mission!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: next hacking project: Citadel solo mission!! Reply with quote Back to top

all i need is codes to replace any chosen level in the solo menu with citadel, plus i need to learn to replace the ROM manually. can someone give me a walkthrough on how to do this? subdrag says it's required to manually replace the ROM for this because the setup editor doesn't support the citadel setup. once i have all this stuff taken care of, i will make my level and post it for everyone to enjoy!! however i may need a few suggestions on what to put into the level, what the modified briefing text should say, etc.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could use the GoldenEye Setup Editor, so long as you save your setup file under another stage name. By making Citadel replace the largest setup in the game (UsetupjunZ.bin), then activate a few GameShark codes to switch data around, it'd perform correctly. Using the Citadel patched ROM, the GoldenEditor should be able to grab presets from within the map. That way, you can build your mission setup from scratch. Of course, this is all theory. I'd need to test it out to be sure.

After playing around with it awhile, I detailed the information regarding the Citadel in the patched ROM. Library and Citadel have had their stage ID numbers switched around. The Library (or Citadel, in this case) is reading its setup file from a different location in the ROM. The new position is: 00845C9C. Considering that the data is for a small multiplayer map, you'd need to replace a larger mission setup with your Citadel. Besides, the GoldenEditor doesn't know that a Citadel setup exists. Simply save your setup as "UsetupjunZ.bin", if it's quite big, and change the address pointer for stage ID 0030's setup filename. I know that sounds complicated, but we'll be able to walk you through it when you get there.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well the truth is i don't even know how to hack (unless you count using the setup editor which is very simple for noobs like me) so i really need to free up some time and actually try to learn. i really want to hack goldeneye because, like you, i love that game. i'll definately try to start hacking the hard way without any setup editor cuz if i can't do that than i've got no chance at making my own citadel mission or regular gameshark codes for that matter. plus i'll learn alot more.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first thing I would recommend doing is reading through some of the older threads in this forum - they're full of useful information for a beginner.

My first step to learning how to hack (which wasn't all that long ago - middle of last year) goldeneye was modification of object placements in the facility.

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The GoldenEye Setup Editor was designed so that people wouldn't have to do it the hard way anymore. Believe me, if this thing would've been available back when I first started, I'd have jumped on it so fast it'd make the Defense Minister's head spin! Razz

Use the GoldenEditor. It's the absolute easiest way to create a setup file. I was working on the Caves by hand, which would explain my slow progress rate and eventual hault of the project. Making a setup manually is a pain in the arse. The Editor does most of the work for you. Making presets and plopping in objects is a sinch. You just need to familiarze yourself with things. Read over the entire Help file that is included on the Rare Witch Project site, as well as various threads on this message board discussing hacking. It isn't an easy thing to jump into, but atleast the GoldenEye Setup Editor eases the pain.

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i've got a beta version of my mission that i would atleast like to be tested. (i say beta because it's most likely crappy because i spent like 30 minutes on it)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you using Zoinkity's level scale or the real level scale? When you're making the level you need to be careful to use the right one, or every preset you made will need to be converted.

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i think i'm using zoinkity's scale because i didn't even grab any presets. instead i just made my characters, attached their weapons, deleted the ammo box group, left the body armour how it was, and deleted the unused presets. i basiccally just edited the original setup and put my characters in the presets that were already there, then i deleted the unused presets cuz i had like 8 characters for the mission. so ya, i think i'm using zoinkity's original scale for the setup cuz i just edited it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh ok, because he uses a different scale than the one in the editor. So when you go to add real presets, you'll need to use the right scale.

So what's your problem right now with testing?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure that the GoldenEye Setup Editor has the Citadel stage scale? I didn't think it did. Maybe a newer release included it. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to put in both the original and modified scales. That way, you wouldn't have to copy and paste it in manually.

Maybe he's unsure of how to take the compressed file and insert it into the ROM using Hex Edit. It can be a little painstaking, if you're just getting into it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The newest one does.
Zoinkity's scale is:

I'll be in the chat room until about 5 today, and then probably most of the next two weeks if anyone needs any help.

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

actually i am using hex edit and when i copy the citadel bin., well, i want to paste it in from the 845C9C address to the end address so that the space i delete will match the space of the bin. file that i paste in. however the citadel bin is big so i have to count the number of lines to copy and then count the number of lines to delete and then paste in that space. i haven't even done it yet probably because i'm too lazy to just count like 1000 lines just by looking at the computer screen. is there an easier way to do this? oh, and i also was wondering if i could get the citadel permanently on on my GE cartridge by permantly editing the programming and pasting the bin file. into the RAM. that way i wont have to reupload every single time i turn off the console. that is EXTREMELY annoying.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So long as you don't use "expanded" preset format the scale is completely out of the question.

Sorry, cartridges are a 1-time write. You'd need to build an eeprom cartridge to patch to. It isn't *too* difficult, but you'll also need to hack the gs utilities to upload. That again isn't *too* difficult. Writing your own though... We just don't know the upload format.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: