ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Sogun's Workshop Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
GOLDENEYE - Demo - Jungle (May 2th, 2012)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?9s86zy5ajmx355a
Videos: 1

I love your Jungle hack!!! It looks fantastic SO! Cool Any way I could persuade you to make a multiplayer version for PJ64? Wink The texture alterations look amazing. NICELY DONE!!! Wink

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
This is a silly patch that I made because some youtuber called ElRinconDelWilder asked me. It's a Chroma level for Goldeneye which I hope it can be used for new fan videos.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kfutqalzklon3gl

I only spend a few hours doing it but I found some unexpected issues Laughing that Subdrag kindly helped me with.

Amazing.. the Croma multi level it's fantastico !! It should be official

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, consider the Chroma map a tool for fan videos and not a multiplayer level per se.

About the Jungle map. I tried to make it multiplayer but didn't succeed back then. It was my fault since I was replacing the wrong setup.
Today I was able to make it playable for 2 and 3 players. I'm planning to make it 4P playable too, and improve the visuals a bit, so that's going to take some time.
I don't know, perhaps during the next 10 days I'll be releasing a patch. Wink

Right now the level is working at 15-10 fps for 2P, and I can't make it better without removing some trees (and I don't want too). 3P is around 9 fps and I'll need to remove some trees to make it better. And 4P will have even less trees.
Also, I only used 2 textures in that map (one for the grass and the other for the rocks) that are actually from Ocarina of Time, hehe. I don't know if I'll replace them.

Stay tunned!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well it looks awesome in goldeneye like a desert style jungle in africa etc really cool colors Cool

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got the map loading for 4P (allocations were very high) and even removing palms didn't improve it very much. But I think it's playable.
I'm releasing a beta so you guys can give me some feedback.
There are three version of the map:
-Temple: with very poor drawing distance, but better fps.
-Complex: with my ideal drawing distance but poor fps
-Caverns: I was trying to get the best of both here but failed, hehe.

Performance is very low no matter what level you try, but I need to know if you are ok with that or if you want me to improve it losing palms in the process.
I think I'll need to remove half the palms to get good fps and the Caverns level was trying to simulate how would that look, although I'm sure it won't look that bad.

Here's a preview of the level because it's very easy to get lost there, and also to show you how it was done. Ingame is 3 times smaller than this, so things are more crowded.

And the patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v3a9s3g3n63p2rd

I really need your feedback on this. Wink

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I played this level in single player mode. I really like this level. about the slowdown or speed, I think it's because the palm trees can be destroyed as a barrel or a box in GE. not if you have testing before putting in the palm level equal to the Jungle level. of course you can pick up a weapon named "New Gun", and it seems that you can not take this new gun and when I hit the break to see the new gun lock the emulator. I agree also with some palm trees or trees removed, instead I would put shrubs that can serve as camouflage, and also it would help to not have something vacuum level after removal of trees.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wrote this yesterday when you asked if you wanted feedback...

Code:
Level notes:
The grass textures are very stretched it seems, perhaps they can be adjusted using a UV editor

Without proper plugin, the sky renders black and it makes the level looks poorly drawn, but this is not an issue for everyone.

A nice open sprawl, though. Would make a cool jungle solo player level, especially if there were things like wooden cabins in it etc.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@SATURN_81
The map replacing the Dam mission is the same I showed a long time ago. Seems that I broke it somehow, but that's not important since my biggest concern is about the multiplayer maps. The breakable palms have been fixed for multi.
Replacing some of the palms with shrubs might help with performance. I need to check how many tris each model has.

@Acceptable67
Texture UVs can be fixed easily in modeler.
The sky is something I don't know how to fix. Disabling clouds makes the sky look black instead of fog color for multi, so I had to enable clouds and use similar colors. That's why playing on emu with another plugin than Glide64 makes it look that way.
The level for single player actually performs way better than multi (like 25 fps average with double drawing distance); so a solo mission with this theme will work.
But I'm more concerned about how this will work as a multiplayer map. FPS are poor but playable, and I want to know if you are ok with this performance or not, specially for online plays since lag makes it even worse.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

not know if this will compromise your goal on the speed to play the map in Multiplayer. I quite like the map but if you want to just look at the trees, palms and grass only, maybe you can consider putting in certain areas a fence or fence as exist in Dam or Statue. above the fog not to tell you, which incidentally is quite good and is catchy with level. fog can even try white or orange color.
indeed in some post I do not remember which, you said something about your ideas for new levels, levels refererias think N64 games, if you can say a list of the games you have, I have found some games like Castlevania64 and "Nightmare Creatures64" some levels and textures that would be worthy of being ported, and "40Winks" is a game with some textures of wood, stone, earth, trees and bushes pretty.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's been three weeks or so since I started worked on this and it's almost finished. I'm packing it with Kakariko with fixed clipping and some other minor changes too. This new map features some of the last editor improvements, so might see things you thought weren't possible Wink

Coming soon!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
It's been three weeks or so since I started worked on this and it's almost finished. I'm packing it with Kakariko with fixed clipping and some other minor changes too. This new map features some of the last editor improvements, so might see things you thought weren't possible Wink

Coming soon!

Okay now THIS is VERY cool. Wink Love the imagination SO. This is intriguing. Hey you know what Sogun? I had this idea so tell me what you think....

Do you think it would be amazing to port over a few SOLO levels from Jet Force Gemini into GE? Just think....Those LUSH backgrounds and rivers and waterfalls. All the places you could hide and snipe people. OR port it into Perfect Dark!! What do you think? Wink

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The map still has issues on console so until those are fixed I won't release the patch. Subdrag is helping me with that.

Multiplayer X, I have two JFG levels in my mind to do for GE/PD. The only thing is that I don't know if all the parts of the levels will fit as one.
Those levels are:
-Full Sekhmet. It's my favourite level of the game, with the secondary routes and the secrets.
-The fortress in Tawfret where you fight the boss.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

looks really amazing and I want to play. the mirror room this time reflects what happens as M64 ally? the mirror can shatter like a glass?. outside the castle you can climb to the roof somehow? maybe you can play a little hill right next to the wall over the roof to climb on the roof, remember that outside the castle is for many the quintessential icon for many fans, nothing more I say this idea you say that you still have some time to launch the patch.

I think you do a good bet by JFG. ever thought at the "Mizar's palace"?. this level textures I love, remind me of the Aztec level of GE. allowing for a discussion about your level Citadel for GEX, with an excellent job on your part Sogun, maybe you can consider the use of textures of "Mizar's Palace" in Citadel, but this is just an idea, but rather to this to everyone's taste.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That looks very beautiful Sogun.

Sorry to slightely stray off topic, but in NEMU or 1964 JFG's levels/geometry do not even load, the plugin is awful for graphics... So how can they be ported via VRML if it's not going to write anything to the file upon extraction?

Last edited by acceptable67 on Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ SATURN_81

-The mirrors room only "reflects" background and not players, that was a trick made in Mario64 and I don't think we can hack GE to do the same. The mirrors have a cool effect that isn't exactly like in Mario64, but still gives the impression it's actually a mirror. You can also shoot at it and your bullet will hit it like any other GE glass, but you won't be able to break it.

-The Castle grounds are available! But you'll have to think of it like the heliport in Bunker, since there's only one way to go there (the water level is like at start of the game). There are no spaw points or guns in there, so it's up to players to have duels in it. The trees are plane but I have rotated some of them so they don't look very bad (we can't do sprites in GE/PD).
The roof is unnaccesible as I was trying to not change much of the original background (the level is big enough for 4P), but I'll probably do a new version in the future: adding a second exit from the basement (I'll have to redo some part since they don't match), redo the tree-clock room to add normal size steps, and make the roof accesible. This will probably happen when I do the map for PD (I'll keep the old version too).

-The Citadel makeover will stay as it is now (except shadows fixed for console, Subdrag has been working on it and I'll have to do the final fix). The new background was made with Aztec textures in mind, so using new textures probably means redoing a lot of it. Also, since this is GE:X, we are only using material from GoldenEye and not other games. Some people has complained about the new look and how they liked the original better (they can extract the background from patch 4 and inject it in the last one) so more changes will carry more complains, hehe.

@ acceptable67
Thanks! I'm using a new editor tool in editor to do the shading, so it's going to be more realistic this time (I have to admit perhaps I went too far in some rooms). Since Mario64 shading changes depending of POV (normally plain shading) and GE doesn't have that kind of lighting engine it's the author's decision.

Wait, JFG can't be extracted with Nemu plugin? That totally ruins my plans! Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 14 of 26

Jump to: