ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

need help reflashing gs bios to fix my broken sharks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: need help reflashing gs bios to fix my broken sharks Reply with quote Back to top

ok ive got a 3.3 that turns on but crashes at the code list every single time and it lacks an LED. ive got a 2.2 that doesn't even start but the LED on it still works. ive heard that the only way to fix a broken shark is to reflash the bios and correct it. i just need to know if i have to hook up my sharks to a PC in order to do this and how i reflash them once i have them hooked up. i also need to know if the LED in the 2.2 will substitute for the missing LED in the 3.3 if a put one on top of the other and link them to my PC to reflash them; but if i dont have to have them linked to a PC then how do i reflash them. i just want to fix my broken sharks.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The ones without LEDs are really different things. I performed tests using the bad LED one (it goes beyond bad LEDs), using stacking my good one with working LED on the bottom. If you reflash the bad LED one, it won't boot at all. But, you can reflash it (stacking) using another bad LED one, and it will work again. So presumably someone should dump the GS ROM or however that works for the bad LEDs and then overwrite that one. It must be using a different version of the software. Didn't one of the other companies buy gameshark.com and come out with version 3.5? Or am I imagining all that.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Madcatz purchased Interact a few years back.
Though I've never seen it, I have heard that there is a GameShark v3.5 out there. I don't know anything about it. It might be worth one of us getting one to see what's different. My guess is that it'll be even worse than the last few runs of the v3.3.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My GS never worked. It is a Pro.. but i have a PAL nintendo. I don't even know how i got it.. Confused

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

man I've been through at least five or six gamesharks. the one I have right now has lasted the longest, I got it in the beginning of 2005. the first one I'm not even sure if it was broken. I threw it against a wall after a few hours of trying to get it to work because I guess I thought that throwing it would make it work. the 2nd one has the same problem as yours, it freezes up on the code list. all the rest of them just quit working and I haven't been able to get them to start up even by cleaning them.

so far I really don't know what causes them to mess up. I heard some codes do it. if there's actually a way to fix them that would be cool.

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I have heard that there is a GameShark v3.5 out there. I don't know anything about it.

I don't think Mad Catz would create a new Gameshark higher than 3.3 because I wrote them to explain my problem and the company has written me they are creating GSes for new consols.

If it is possible to get a Gameshark (N64) higher than 3.3, prove it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't prove anything. It's just something that both SubDrag and myself had heard about. I tried searching it up with Google, but was unable to locate what I was looking for. Perhaps it's a rumour, or a cheating device for another console. It could have been for Gameboy, for all I know. Somebody has to know for sure.

No one (not including independents) has made peripherals for the N64 in years. They've all been busy working on products for newer consoles. It's an outdated console that hasn't seen new material for a long time.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My guess is these 3.3s we're using right now are these mysterious 3.5s from MadCatz (I know I have heard mention og the 3.5, but I can't find anything about it). MadCatz for whatever reason must've run out of LEDs, and decided to continue making them without them?

Or maybe not, according to wikipedia:
"Although the brand name had legally belonged to InterAct, the technology which powered the GameShark game enhancers was firmly the property of Datel and so was not acquired by Mad Catz along with the name. To power their GameSharks, Mad Catz instead obtained software from the same UK company which was providing Pelican Accessories with the software that drove the competing Code Breaker enhancers and this has resulted in an on going legal dispute. "

Maybe Interact/Datel just ran out of LEDs, but knew their stuff could still work with minor tweaks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: