ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What do you think a Cetan looks like?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: What do you think a Cetan looks like? Reply with quote Back to top

We all know what a Maian and a Skedar looks like.

But what does the Cetan race looks like? (The Cetan created the Cetan megaweapon)

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No idea. I first thought it was a large single alien that could once control the whole ship with its mind.

In that level I hate that single dead or unconscious Skedar near the beginning. The Farsight attracts right to it.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ya know something, even though it uses the same model as the small Skedars, I think those small things running around are Cetans. think about it, why would small Skedars be that deep in the ship? what killed the Skedar in the beginning? I think Rare may have just been lazy and used the same model of the small Skedars for Cetans. just an idea.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went Hacker Central in the in-game and looked up Skedar.

Small Skedars are the real Skedar race. The big ones are robot bodies that Skedars uses to fight in war. Funny.

Also I played in Perfect Agent of Cetan Mission. They have these weird machine guns that seem to "squirt" out ammo at you.

A Cetan probably killed the Skedar, but it the information in Hacker Central said "The Cetan is sleeping". Also in Deep Sea, you can see also small Skedars "sleep" surrounding an energy tube that powers the megaweapon. Weird.

But here's my theory what a Cetan looks like.

Maians have the color of their skin of a Maian ship.

Skedars have the color of their skin of a Skedar ship.

So Cetan must have the color of their skin of their megaweapon vessel. Cetan are sea-green.

Maian seem to have flexible (Weapons look flexible and shiney) engineers.

Skedars seem to have edgy (Pointed artwork and menacing pictures) engineers.

Cetan seem to have both kinds of engineers. The Cetan machine gun looks like to came from Maian technology. The megaweapon looks like it came from Skedar technology. The textures on wall and skin looks like from Maian technology. The teleportals looks like from Maian technology (Elvis also knew what they are and how to program the Cetan ship). The mechanical doors looks like from Skedar techonology. Only it doesn't short circuit. I hate when that happens.

So Cetan are green and have art of both flexible and edgy. What do you think it looks like?

EDIT:

In the story it said..."An assault team was sent to the Cetan ship to assualt. Elvis and Joanna aboard the ship and found one dead Skedar, clearly the assault team didn't go through."

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the beta version, the ship *was* the Cetan. So basically it was an organic ship, much like many Star Trek episodes. But the entire storyline changed.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's disturbing, also weird.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I read that too about the Skedars but I aint buying it. if they are wearing robot suits, they wouldn't bleed or have their own voices that are clearly different from the smaller ones. so I think the smaller ones are just small skedars.

it says mechanized "armatures" so maybe they mean just the limbs?

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Grimshaw is now in the debate. His information is inaccurate. I say we sue him.

------------------------------------------------------

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/armature

Actually, Fear, "armature" is a pretty vivid word for suits that bleed. Maybe it's an organic suit made by Skedar. Just another theory of mine...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Detstar had pointed out that the blood colour a Skedar has is slightly different from the colour a human has. It's more of an orange, in comparison to the crimson left by a person. The suits they wear are just upscaled versions of their normal structure. Perhaps the blood that flows from them is actually some sort of fuel, or possibly a liquid oxygen supply to keep them breathing while inside. Maybe the Skedar Kings are wearing the suits, not the others. That would explain their great size. Or we could just stick to the good old fashioned, "it's only a game" theory.

An armature can be many things. In the world of sculpture, it's a basic form in which you begin adding clay to. It allows you to build up an underskull for whatever you are working on, saving you time and materials. Be it a wire form, plaster bandage wrapped piping, or a rigid foam replica of a human being.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, good thinking Wreck!

Still, I wonder what a Cetan looks like...I guess we will never know. But though, I am studying the aliens in my game. You can say that I'm obsessed. But, whatever...Eh..

Maxout

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Perhaps the blood that flows from them is actually some sort of fuel, or possibly a liquid oxygen supply to keep them breathing while inside.

Ketresel Red.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a pic from Pd-mod. It's not officially a Cetan though. Still, it's pretty cool to look at.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could email some creators. Chances are slim they would reply, but hey, may as well try. I'd do it but I'm too lazy right now, lol.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Email Rare, just try to email professionally or they won't reply. They'll just throw it in the trash can if the message sounds stupid.

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: