ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

a great new A51 level idea
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: a great new A51 level idea Reply with quote Back to top

sup guys. im new 2 this message board and i had a great idea for a created level. i was thinking maybe some pros such as wreck or someone cud create this level for me cuz i dont know how 2 hack (or im still learning). my idea is a mission in area 51 where u play as jonathan going undercover. its basically all 3 area 51 missions in jonathans perspective. i dont think it wud require that much modding;only the objectives,player character, players gun(dy-357 magnum), enemy locations, probably some objects, and maybe the starting point. in my opinion,a level like this should be pretty sweet. imagin playing as jonathan in a solo mission packing around a powerful dy-357 magnum. i just need someone 2 create this great level idea for me and everyone else. it wud be much appriciated and ill provide future suggestions about the creation of this level.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about some Goldeneye ideas? I do like that idea however.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

modify the rcp-90 into a golden rcp-90 that shoots regularly but sprays 1 hit kill shots. ive been wanting 2 do that for a long time. is it even possible with gun modding?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also like your concept for Area 51, but am not so sure about it being three missions. It's possible to narrow it down to two, if not one. The first would be getting into the base, collecting the hovercrate, then meeting up with Joanna. The second would be powering down the defenses that shot down the Maian spacecrafts, locating Joanna, blasting through the hangar wall, opening the hangar doors, then escaping on the hoverbike. Only thing about playing as Jonathan, is that he's in disguise. Nobody suspects him to be a threat, so no combat is necessary. It'd mainly be walking past enemies, trying to blend in. You could have a person notice that he's not a guard, then attempt to call for security. Jonathan would knock him unconscious. That same character could later wake up and inform the staff that he's an imposter. Atleast it'll mean firefights in the second mission. That's a handful of work, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

even if hes in disguise hell still have plenty of action escaping with joanna. he will also probably have some suspicios encounters that call for an intense fist/pistol whip war. and if joanna is ur escape ally insted of it being the other way around,then it would be a good idea 2 set her 2 darksim level or perfectsim level, that is, if its even possible 2 modify her difficulty since perfect dark difficulty only lets u modify enemy difficulties(or at least i think so). and i was thinking 2 maybe put the guard with the rocket launcher from the mine field in area 51 infiltration( who is normally dead) in the level so that he can blow u sky high if he catches u sneaking in 2 grab ur disguise.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think this would work. if it did it would probably take a lot of hacking. you can't make your own objectives.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure you can.
You just need to figure out the objective programming. There are probably a few basic things you could do, but the more complex stuff would be tied into Action Blocks. That's where things get a little trickier. Perhaps it'll be detailed one day, who knows. Just don't expect it to be a simple GameShark code that you can use on console. It'd be mainly for ROM patching purposes. Unless the uploading scheme can be figured out, of course. Perfect Dark does have some issues between the Expansion Pack and cheating devices, however.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is this going 2 be another really freakin long code like citadel?

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought you could only move objectives from one mission to another. well even if it is possible to make your own, I doubt it's easy.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: a great new A51 level idea Reply with quote Back to top

00dark wrote:
sup guys. im new 2 this message board and i had a great idea for a created level. i was thinking maybe some pros such as wreck or someone cud create this level for me cuz i dont know how 2 hack (or im still learning). my idea is a mission in area 51 where u play as jonathan going undercover. its basically all 3 area 51 missions in jonathans perspective. i dont think it wud require that much modding;only the objectives,player character, players gun(dy-357 magnum), enemy locations, probably some objects, and maybe the starting point. in my opinion,a level like this should be pretty sweet. imagin playing as jonathan in a solo mission packing around a powerful dy-357 magnum. i just need someone 2 create this great level idea for me and everyone else. it wud be much appriciated and ill provide future suggestions about the creation of this level.

WOW!Crying or Very sad That was my very first post that I had ever made on this damn website. I believe I posted that when I was like 13 or 12 maybe, but now I am 17 years old. Notice how I transitioned from typing improperly to typing correctly, with proper captilization, punctuation, and grammar usage and not abbreviating words like "two" with the number "2".

BTW, I will try something like this with the Perfect Dark Setup Editor and use Krijy's hacking FAQ to combine with *good enough* setups. Hell, I don't even know if this is possible yet. I think that in a couple years the PD Editor will be in full development and that this idea could be snagged.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: a great new A51 level idea Reply with quote Back to top

00Dark wrote:
00dark wrote:

WOW!Crying or Very sad That was my very first post that I had ever made on this damn website. I believe I posted that when I was like 13 or 12 maybe, but now I am 17 years old. Notice how I transitioned from typing improperly to typing correctly, with proper captilization, punctuation, and grammar usage and not abbreviating words like "two" with the number "2".

BTW, I will try something like this with the Perfect Dark Setup Editor and use Krijy's hacking FAQ to combine with *good enough* setups. Hell, I don't even know if this is possible yet. I think that in a couple years the PD Editor will be in full development and that this idea could be snagged.

BIG BUMP:

I clicked your profile and was curious and wanted to see what your first post was.. and I saw how all the grammar was messed up, and I took a double take at one of your more recent posts and thought to myself, "Wow, he's developed", and I scrolled down the page and viola, I find this response. Hehe. Crazy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe. This still is a good idea anyways.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Hehe. This still is a good idea anyways.

Yeah, I was thinking the same after re-reading the first post. I may be some what retired from the Goldeneye/PD Editor, but I think 'we' can whip up something similar.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This actually is a really good idea and I'm glad 00Dark had brought it up. I'm getting started on it but am already in a predicament: The Cuff's for the intro characters do not include Jonathan. Any loop holes?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, he does at least have a cuff. Although the editor might not list it, there's likely to be a way to override it (possibly via the multiplayer override or failing to include it, something like that).

The editor should be able to support everything else necessary now. Maybe an 'infiltrate and confirm Elvis is alive', 'send message to Carrington', then if you were to break things up start the next stage right after he meats up with Jo. It would be, at the least, very nice if you didn't have to restart 15min in when some idiot guard gets a cheap 1-hit kill in on you.

Since costume change is entirely possible, you can even have him change outfits once or twice, giving you a good excuse to knock a couple people out. Would be fun if there were several people all dressed alike but you had to knock out the person the same size as you for the outfit ;*) Otherwise, jacking guards for clearance passes and whatnot; alarms would be bad.

They never mentioned when Jonathan infiltrated, so you could even do a 1st stage crossover with the Elvis level. That would also allow a little more leeway if you want to go guns-blazing. They'd write off the guys you shot as collateral damage when the alien went on a rampage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: