ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 106, 107, 108  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The grid in the animation editor's preview window is now broken, lines do not show up like it used to.

If you set the model view resolution in preferences to 384x232 it will be pixel accurate in the windows (but exports will be small)

As for 20fps that might be because AA is now enabled

Trev

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated beta. Fixed the replace texture dialog - it was off by one for some reason (don't think related to UI upgrade). The Looping groupbox in sound was mislabeled - it should've been labeled Sample. The Instrument has pan/volume/priority, and then the sound itself also has volume/pan. I assume each game does it a little differently, but the volume of overall instrument probably multiplexes the sound volume or something, or it can? Not really sure but that is correct for the format. I made the default model resolution 320 x 240 and set aliasing as a preference, default false. Before it was AA yes, 1920 x 1080, for exports, but that is likely a performance issue.
Hopefully that helps with fps performance issues but allows those to turn it on for capturing. I raised the dialog a bit to get a larger tree view. It still won't capture all the guard's hierarchy, but it's at least bigger than it was.

Didn't get to Wreck's changes yet, or adjusting the Gun text spot, looking at it soon - it actually was identical to old version, just visually the text needs to be closer for that one.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Added Wreck's gun changes, and added Sunglasses toggle for animation editors (PD/GE). Also moved over the text identifier in object editor so it looks more natural for 08 weapons etc

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Regrab if did before this post, accidentally had a debug line in that could cause a crash.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
As for 20fps that might be because AA is now enabled

AA is disabled within preferences, I have a 1080ti - it isn't the cause of the lag. CPU profiling load is the same as before UI update so something within the message pump is breaking the update rate. Even if I set the resolution to 32x24 it still updates at 20fps. Only seems to happen with the model editor dialogs - animation editor is fine.

Trevor wrote:
If you set the model view resolution in preferences to 384x232 it will be pixel accurate in the windows (but exports will be small)

I'm confused about this feature - all the dialogs have different preview window sizes, so the global preview resolution will always use low quality nearest neighbor resizing regardless of resolution (see here - 240p vs 1080p vs 1080pAA). Unless there is a way to use something other than nearest neighbor, I'd rather all dialogs use the native resolution for the preview window like originally.

Also parse GE midi to text is broken, IIRC there is an unneeded delete [] inputMID; line that causes the crash within CMidiParse::GEMidiToDebugTextFile().

Edit - After using the action editor I noticed the code dialog is now smaller, please extend the height so it can fit at least another line, thank you.

Last edited by Carnivorous on Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the word "Objects Shoot Through" is missing for the weapons stats. But we might be able to come up with a better term for it, as under that impression, a setting of 01 sounds like it'll pass through one thing, when it actually would stop after the first target struck. Maybe "Penetrates Target Count" might be a bit more fitting?

By the way, under Model Details, where there is Bond Gunbarrel Intro, could the gun sound be added? It is located @ 3CB82 in ROM. I've modified it manually a few times for challenge mods, and I figured it would be good to let people do it in the Editor for any project they have that might not want to use the Magnum sound slot by default.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see what's wrong on render loop - got a window text in the main loop...I think. I'll have a fix once I've sorted the couple things posted here (~hour?)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Should be fixed now, sorry about that. I was calling GetWindowText too much.

Fixed that bug on midi to debug text. Set native resolution (in preferences now), by default on edit model. Higher res though are recommended for capturing render to movie, then can swap it back.

Add gun barrel sound to game font dialog.

Enlarge actions a little (if it's still too small, let me know how many px you think bigger helps).

Restore missing label on Weapons page on Object Penetration Count

Add Flyout for Tree to new Window for larger sizes (saves the size on close/reopen) in Edit Model. Hopefully this helps with gigantic trees such as guards, to open it in pop-up dialog.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those were my biggest issues, thank you for the quick response.

One thing I've noticed over the many years was the preview windows/UV editor not detecting when the mouse was unclicked while off the dialog. See these steps to recreate the issue.

Edit - GE's action editor 00 command shortcut is broken, always uses command 01 instead

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't have enough time to look at uv but that is now correct Action beta.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, IIRC I had fixed it so it wouldn't happen when releasing click while on the same dialog - couldn't figure out a way to detect it when it happens outside the dialog.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added SetCapture/ReleaseCapture calls to l/r mouse down/up events. Seems to force trigger the up as soon as leave the dialog or go over another control.

Maybe that's better?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tested with model/animation/UV preview windows, appears to be fixed - thanks! 👏

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's really a bit odd having the gunfire sound effect under the Fonts/Screens menu. Could it not go directly beneath Weapon in the Bond Gunbarrel Intro list on Model Details? That'd make the most sense for it, as it is related directly to those things. It took me a good while to find where it was, and would be easily overlooked by users where it is now.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
It's really a bit odd having the gunfire sound effect under the Fonts/Screens menu. Could it not go directly beneath Weapon in the Bond Gunbarrel Intro list on Model Details? That'd make the most sense for it, as it is related directly to those things. It took me a good while to find where it was, and would be easily overlooked by users where it is now.

Ah yeah, I forgot was there too. I moved it there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 73 of 108

Jump to: