ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - First Preview Patch Released! 03-27-10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:

Everything is clipped and saved. Just need to get the map retextured.

Any idea how? Image tools is one way I heard of....

*Cough cough*

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck already mentioned it, but open Depot in GE mode, open the image tools, filter to visual editor loaded, export the textures in raw format, then just import them over the corresponding textures in PD. If any are important textures (used by an existing stage port or whatever) there's a tool in the visual editor room positions mode to replace all of a texture with another. Just be careful not to make two textures that were unique originally use the same number, or you'll need to import the background again.

I fixed your quote, by the way. This forum software needs quotation marks around the name of the person being quoted for some reason.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, the menu system from goldeneye (negatives) would be pretty cool. I can imagin going into Goldeneye:X just like perfect dark but instead of the holo-arm, Jo (bond) bends down to view the "Book", oh, actualy "the table" and then the book etc.

If you want to you can like in PD explore MI6. (Yeah I know I said this before but now its happening(I hope) - yupee)

Trev

P.S. If the whole Book idea would be too much then the PC screen could be used.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I had the same thought. Have Bond start in an office with four dossiers on the table in front of him. The dossier in GE was even a prop you could place in missions, so we wouldn't even need to model it ourselves. Right now though, with the existing PD menu system, we'll probably just keep using a PC - GE boxy monitor, of course. That's still a way's off.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems I'm getting an error when I import the GE Depot binary file. Namehere.bin

Error is: Error reading file.

Edit: Do I need to make every texture a binary file? Or I may be pushing a wrong button.

I hit Import Ge Imgs to PD

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually not sure, I never noticed that button before, and it's only there in PD. I figured you'd select the texture and choose to import raw there. If there's a way to do them all at once though, that would definitely speed up the process. I'd wait and see if Sub has anything to say about how to use that button.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In image tools, it reads a binary file of a series of 16-bit texture #s. It's generated during export of bg file, in that folder called textures.bin or something. It imports GE versions into the same #'d spot.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: GE:X - First Preview Patch Released! 03-27-10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

***The Shield has been replaced by the full Body Armor, though it still acts as a shield.

Wreck , is there no way for fixing the lack of damages to the shield units
(now body armor) in the multiplayer mode?

I asked about it a while ago.
the shiled can be destroyed in single player mode and for extrange reason
it can not be destroyed in multiplayer.

if will be more like goldeneye if this is fixed.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to load it with the PD textures. It worked. A few portal errors, same with clipping (Only at train platform and train.)

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only way to make the shield destructible would be to have it as an actual shield object in each setup, rather than allowing it to be selectable along with the weapons and devices. Anything loaded into a weapon slot will not be able to be destroyed. Personally, I really prefer being able to swap its slot with a weapon than always having it available.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mmm..

so it seems the destructible shields is a thing that can't be fixed.

I can't remember how goldeneye handled the bulletproof bests,
if i remember right , the best where more part of the map no matter what the weapons of choice where.

does PD have 2 types of shield objects then?
if that is the case what happens if it is replaced with a game shark code?
will the multi player shield then behave like the single player shield?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I give up on the Complex level guy it just to hard lol but if you want to edit it go a head.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Extended CS Menu Arena List:
Yeah, Zoinkity did figure out a way to extend the list and allow more stages. However, he also had trouble with it. Any stage that is supposed to be unlocked somehow won't show. "Big known bug is that it fails to read unlocked stages on console." Not sure if this would only be an issue when playing with a backup device, but I'd rather not use it until he's found a way around this last piece of the puzzle.

Shield Damaging:
Dragonsbrethren covered this pretty well, but I might as well respond to it, also. The body armour in GoldenEye was an armour object in the multiplayer setup file. This meant that you could specifically set the strength of the shield, and also choose whether or not it could be destroyed. In PD, we decided to change the armour into a item that could be selected from the weapons menu. It reads the armour from the fifth slot and puts it into the level at the proper locations. Because of this, you have no control over it. It acts like any other weapon, which cannot be weakened, or destroyed. There's a drawback to it, but there's also the bonus that it can be taken out without needing any kind of codes. You can turn it into another item or weapon, as well, which is really nice.

Aries:
If it's being a bit too difficult for you, it's alright to move onto something else. You don't have to work on any of these maps, if you feel you cannot. They'll all be done at some point, so there's really no rush on them. Maybe you can give it another shot, when you want to try again. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What issue are you having? It's not that difficult, just a process of porting

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Extended CS Menu Arena List:

Shield Damaging:
Dragonsbrethren covered this pretty well, but I might as well respond to it, also. The body armour in GoldenEye was an armour object in the multiplayer setup file. This meant that you could specifically set the strength of the shield, and also choose whether or not it could be destroyed. In PD, we decided to change the armour into a item that could be selected from the weapons menu. It reads the armour from the fifth slot and puts it into the level at the proper locations. Because of this, you have no control over it. It acts like any other weapon, which cannot be weakened, or destroyed. There's a drawback to it, but there's also the bonus that it can be taken out without needing any kind of codes. You can turn it into another item or weapon, as well, which is really nice.

Smile

Sorry to have insisted, i sort of understood what dragon said but just said the other stuff in case it was a little bit of possibility.

Still, if this aspect of GE can't be duplicated.... Sad

but then how about this - what if you place -say a hoverbike in a multi level , and turn the hover bike in to a shield object using gameshark coding
(at least something like that would work in emulation)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: