ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

My Study of Sims.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: My Study of Sims..... Reply with quote Back to top

I studied Sims for a long time; I figure their patterns, moods, and battle styles.

This guide may help you learn a lot more about those Sims!
Full of Interesting Facts and Trivias. Some trivias I did not conclude because some of them are common sense. The bolded trivias you might find interesting.

MeatSim:
This is the Sim that is great for training of all player skill levels. Oh, of course people say it's useless and stupid. But I take it as very useful and a funny Sim if you ask me. MeatSims walk really slow. If you push on them they will have trouble aiming. Most people laugh when they see MeatSims. Still, I wouldn't recommend this Sim if you want a real challenge.

MeatSims maybe weak with nonexplosive weapons, but if they have explosive weapons, they are DANGEROUS, just like all the other sims if they grab a Rocket Launcher or some kind of Explosive weapon.

-Trivia: MeatSims are very likely to shoot their own partners if their partner gets in front.

EasySim:
Not much to say, they're just better at aiming, speed, and other things than MeatSims...That's all....

NormalSim:
Average player. Still, you might find this level to be ANNOYING. You might think, ha, it's just a NormalSim! I'll finish it off easily. But sometimes when they kill you, you get angry.

-Trivia: Can predict campers (So they will camp themselves too)
-Trivia: In rare cases, they command other Sims.

HardSim:
Plays better than NormalSims.

-Trivia: Has a high chance of commanding Sims in Capture Cases ect. battles.

PerfectSim:
PerfectSims are fast-reaction stimulants, plays better than HardSims.

Trivia: If it's your partner (And it seems it has all the weapon ammo and everything and no tasks just standing there...) and if you go near it, it will not follow you.
Trivia: Reloads faster.
Trivia: Kind of falls for the punching/disarming tricks though, but not in wide open spaces, more like small spaces and doors.
Trivia: Hardly any different from a DarkSim.

DarkSim:
DarkSims are just PerfectSims with higher speed and faster reloading. Nothing really different. Still Perfect and DarkSims are the hardest level of Sims.

Trivia: (This goes for PerfectSim too) Doesn't have PERFECT aim, actually I seen a couple of these guys having firefights with MeatSims and die against them. (Since they were NOT aiming at the MeatSims, rather missing every single shot, and while reloading a lucky MeatSim seem to blow the DarkSim's head off)
Trivia: Annoys you the most.

-------------
Special Sims:

PeaceSim:
A Special Sim that runs around...Collecting weapons and Disarming people. Kind of abysmal. The weapons respawn, so what's the point? Here's a use for them. You died. Then you respawn. Your partner PeaceSim collects all the goodies. Ask him nicely to Hold Command on a spot...And kill him! Get all the weapons! Kind of evil. But it's game, baby.

Trivia: You may think if you attack command them, they won't listen, but if you command them to attack anyways; They'll attack...Using Disarming (Wildly too)! Even the target doesn't have a weapon! Makes blurry vision. This is great for making the opponent defenseless while asking other Sims to finish the job.

Trivia: Once PeaceSim's inventory is full, and has nothing to do, they will just stay on a spot. And if you're an enemy of him and have no weapons, it will not pay attention to you unless you withdraw a weapon. Kill the PeaceSim with Punching command, and collect all the weapons!

Trivia: PeaceSims, in any level, will not face you unless you hold a weapon.

ShieldSim:
An ordinary sim that hogs the shield. Even respawns with a shield. Always goes for shield than any kind of weapon. Probably one of Rare's earliest SpecialSims because all it is...Is a NormalSim that hogs the shield! Pretty much it. Also no trivia. (Too lazy to study Sims that just use shields)

RocketSim:
It's a sim that loves rockets. Go figure. It also runs in explosions time to time (Runs into the explosions more than your average sims).

KazeSim:
A sim that will fight fierce. Blabla. Whatever.

Trivia: It likes to frantically shoot/punch.
Trivia: Thinks the order "Protect" means "Follow".

FistSim:
Sim that punches, on higher levels it dodges punches and hits from behind. I wish Rare makes this Sim crouch to dodge too. That would've been cool. Like some virtual martial art thingy. Blabla.

Trivia: Here's the weapons/function it uses.
*Punch/Disarm
*Pistol Whip
*Combat Knifes
*Reaper~Grinder
*Tranquilizer~Lethal Injection
*Laser-Short Stream (On Normal+ Levels it cheats by making the stream long-ranged)
*N-Bombs

Last edited by cactus on Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:17 am; edited 3 times in total

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is wicked! Thanks for posting that info.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure DarkSim respawn times are more or less 0. Essentially they respawn immediately on death. I also think they know where the next hill is...

PerfectSim
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,you guys ever have sims acting strange in solo levels made into multi levels?I've had them looking straight down in the pond punk in chicago like theres somebody down there.Hell ive been killed when no one else is in chicago just checking to see what the codes did.Probaly just a cause and effect from the codes.On some of the hacked levels they even fight better.Good sim study by the way!

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my OPINION:

You're using the wrong path maps for Sims. I made games before, and I know how Rare makes the game.

There's one path map that commands the Sim's Normal command to go where they have special reasons. Like getting ammo, or weapons, or chasing you. And stuffs.

There are others where you have to really follow a path, meaning they can crouch or climb and stuff. And the path map tells the Sims what to do when they are at the point.

I'll use a DarkSim for an example.

This also means, like in Facility, where a DarkSim finishes up his last ammo inventory. Then the path map tells him what to do. The DarkSim goes in a small room where ammo appears, and well, camp. Sometimes the DarkSim randomly goes on it's own. Like after a few minutes camping, it wants to explore. Well, that's the random or designated timer the path map tells him what to do. There was a variable set telling the timer for camping.

The Protect Command you sent, will make them walk on a designated path and to you. Sometimes they do not obey the path map because you are using a special command.

Also they will not obey the path map if they encounter an enemy. They will stop and create "objects" from their variable guns that will "harm" when collides the other Sims.

Sims are kind of AI themselves, but needs path maps to tell where they are going or stopping.

I will now put in my Special Simulant's Study in.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like you can put your mouth where your controller is easily. We're afraid now...

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING TO NOTICE IN SIMS:

Meat and EasySims CAN'T walk backwards OR strafe, thats why I hate them, they just can't move (even a little bit) like human.

EasySim has more "turning points" than MeatSim, meaning the EasySim can turn over/face another direction in corridor more places than MeatSim.

You all have to admit, that the NormalSim is the first that can be dangerous (without explosives), and is more accurate than human (especially shooting up/down).

AND REMEMBER that DarkSims ALWAYS stop to shoot, thats your chance Very Happy

dTerent
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice job.

Perfectsims seem to be actually superior to Darksims. I created a match with 8 simulants, four on each team with me on neither, and put a cloaking device in and infinite ammo.

So I stayed out of the way the whole time, and the Perfectsims actually won.

I usually play with Perfectsims however sometimes Hardsims and the occasional Darksim.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: