ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

First Mission project - Library
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, that's true heh, you could just said time open to essentially never, speed = 0, accel = 0, great idea. And it won't give you the locked door thing. Shouldn't the door and object sizing be identical? Well, if you rotate the type 03 object?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, now I'm working on making my office rooms look like....well.....office rooms.

Granted, I don't exactly have a lot of "office" furniture to work with, so I made due with what I had.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the crummy amount of office items there may be, you've done a hell of a job using them. I like the filing cabinets a lot. Also was a neat idea using the mainframe terminal as a computer tower. Don't forget about the desk lamp, that's a good one. Maybe there are some other objects you can make use of. It's just a shame that GoldenEye only had monitors and not actual laptops or PC's.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Them filing cabinets were a royal pain - what I ultimately ended up doing was using only half of the object (they're actually 4-drawer cabinets) - the bottom half is protruding down through the floor - hopefully that doesn't cause an issue in the basement.

I have some other ideas for the room - a waste basket, a bookshelf, and who knows what else.

As for the desk lamps - I'll probably end up putting them on some of the desks in the main library room.

I can already tell that by the time I implement all my ideas (I'm still a LONG way from doing that, but making steady progress) this level will be barely recognizable as being the same as the multiplayer library.

This might also make for an interesting multiplayer map when its done.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right, I forgot about that.
Very creative of you. I'm sure it was a real pain in the arse to line them up properly. Have you gone down into the basement to see whether or not the cabinets are sticking out of the ceiling? I don't think they would be, considering that they are assigned to the room upstairs. You never know, though. Might want to give her a look, just to be sure. Could be some room connection tying them together.

Have you thought any further regarding the objectives?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't see anything in the basement, but its possible they're sticking down into an area which isn't walkable anyways. I won't know for sure until I get all my offices done, but so far no problems.

re: objectives - I've thought about them only very vaguely so far. One thing for sure is to minimize librarian casualties. Another thing for sure is that one or several objectives will involve either destroying things and/or planting things through the grates (from the upstairs down through the grates to objects which will be placed downstairs under the grates).

I also want to make use of the red book object - maybe have several red books scattered throughout the stage which need to be collected.

I'll have a lot better idea once I get this thing structurally completed and a general idea of the path which bond will be travelling through the level. Oh yeah, I do think I've figured out where my starting point will be. I'll eventually post a map with a rough path sketched on it.

Oh yeah, and one other thing I've discovered - something that may help framerates if it ever becomes an issue - several of the "artifical" walls I have placed into the level are placed right on top of room dividers and they do kill the visible connections between the 2 rooms which they separate (I noticed this when aligning one wall - with a small gap visible when the wall wasn't yet perfectly placed, the room behind it was black, just like the bad connection in the depot between the big garage and the inner room downstairs)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, this is looking really good. I might myself want to play around with your level, and make my own objectives once you're done. It's looking *that* good, like a real Rare level, or better really than many (not a huge fan of streets). That whole office setup, very cool.

Makes me want to make my own level of that caliber. Going to do it once I fix up the editor to where I want.

What levels are left from multi? Temple for multi levels, basement as well, though small. Caves/Library are here. Well, I might do the normal levels, we'll see.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The basement will be accessible in this level, but certain portions of it I will block off in various ways (so that the planting or shooting through the grating from upstairs is the ONLY way to accomplish the objectives related to basement objects)

Once I have completed the structure, I can send you a copy of the setup file and you can do whatever you want with it.

Oh, and don't forget about the Complex - that could make for an interesting mission.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only 'visual' problem that would occur when collecting books, is that there isn't an inventory image for them. You'd have to either leave it blank, or find something else to use. It's not a big deal, just something to note.

No storyline for the Library mission, yet?
It's funny, I usually think up the objectives first, then work on a layout. Are the librarians held hostage by terrorists? Will there be a boss character? Is it mainly navigating and collecting, or firefights as well?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still totally clueless as to a storyline (I suck at writing up stuff like that) but I have been working some on my map and the general path. A few more ideas too, I'll have some mainframes which need to be destroyed, some security cameras set up in the more advanced skill levels, and somewhere I want to implement a bookshelf as a secret passage (treat the bookshelf like an electronic sliding door which is computer-controlled), possibly at the back of the office you see at the top of the map to exit out of the level when you are all done with your objectives. S=start, F=Finish, the blue line is the general path I've come up with so far (still have to work out the details in the basement plus details as far as what I'm going to do with the individual office rooms, will probably have to collect various objects from the rooms, including maybe some keys to open other rooms)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The old hidden passage behind the bookcase trick. Classic! Very Happy
I'm sure you'll figure out your storyline as you keep plugging away at the layout. Sounds like you've already got some great concepts. It's always good to take a short break and come back to it. That helps to clear the mind and allow for more ideas to grow.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tell you what - the conversion of a bookcase to door was NOT an easy one to figure out - the sizing data for doors is far different from the sizing data of regular objects. So when I assigned the bookshelf to be a door type, the image was tiny and enlarging it wasn't easy to figure out. But I finally did get it to work, it will be a computer-controlled bookcase. I might have 2 of them in the level.

I've also been playing around with some security cameras.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So...inventive and clever. Way more than myself. That's such a cool idea, hidden bookcases! Also, I was thinking about adding the Library level, well a picture or comment to the main RWP page, as well as hopefully a video of Runway Takedown.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: re: library Reply with quote Back to top

As in, you want to post info about it on the main page prior to me completing it?

Thats fine, though there's no guarantee as to when it'll be finished. My guess is at least another month or longer - I've been trying to work on it for about a half hour to an hour about every other day, slowly plugging away at it.

Let me know if you want some screenshots to post.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, sure, I'm sure everyone here would enjoy some more as well Smile My favorite so far is the office.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: