ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Introduce Yourself! (Especially new members!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to know Wreck.

And nice to meet you Perfecteye.

Perfecteye
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ourumov
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I'm new here. But not so new to the games. Like for some of you Goldeneye was a very big part of my childhood. Me and my friends played every day after school and so on. We also used to team up on weekends to play multiplayer all night. That was good times. Then, when we had beaten Goldeneye to pieces, Perfect Dark came along. At this time i only got to play it over at a friends house, because i didnt own it and never did. At roughly the same time i had to move out of town and therefore lost my so called "gaming-crew". Since i had done everything you could possibly do in Goldeneye (i think), my interest started to fade. I did some missions for other people for some time though. But in the end playing the game was just plain boring and i gradually lost my interest in Goldeneye. That resulted in (later discovered) one of my worst decisions in my life. I sold my N64 along with GE.

Nowadays i really regret that decision. The console itself is hard to find in good condition. And just the Goldeneye cartridge alone is really hard to find and when you find it the seller often wants loads of money for it since its a classic and all. At least here in Sweden.

Anyway, i have searched for modern games for many years that match the style of gameplay that goldeneye provide. But i have found nothing. Goldeneye (and perfect dark for that matter) has a special feeling to it wich makes it very unique. Its hard to describe, but you know what i mean, right? After a time i started to get abstinence and all, hehe, and i was really craving for GE (since every single game nowadays is either to complex with 1 million objectives to be done or enemies will have 220% health. There is no story line and the bigger the guns are, the better it is) until one day when i found out about Perfect Dark on XBLA. It felt like a blessing from above. Im not kidding! The first mission was magic. Alot of memories popped up and i got that "good-to-be-back" feeling. And that finally led me to this forum.

Sorry for the very big post guys and the huge load of nonsense i just made you read, hehe. Anyway, its really fun to see that people is still playing the original versions of the games and good work with the multiplayer emulator. Im gonna try it some day, i think. Thats all i had to say for now Smile

Oh, i almost forgot. My gametag on xbox live is judaspriest87. Just add me if you want to play.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forums Ourumov.

Thats a nice story.

It kind of remind of what happen to me but not as bad as it was for you.

Back when i was 6 years old.

My family want with this no violent game thing.

And i like ok so i started looking for games in my N64 box that i had to get rid of and guest what i found goldeneye in it and here the best part...

I had to get rid of it.

My family said no violent games in this house at all so i had to get rid of it.

I started crying over it for days!

So 7 years later.

I had to go to the dentist and i was like oh god...

After 2 howers of someone trying to pull out my bad tooth my mom said i cud go buy a game for my self.

So i went to gamestop and my mom said only 5 buck i cud spend.

I was like how am i going to buy a gamecube game with this money.

So i started to look awownd and i sall this N64 thing.

So i started to look into it hopeing to look for a decent game.

And there it is Goldeneye 007 in the flesh lol.

But it was only 7 bucks so i started to bug my mom so much to get me that game.

It took me like 5 min till she give in lol.

So i got my game that i wanted and man i play it for days none stop.

ah man i love that game i still think its the Best shooter ever still.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ beautiful story

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cried a little bit! Brought me to tears.

I remember I didn't even have GoldenEye for launch. I didn't know much about it, played Complex multi in a basement once 4P, did not like it (still don't like Complex). Then saw Control played at my cousins solo and it was amazing. Asked for it for holidays, but it was sold out everywhere! Finally got it soon after...and here we are. Never stopped.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.

Reminds me as well when I used to go to Game Stop with my father all the time, and we would pick up N64 games... alll the time. As it's rather outdated... I'm sure they don't sell the used ones at the stores... The good o'll fricking times.. Where do they go.

DCFan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hi guys

KalishnaKobalt
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new to these forums; decided to see what went on. I didn't like this forum for a while, but I decided to get into it again after doing some lurking around.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I'm new to these forums; decided to see what went on. I didn't like this forum for a while, but I decided to get into it again after doing some lurking around.

Ah welcome to the forums KalishnaKobalt.

This forums is very user friandly. There sud be no problem at all with this forums.

Just enjoy your stay and post Q and A when ever you need to.

By the way KalishnaKobalt your name reminds me of someone i met.

Do i know you? Like from a online game?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:
<----Brandon, age 26, live in Michigan, graduated with a degree in computer science and political science last year, joined this site nearly a year ago. New to goldeneye hacking but catching on quick.

Other interests - Politics and music. I also think I'm addicted to the game of monopoly (that's about the only game I play online, with several different people via Sega Genesis emulation and a Skype audio connection)

Since that was nearly 5 years ago, I guess its time for an update.

Obviously I'm 5 years older than 26 (I'm cringing just at the thought), and now I finally have a job related to my degree. I now work for an entire school district - myself and one other person are in charge of all technology, which includes making sure that 640 different computers are all up and running smoothly all the time. That is a never-ending job.

I haven't done anything with any goldeneye hacking for the past year or so, but if the mood ever hits me right (and if I have time), the two projects which I would like to someday finish are my cabin fever map (which was coming along nicely until I ran into texture issues which are apparently now fixable with the new editor) and the runway expansion.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a fun job. I'd love to manage a network of computers.

Cool!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Since that was nearly 5 years ago, I guess its time for an update.

Obviously I'm 5 years older than 26 (I'm cringing just at the thought), and now I finally have a job related to my degree. I now work for an entire school district - myself and one other person are in charge of all technology, which includes making sure that 640 different computers are all up and running smoothly all the time. That is a never-ending job.

I haven't done anything with any goldeneye hacking for the past year or so, but if the mood ever hits me right (and if I have time), the two projects which I would like to someday finish are my cabin fever map (which was coming along nicely until I ran into texture issues which are apparently now fixable with the new editor) and the runway expansion.

Wow nice job there BMW.

nice to get to know one of my fav mappers. Razz

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, it's been a year already since I joined!

I can't remember exactly how I found this place, but it was due GoldenEye: X second patch I think.

I was very interested in the Setup Editor because with it I could create new stages for two of the games I loved when I was a teenager. At that age I started modelling with 3D Studio MAX, I really like it but I never did anything complex because my computer crashed almost every month back then. So you can say that the Editor was the excuse to return to that hobby.

Some friends and I wanted to create a videogame in the late 90's and early 2000's. It was a golden era with Super Mario 64, Little Big Adventure, GoldenEye, Half Life, Age of Empires, Unreal Tournament, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy, Starcraft, Perfect Dark,... But, of course, we didn't even know how to start.

Well, after learning about GE and PD hacking I got interested in Nintendo 64 hacking because it's the closest to create my own videogames with the gameplay I admire the most (GE/PD, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask). I would like to make a full hack of those games and Diddy Kong Racing (I couldn't find any tools for this one), but I don't have so much free time like before. Crazy aspirations!!!

After one year I was able to make a complete Spanish translation for GoldenEye, my first custom multi level in GE and PD called 'No Place' (although it's just a beta at the moment), a released multi level for GE featuring 'Kakariko Village' (the PD version is on hiatus); and an incomplete Spanish translation for Super Mario 64.

Thank you very much to all of you. I've learn a lot of things with your help and spent a very good time. I can even practise my rusty English. Laughing
I hope this is the first of many years!!!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Smile To many more and seeing many great things from you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: