ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Wreck, Subdrag, and Zoinkity
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Modman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Wreck, Subdrag, and Zoinkity Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with the GSC Krew of today. I remember you all from the .com days, and I figured I'd extend an invitation to come visit us at our new home. We're Runeless, as he insists on continuing his GSC legacy. However, he'll have a bit of a hard time doing it without any hackers.

http://www.kodewerx.net

Xyle, Shadow warrior, and macrox have all resurfaced. Viper, Parasyte, dlong, krusha, and the rest of us are as active as we've ever been.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey listen I would appreciate if my posts didn't get deleted just because someone may not like what I said about Xyle. I think I deserve better treatment after being a member here for a good while. the fact is, Xyle was a bad member of GSC and should never have been on the staff. he's partly responsible for GSC.com going down.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not getting into this GSCentral.com dispute crap again. Yes, I did delete your post. Why? Not only did it 'flame' someone, it used foul language. I used to be on the staff with Xyle and have nothing but good things to say about him. If you want to discuss the politics of GSC.com someplace, do it somewhere else.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to get into it either, but I am pissed at what happened and that no one will take responsibility for what they did. even you. you were an admin for a long time but very often you were inactive. you were even taken off the staff until you came back for a few weeks and got put on again, then quickly taken off when you disappeared again. and because the other admins were inactive and the owners didn't really care, they put Keeper of the Lodge in charge and things went down hill from there. maybe if you or another admin would have been there when it was needed, that wouldn't have happened. you were decent when you were there, but you were inactive a lot.

Xyle helped to bring down GSC. he would ban and demote people for little or no reason, including a friend of mine. he also made promises that he never kept, like how GSC would be made into a better place. you can have your opinion but I can tell you that you are one of the few people who would say you have nothing but good things to say about him.

anyway, there's a GSCentral.org too with some of the other people from the original GSC like Rune. in fact Parasyte just recently left to start up Kodewerx because there was a big fight. GSC.org's code section was taken down by Rune so he could fix it, but almost five months and many promises later, nothing. Kodewerx hasn't had a code section up, or even much of a site since they started it up.

Modman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be completely fair to both sides of this issue, when Xyle first returned, he apologized by his own initiative to the entire Kodewerx Kommunity for his actions at the end of GSC.com.

Now, as far as Rune's code database progress, he's relying on his brother to write the new security scripts and what not. The issue is, I have sufficient reason to believe that his brother has either abandoned the project or has virtually no time to work on it. It will never be completed either way. My source is Rune's personal blog. His latest post, last paragraph: http://langelomisterioso.blogspot.com/

And finally, in defense to Kodewerx, CMX is working with Parasyte on a very interesting project. Kodewerx will be on the map here very soon.

Edit:

Side note, General Geoff has returned as well. Just happened.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think one apology makes everything he did right. he helped to bring down an entire site that had been going for 7 years.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The staff of GSCentral.com was being treated like garbage. It seemed as though all of the members, including the new ones, didn't want to follow any rules that had been set from the very beginning. Xyle, KEEPER and myself were working extremely well together for nearly two months. During that time period, we received nothing but negativity. Certain people were given more respect and second chances than they deserved. Favouritism had been going on for too long. As soon as we put an end to that, we were jumped on. The three of us had been bashed relentlessly, though it was Xyle that got the brunt of it. Finally, I had enough. They were nearing the breaking point, as well. I knew that GSC.com was on a downward spiral ages ago. The only thing trying to hold it together was the Administration that no one wanted to listen to. In the end, it tore itself apart. There's no fingers to point, no names to mention. It just killed itself. The days of videogame hacking were pretty much over, with the exception of a few N64 and GameCube hackers. They were few and far between. With a handful of 'noobs' joining everyday, demanding new codes for their GC games, it's no wonder they got frustrated. I don't blame anyone for what happened. There's no specific thing that could accept full responsibility. It was a collection of everything that had taken place during the last few years.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Modman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're going to love this one. After Rune created .org, he had sole control over and access to the GSCentral.com code database. Viper has a copy from September of 2k4, but as you can imagine, it's slightly outdated now.

Rune refuses to share the code database with anyone. Period. According to him, its rendering engine is being rewritten by his brother, Rob, and it will be done "soon." He's been preaching the release dates for a long time now. And he continues to miss each one. I have a copy of Viper's September of 2k4 code database, but that's it.

If anyone wants to, for whatever reason, see Rune in his "glory," they can do so at his current forum location: http://www.gscentral.org/board/index.php

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok I can agree with a lot of that. but the administration of GSC.com was constantly bashed because most of the time they deserved it and acted very unfairly.

let's take Platinum for example. he was a mod at GSC.com. I think he was the mod of the retro game hacking forum. but he was switched from that forum to the gamecube forum without even being told beforehand. what is the point of being on the staff if you are not told about anything, even things that concern you? anyway, after he was moved to another forum, he asked to be switched back to the retro because he didn't know anything about gamecube hacking and as a member of the staff, should have been told about it instead of just having it sprung on him. he also said if it couldn't be done he wouldn't make a big deal out of it. but he was demoted right there by either Keeper or Xyle. he was not insulting in any way because I saw the posts.

and he is only one example of many. I was banned for sticking up for other people like Platinum who were banned or demoted for no reason and because Xyle accused me of being one of the banned members who came back. I even talked to him over AIM and he didn't give a damn about anything I had to say unless it was what he wanted to hear.

Keeper and Xyle were two of the most unfair admins I've ever dealt with. they banned nearly everyone for even disagreeing with them. I don't see how you can sit there and act like the staff of GSC.com were the good guys and all of us were the bad guys who would do nothing but complain and act like dicks and that just isn't true. I will say some of the members were like that and maybe deserved to be banned for a while, but the majority of demotions and bans handed out were unjustified and undeserved and abuses of power. I'd also like to point out that Keeper and Xyle never contributed to GSC because they were not code hackers. but they were very ungrateful for all the things people like Parasyte, Rune, Platinum, Viper and the others had done for GSC. if it wasn't for them, it's very likely that GSC wouldn't have existed.

people didn't want to follow the "rules" because they were too strict and not fair to everyone.

Modman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't had any luck in locating crocc or KOTL yet, but stinky posted on the kodewerx forums on november 22, 2006.

As far as the history, it's not worth dwelling over. We're a new community with a new perspective and an age old goal: to last.

Subdrag: LoLz, no one was surprised that you are still in love with Goldeneye. Heh, stop by, man, and say hi.

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the only reason you were not banned is because you sucked up to KOTL and didn't stick up for us, which is what you should have done whether you got banned for it or not, but you didn't.

"just get over it". is that always the answer to everything? instead of recognizing the issues and trying to fix them, it was always "what's done is done, so get over it". maybe if you people were not like that, GSC.com would still be around. GSC.org is the same exact way and Kodewerx isn't much better. I personally hope both of those sites fail because I'll laugh my ass off for sure. but they already have failed. it's just a matter of accepting defeat.

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Modman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fear the Darkness wrote:
"what's done is done, so get over it". maybe if you people were not like that, GSC.com would still be around. GSC.org is the same exact way and Kodewerx isn't much better. I personally hope both of those sites fail because I'll laugh my ass off for sure. but they already have failed. it's just a matter of accepting defeat.

Eh, if we had the attitude that what's done is done and there's nothing we could do about it, we wouldn't have started a new forum to try and fix things. I am here trying to get the old krew back together, am I not? A lot of oldbies have examined both the current GSC under Rune's control, and the Kodewerx forum under the control of Viper, ?man, and Parasyte. All have chosen Kodewerx as the better place of the two. We're not trying to be GSC. We just wanted a community where everyone could be free to be themselves without any baggage attached from the past. If you guys want to stop by and hang out, it's not about remaking GSC, it's about getting everyone together again.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: