ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Zelda Beta Quest Code for Master Quest ROM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Zelda Beta Quest Code for Master Quest ROM Reply with quote Back to top

For a quick explanation, Zelda: Ocarina of Time has three versions, but all had different codes for access to the "Beta Quest". It is simply a testing map which has exits to either other beta maps or to partial graphics rooms or even the actual levels (probrobly for either testing or caused by renames in the map files later in development)

Here are the codes:
Version 1.2(Later Grey):8011C093 00??
Version 1.1(Grey):8011BBA3 00??
Version 1.0(Gold):8011B9E3 00??

The ?? can be replaced by pretty much any number, common ones 0-99. They are different from each other, but not by much. 01 or 20 is the standard, for a couple of reasons other sites get into abit more.

Its an awesome code. Anyway, on to my curiosity. I have come across a N64 Master Quest ROM off EmuParadise.org. (Master Quest is an alternate dungeon game, same story and setup, jsut different dungeons) It was hacked off the Gamecube Extra disc that came with Wind Waker (It was never released on cartridge, big story behind this that im too lazy to type up). Anyway, I was curious to see if Nintendo had cleaned up the game before releasing it. Im wondering if the Beta Quest is still in that code, and if it is, has it changed since dungeons and maybe some hidden code was transferred from their older project (has to do with story I mentioned earlier). I tried to get in contact with the original creator of the code, he actually has an account at RareWitch, but he hasnt used it since 2003 and his email isnt publcized there, on his site, nor on GSCentral cache. Sooo, Is it possible to find the offset here? Is it relatively easy to create a beta quest code for this "new version"?

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, nevermind. I found the offset and calcualted the code. I ahve no idea how it was originally found, but i found out 1964 has Master Quest ROM codes already in its mini-database cheat file. What I was ignorant to realize was thta these codes both worked fine and were different from the 1.0 codes. I took out the hex editor, and found the difference was FFFFFFFFFFFFE368. Add that to any version 1.0 code and you get the one for the ROM. The calculated Beta Quest code for the Master Quest ROM, Ill call it version 1.3, is: 80119D4B 00??

It works fine, I havent played it too much yet, but seems to have no differences so far Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .

Kcghost Out. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: