ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

i finally emulated goldeneye!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: i finally emulated goldeneye!!! Reply with quote Back to top

now that ive emulated goldeneye (on pj64) i can finally play the new multi levels!! im so excited 2 play the citadel on my new emulation!! all i need is a link 2 download the citadel code. can someone plz provide such a link?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The IPS Patch is available at the GoldenEye Forever website.
Here is a direct link to the Citadel multiplayer page...
http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/level%20files/citadel_multiplayer_temp.htm

You'll need to download a tool called Smart IPS. The GoldenEye ROM requires modification in order for the stage to load. Once the ROM has been patched, it'll play fine. I'm not sure which version of the ROM you managed to acquire. Is it marked ".v64" or ".z64"? Depending on whether it is byteflipped or not, the IPS Patch in the Citadel Zip file might not work. If it doesn't, I've made another one that will.

Don't worry, this stuff confuses me, too.
Feel free to ask questions, but be sure to read over the Help file.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i dont think it worked and i have the .z64 version.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Follow this link...
http://forums.rarewitchproject.com/showthread.php?t=6998

Look for post #11, made by SubDrag.
There you will find two attached files. Click on them both and save them onto your computer. One of those two should work for the ROM that you have. Try the one labelled as "Citadel_v1_unflipped_NTSC.ips" first. Let me know if that gets it going.

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

im confused. my pc says that niether files are found. i need u 2 tell me excactly what 2 type in the excact spots on the smart ips thing. i typed in the 2 citadel ips things that u told me to put in on the ips file part and this is what i typed in on the original file part: C:\Downloads\Project64k_0_12\GoldenEye 007.zip

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no i didnt. why will that help?

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If your GoldenEye ROM is Zipped, extract it. The IPS Patch won't work on a Zip, because it contains different information. Right-click on the file, then extract all. Before we begin, make sure that you copy the ROM, then paste it with a new name. You don't want to overwrite your only good copy. Once that's complete, select the ROM location in the Smart IPS program. Then, choose which IPS Patch you want to use from your computer. Be sure to have it saved onto your hard drive. Apply the patch and load the ROM in PJ64. Head into the multiplayer menu and select the Citadel. That should do the trick.

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how exactly do i save it on my harddrive

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry, im a noob for asking you so many questions but its really complicated

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do u know how 2 save it onto a harddrive?

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how do u do it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: