ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

n64 Gameshark v3.3 doesn't start!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: n64 Gameshark v3.3 doesn't start! Reply with quote Back to top

My n64 Gameshark v3.3 doesn't start anymore!I put my gameshark into the n64.then when I turn it on,It doesn't start!Does anyone know what to do?

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Here! Reply with quote Back to top

here is the picture:

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It may not be starting up due to any of the following three reasons...

a) It needs to be cleaned.
b) It has been set to Keycode.
c) It's toast.

To clean it, all you need is a good Q-Tip. Rub the edge connector with a decent amount of force, moving it back and forth. It should get off a bunch of black crud, caused by dust and smoke. Keep this up until no more black comes off. Be sure to swipe any excess dust out from the inside. Simply knock it outward, so it falls out. Try starting the game again. I have to clean mine on a daily basis, because of how much dust my room has accumulated. It's such a dusty house. Confused

If you have other games, like Banjo-Kazooie or The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, try loading them up in the GameShark. I think the other one is Yoshi's Story, but I don't know how many people really own that one. Supposing the cleaning method didn't work, this may be your last chance.

But if the GameShark still won't start, than it is probably not going to work anymore. I have had many cheating devices just stop working over the years, so it's a possibility that yours may be retired indefinitely.

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My gameshark didn't start so last night, I cleaned my gameshark by rubbing my Q-tip WITH 91% isopropyl ALCOHOL!!!! Did it broke even more?

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt it. I had both of my GameSharks stop working at the same time. I finally gave up trying to clean it and fix it, and just bought a new one. You can get them for like $10 on Ebay new.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Many recommend using some sort of rubbing alcohol when cleaning your GameShark, but I've always just used a dry Q-Tip. I don't think it would hurt, unless you literally soaked the device in it. Sorry to say it, but it sounds to me like your Shark is no longer any good. Sad

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use Rubbing Alcohol all the time on my games, it doesn't hurt them. I haven't tried a dry q-tip though, I might give that a shot when this one stops working.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try if my gameshark works tomorow.

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Justin, if you have AIM or MSN, let me know and if no one is on here, I can probably help you if your having more problems.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try this process. Clean the tips. Doesnt't Work? Try Alcohal. Try sandpaper. Try ultimate cleaning. Rip the case apart, never use it again. Clean it more. Rip the LED off. Throw it against the wall. Dip the tips in Hydrolic acid. Eat it. Wait awhile. Crap it out. Use the starter for your car. Rip all major chips off, and solder them back on. Dip the entire thing in melted solder (better conduction). Throw it in magma.

Note, you should try again before going to the next step in the process. Smile

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why would I do that?

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats called the A.D.D. method, which at times works on other things (The throwing against a wall part).

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you know there is a song called A.D.D. ?

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm serious!There is a song called A.D.D.

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, My n64 gameshark is toast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: