ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

a great new A51 level idea
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
Well, he does at least have a cuff. Although the editor might not list it, there's likely to be a way to override it (possibly via the multiplayer override or failing to include it, something like that).

The editor should be able to support everything else necessary now. Maybe an 'infiltrate and confirm Elvis is alive', 'send message to Carrington', then if you were to break things up start the next stage right after he meats up with Jo. It would be, at the least, very nice if you didn't have to restart 15min in when some idiot guard gets a cheap 1-hit kill in on you.

Since costume change is entirely possible, you can even have him change outfits once or twice, giving you a good excuse to knock a couple people out. Would be fun if there were several people all dressed alike but you had to knock out the person the same size as you for the outfit ;*) Otherwise, jacking guards for clearance passes and whatnot; alarms would be bad.

They never mentioned when Jonathan infiltrated, so you could even do a 1st stage crossover with the Elvis level. That would also allow a little more leeway if you want to go guns-blazing. They'd write off the guys you shot as collateral damage when the alien went on a rampage.

Yeah I'm always excited for future updates on the editor. It is amazing as it is but I'd love to see things get a more complex objective-completing wise.

I already have setup a few small objectives (though one does not make much sense)

- Find Suitcase (For the uniform)
    - Find Disguise

Now the first originally was Find the Disguise and the second was Find the Crate but I do not know how to work with rooms/coordinates so I had to scrap a very good objective.

Picking up the suitcase and disguise works just fine its just, how do I make guards act casual around me once the disguise is on?

And I still can't seem to change the objective text. Either displays nothing and crashes or displays the default text.

I'm taking a guess at when Jonathan infiltrated: He starts off at the helipad, the same place Joanna did, but the guard that walks is taken out and the Suitcase is near you (will be positioned later).

Jonathan can kill the guards around him and proceed throughout the mission. The remote switch to open the big door in the tower has been removed and the helipad with the rocket launcher has been blocked off by crates, which forces you to move down near the antennae. The door with the auto gun has been unlocked as well with the one inside of that. Where Jonathan spawns in Perfect Agent in Escape is where a guard and a disguise is located at. From there you win the Agent difficulty. (May you enlighten me on how to perform an outro? Once all the objectives are completed you just sit there for hours and hours and no outro ever happens)

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have some suggestions, as the general idea was to make more than one mission.

How about the first mission been Jonathan infiltrating Area 51 (by the heliport as Joana did), filming the aliens beeing transported (with a spy-cam he already had) and end the mission after sending the transmition?
It will be cool if the player could 'recreate' the footage Joana sees before entering Area 51 (entry point, hostil guards and aliens); maybe taking photos of those spots with the spy-cam.

Elvis also mentioned something about Jonathan helping him before Joana arrives, so that could be another objective in a second mission, before giving Joana the explosive crate. Perhaps Jonathan faked Elvis death so no other could harm him, or delayed his autopsy somehow.

Some of the missions could have a time limit. You could fail because you couldn't reach a restricted area in time, so you can't film Elvis on the first mission or save him on the second.

It would be cool if we could play some missions with the 'almost perfect agent'. I'm looking forward to this! Smile

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllo here

Ohhh i have an idea for area for are 51
but it's something completely different

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since this would be a ROM hack, not GS codes, you could change the Trent Easton player character entry for Jonathan in the 39850 modifications menu. That would allow you to play as him properly, without breaking any other missions.

I don't know, I think having him start in the same position as Joanna would feel kind of repetitive. He could always start at another helipad, near the large hangar lifts. Heck, he may even already be wearing the proper uniform, as though he's been recruited and has just been transported there for his first day on the job. Joanna already steals a lab suit to disguise herself, so it might not be a bad change of course.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
I have some suggestions, as the general idea was to make more than one mission.

How about the first mission been Jonathan infiltrating Area 51 (by the heliport as Joana did), filming the aliens beeing transported (with a spy-cam he already had) and end the mission after sending the transmition?
It will be cool if the player could 'recreate' the footage Joana sees before entering Area 51 (entry point, hostil guards and aliens); maybe taking photos of those spots with the spy-cam.

Elvis also mentioned something about Jonathan helping him before Joana arrives, so that could be another objective in a second mission, before giving Joana the explosive crate. Perhaps Jonathan faked Elvis death so no other could harm him, or delayed his autopsy somehow.

Some of the missions could have a time limit. You could fail because you couldn't reach a restricted area in time, so you can't film Elvis on the first mission or save him on the second.

It would be cool if we could play some missions with the 'almost perfect agent'. I'm looking forward to this! Smile

Holography can definitely be done as it's a selected option for the objectives - though replaying the scene via getting views from an action block may be quite difficult and personally I can not do it Smile

Time limits could possibly be implemented but I'd have to ask someone like Wreck or SubDrag about those.

I do like your photo idea Smile Thanx for the suggestions. (I'm excited to see the outcome too! If you want to come on-board feel free)

oldyz wrote:
Ollllo here

Ohhh i have an idea for area for are 51
but it's something completely different

Feel free to share! Smile

Wreck wrote:
Since this would be a ROM hack, not GS codes, you could change the Trent Easton player character entry for Jonathan in the 39850 modifications menu. That would allow you to play as him properly, without breaking any other missions.

I don't know, I think having him start in the same position as Joanna would feel kind of repetitive. He could always start at another helipad, near the large hangar lifts. Heck, he may even already be wearing the proper uniform, as though he's been recruited and has just been transported there for his first day on the job. Joanna already steals a lab suit to disguise herself, so it might not be a bad change of course.

Okay I'll take a look around and will do it, thanks.

There is always that central helipad with all the crates around it, but you're in the dead line of fire.

As a relpy to the end bit, Jonathan has to get the disguise first.

Quote:
Where Jonathan spawns in Perfect Agent in Escape is where a guard and a disguise is located at.

Though the disguise is just laying on the ground, I was going to make it so the guard drops it but - once again - I'm not that advanced and wouldn't know how to program that into the objectives Smile

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay - so I apologize for this double post but here is a demo followed with some notes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmr35SZ2w7M

NOTES:

- Since a certain part of the level (the inside of the building) was not built for play in Infiltration, a lot of the guards spawn with Magsec's (even when they are set to Dragons). Objects can not be placed inside the big room with the two guards either - they will not show up.

- For some reason I'm spawning with the magnum under 'Unarmed'. It used to say the DY357 but now it just falls under unarmed. This was after I tried fiddling putting a CamSpy in the left hand and a Magnum in the right because I was going to include holography but it didn't not work too well.

- Lag starts around the area at the first objective - sorry about that!

- Invincible was enabled because those guards are actually really hard! The turrets don't help

- Will keep working on this level the entire day Smile

QUESTION(s):

How do I get rid of the Explosives from spawning in my inventory at the start?

Whenever I pull out the CamSpy and take a holograph of the last objective, it fails the second and third?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: