ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Wreck, Subdrag, and Zoinkity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am not spreading hateful words and it really has nothing to do with that. people had every right and reason to be pissed off and "spread hateful words". they had every reason to do so.

the reason you didn't get banned is because you didn't stick up for us. maybe you were not a suck up, but you didn't stick up for the hard working members who got screwed over and banned by KOTL and Xyle.

DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Ghost of GSC Past
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Modman wrote:
Now, as far as Rune's code database progress, he's relying on his brother to write the new security scripts and what not. The issue is, I have sufficient reason to believe that his brother has either abandoned the project or has virtually no time to work on it. It will never be completed either way.

That's weird. The gscentral.org main site has been online since 12:45PM of December 31st, 2006.

I cannot accept the blame for what other people did near the end of GSC.com. That is entirely their fault. Likewise, I was banned by the 'administration' along with many others, so I sympathize with the crap that everyone had to go through. With GSCentral.org, we are continuing Jim Reinhart's legacy without re-inventing the wheel like other sites.

The past is long gone, but at least at .org we aren't giving up and history will not repeat itself again while I remain.

-Rune

DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Ghost of GSC Past
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aye.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Now the part about me not sticking up for the other members.. Really I never even was around when all of these things happened.

well if you admit to not being around much then you can't say KOTL and Xyle were good admins. I don't know how you could have missed out on all the crap they did.

Quote:
I cannot accept the blame for what other people did near the end of GSC.com. That is entirely their fault.

yeah but you can take part of the blame for before that. GSC.com started going down the tubes long before that. people keep talking about the good times of GSC but there were more bad times than good. people would get harassed if they didn't act the way you and others wanted them to. mainly new guys who didn't type how you wanted them to. there was always arguments going on about the way things were being done. it got to the point where the staff and members had made so many enemies that account registering was turned off for days at a time so the people you pissed off couldn't sign up.

If I remember this right Rune, you got demoted or you stepped down from being an admin because you unfairly banned two people. well in your mind you had a good reason but nobody else agreed. KOTL and Xyle are the main ones responsible for the death of GSC.com but everyone had a part in it.

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Ghost of GSC Past
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I cannot accept the blame for what other people did near the end of GSC.com. That is entirely their fault.

Quote:
yeah but you can take part of the blame for before that.
GSC.com started going down the tubes long before that. people keep talking about the good times of GSC but there were more bad times than good. people would get harassed if they didn't act the way you and others wanted them to. mainly new guys who didn't type how you wanted them to. there was always arguments going on about the way things were being done. it got to the point where the staff and members had made so many enemies that account registering was turned off for days at a time so the people you pissed off couldn't sign up.

I am not interested in playing the 'spin the bottle and blame whoever it stops at' game. If two people were believed to be unfairly banned, that is likely an opinion that has been long forgotten and does not matter anymore. GSC.com is dead. The original spirit lives on at GSC.org, which is run with Jim Reinhart's 1998 blessings.

GSCentral is now going through an awesome reboot. A lot of the members who once caused problems have left and I am much happier updating the website now than at any other time that I can recall in its history.

Quote:
If I remember this right Rune, you got demoted or you stepped down from being an admin because you unfairly banned two people. well in your mind you had a good reason but nobody else agreed. KOTL and Xyle are the main ones responsible for the death of GSC.com but everyone had a part in it.

I was demoted at the time. I never understood exactly the real reason why I was demoted, other than to appease the masses who did not realize the consequences of that action. They may have agreed with the decision, but in retrospect it was a boneheaded move. The end result, of course, was that the site died. Whether my leaving and the site's death were correlated, that is up to the individual to decide.

I posted here to clear up the slander that Modman is attempting to post all around the Internet. I am not interested in arguing because I have much better things to do with my spare time.

See you at gscentral.org,

Rune

Modman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, excellent database, by the way. Hurry up and upload the rest of it. Kodewerx has the hackers. You can continue to sponge our codes, but people aren't looking for another Gamefaq's. We'll be launching our main site whenever Para's done coding it. We don't propose pointless launch dates, nor do we run our site like we're members of an occult carrying on the work of a man who has long since moved on from the gaming community.

We have a working test area to view what the site's going to look like, and we have quite a bit more than that going on.

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had made an account, but something about the site gives me the feeling they don't like outsiders. It looks like a good forum. Just not the one for me.

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

123Kid wrote:
El Cazador wrote:
I had made an account, but something about the site gives me the feeling they don't like outsiders. It looks like a good forum. Just not the one for me.

Which one Kodwerxs or GameFaqs... Or the dreadful GSC.org.

Koderwax. I have an account on GameFaqs that I never use except for finding cheats, and I checked out gsc.org but just to see what all hte talk was about. K-Wax didnt seem like a bad site, just too specific to hacking. Which is something that I don't do.

Modman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

123Kid wrote:
Modman wrote:
Heh, excellent database, by the way. Hurry up and upload the rest of it. Kodewerx has the hackers. You can continue to sponge our codes, but people aren't looking for another Gamefaq's. We'll be launching our main site whenever Para's done coding it. We don't propose pointless launch dates, nor do we run our site like we're members of an occult carrying on the work of a man who has long since moved on from the gaming community.

We have a working test area to view what the site's going to look like, and we have quite a bit more than that going on.

Did you say GameFaqs because of my topic on this forum, Or is there another reason.

I used GameFaqs because it's the closest thing the current GSC.org resembles.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: