ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The Elder Scrolls Series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: The Elder Scrolls Series Reply with quote Back to top

Who here has played any of the Elder Scrolls series? I personally feel these are the best RPGs out there, probably because of just how open-ended they really are. Take Morrowind for example. What other game allows you to, in the first few minutes of play, kill off random villagers stealing almost everything in their house and selling it and getting rich. The game was so large you could play for days without even starting the main quest. I mean, I'm still downloading mods and playing Morrowind, even 3+ years later.

Plus, now we have Oblivion right around the corner, and it is supposed to be bigger than Morrowind was, plus it looks so good. It seems like it may end up being one of the best games ever.

FRKN.FRoG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i played morrowind and the expansion, never finished the game but its just that damm good, and oblivion well, it looks so great that i know i wont run it on my comp haha

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oblivion, best RPG ever! GO get it now!

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say that Oblivion was a big disappointment for me.
It wasn't even close to Morrowind or Daggerfall.
After few years... thinking about it... it wasn't THAT bad.
Skyrim on the otherhand was the first TES game I didn't like at all.

Arena was a game that I actually disliked a bit. I was always more of an Eye of the Beholder fan. I kinda grew up in it.

Daggerfall was always great, even from the start. And I never finished it back when it was new. Not even sure if you CAN finish it without some patches. I didn't have internet back then. Still my favorite, best game in the series hands down.

Morrowind is an awesome game, close 2nd in series. Wonderful world, quite interesting story development.

Then came Oblivion, the streamlined gameplay, uninteresting main quest, bad voice acting and horrible random caves were a huge turnoff for me. I still consider it to be maybe less good of an game than Arena, but they are pretty close.

Skyrim... what to say. Its stupid. It isn't roleplaying game anymore, not what I consider an RPG to be. I don't care about the graphics. The world is dull, voice acting still bad, quests are too simple ("fetch this, fetch that"). There isn't any interesting twists in the plot at all.

But maybe when they release the next game in the series and if the downhill continues, Skyrim starts to feel less bad again, just what happened with Oblivion.

Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And the award for oldest necro goes to... Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I much prefer Oblivion to Skyrim. The beauty of the surroundings, relative simplicity of the gameplay, interesting characters, ethereal music, and it just feels more solid as well. Skyrim is a bunch of spikes & empty spaces of brown and grey, with just too much business going on, and an overall "rough" feel. The game sometimes gives me a headache - Oblivion never did that.

I have never played Morrowind. That style of game didn't interest me when it came out, and after I saw Oblivion, anything of lesser size and graphical fidelity, no matter the gameplay/story/etc., meant nothing to me.

But that's just me.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Necromancy aside...

The Nehrim mod is the sole reason to get a copy of Oblivion. It's a total conversion and incredibly high-quality.

The only improvement Oblivion had was a sane combat system that doesn't murder your mouse. Otherwise, it's hard to name anything good from Oblivion that hasn't been modded into Morrowind before its release.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: