ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Introduce Yourself! (Especially new members!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Wow, it's been a year already since I joined!

I can't remember exactly how I found this place, but it was due GoldenEye: X second patch I think.

I was very interested in the Setup Editor because with it I could create new stages for two of the games I loved when I was a teenager. At that age I started modelling with 3D Studio MAX, I really like it but I never did anything complex because my computer crashed almost every month back then. So you can say that the Editor was the excuse to return to that hobby.

Some friends and I wanted to create a videogame in the late 90's and early 2000's. It was a golden era with Super Mario 64, Little Big Adventure, GoldenEye, Half Life, Age of Empires, Unreal Tournament, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy, Starcraft, Perfect Dark,... But, of course, we didn't even know how to start.

Well, after learning about GE and PD hacking I got interested in Nintendo 64 hacking because it's the closest to create my own videogames with the gameplay I admire the most (GE/PD, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask). I would like to make a full hack of those games and Diddy Kong Racing (I couldn't find any tools for this one), but I don't have so much free time like before. Crazy aspirations!!!

After one year I was able to make a complete Spanish translation for GoldenEye, my first custom multi level in GE and PD called 'No Place' (although it's just a beta at the moment), a released multi level for GE featuring 'Kakariko Village' (the PD version is on hiatus); and an incomplete Spanish translation for Super Mario 64.

Thank you very much to all of you. I've learn a lot of things with your help and spent a very good time. I can even practise my rusty English. Laughing
I hope this is the first of many years!!!

Man already a year? It feels like yesterday when I was talking about that awesome map your making. XD

Anyway Its great to have you here dude. You made an awesome goldeneye map for this game. And I truely admit its 10 times better then my good old Super Mario Brothers map. Razz

I do hope to see big things from you my good friend. I cant wait to see what else you come up with as well.

Its been lovely having you here. And I hope you be here for another year or longer. Smile

Ultralisk27
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Nice to meet you! Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, everybody! Nice to meet you all! I like to play video games, hack for secrets in games(Not a real hacker), dance, draw, compose music, and do other things! I have a youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultralisk27?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase

I've been lurking around this website ever since I found out about the Goldeneye Setup Editor 1.0 being released. I don't exactly remember how I heard about the setup editor, I think I was in some rareware website and the GE editor was mentioned, I forgot haha.

Anyway, since I've first heard about the editor, I downloaded the program and gave it a shot. I remember being blown away while playing SubDrag's levels and I wanted to create my own levels right away. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Looking at the Action Blocks for the first time had me lost and dazed Shocked , I thought it was going to be something like starcraft: brood war haha.

Today, I still don't understand everything about the editor, and I haven't created anything with it, seeing as though I don't have alot of time. I had some ideas but putting them into action was no cake walk. So, while I haven't created any levels, the only thing I would do was play around with the guard's action blocks and see what I could come up with or play other peoples levels, which are fun and creative by the way folks! Very Happy

Just yesterday, I've found out about the N64 sound tool program, since I haven't been lurking for like 2 months or so and I must say, I'm very impressed with it! Gotta thank you, Trevor, SubDrag, and Ice Mario! I've always wanted to use the Goldeneye and Perfect Dark Samples on my music program!

After I got my hands on the GE samples yesterday, I created a quick GE soundtrack with it and it sounds like it belongs in-game! Cool Also, I'm currently working on the PD samples, nearly done!

Since I like to compose music, I hope I could be of assist to you all!

WiiU: Ultralisk27
Xbox live: Ultralisk27
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultralisk27?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase

Last edited by Ultralisk27 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome aboard! For reference, a GE soundfont is on GoldenEyeVault and supposedly a PD one is in progress. Glad to hear about your experiences.

Ultralisk27
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you! I've just uploaded my GE Soundtrack on Youtube just now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hMmaMBAN4&feature=youtu.be

I'm currently working on the PD samples as I post this, nearly done! I'm gonna make a PD style song once I finish getting the rest of the samples in the program.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultralisk27?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool song. If you use the GE soundfont I posted and export to midi your original song will be playable in actual game since instruments are right order!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forums Ultralisk27.

And it is nice to meet you as well.

From what you said. It sounds like you been here for like years. Just looking at the forums. Laughing

Anyway I hope to see great thing from you.

Ultralisk27
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello and thank you, EternallyAries!

Haha, looking at the forums for years is pretty much what I did back then. Laughing

Whoa, thanks for the info, SubDrag! I'll have to go ahead and give my midi a try later.

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope you all enjoy your time here. I know I did. Very Happy

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote Back to top

I joined the forum 2 minutes ago Cool I am trying to learn about the goldeneye editor and some others goldeneye tools. I am not too addicted to games anymore, like I was back when I was 10~13 (now I'm 16). Still, I have my old nintendo 64 and I love it!

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

Ketsu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hello all im new been a fan of Goldeneye/Perfect dark since i was young i don't have the usb drive yet but im sure we'll see each other on the battle field. GE/PD style. :) aka its coming to my house soon.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ketsu wrote:
hello all im new been a fan of Goldeneye/Perfect dark since i was young i don't have the usb drive yet but im sure we'll see each other on the battle field. GE/PD style. Smile aka its coming to my house soon.

Welcome to the forums Ketsu. I hope to see you sometimes online. I been going on it lately on random emulators. So you might see me sometime on there.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe i'm a bit late but once I saw "this is were new members can introduce themselves"...oh Shocked I live in the beautiful small europe, surviving too much rain and schoolwork...
Well, i am better known as SilverEye, creator of the alfredo lamberra series through endless passion for goldeneye. I made them, and it was a great feeling when first one was posted.
I hope I can help everybody here despite of my little knowledge and be nice. Also, i have plans to continue editing in the future.
I love games. i am a very big fan of pokémon games and I like super mario as well Very Happy but my favourite game...I think you know Laughing

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have noticed I been here for so long that I have never really introduce myself to everyone. So I decided to post here and tell ya all about me for once.

Well the name is EternallyAries or Aries or EA for short. And I am 18 years old. I been around these forums for over 3 years now. Since I've also noticed another year has pass for me again on here since yesterday. It is quite amazing how long I've been here. Time really fly's by if you think about it. Razz

Anyway I used to make levels a lot on here. I even also said I might make a level this year. But I been so busy that I never even had the time to do any mapping on this game.

So I mostly spend my time on here posting to help others learn how to use the editor. And get them a head start on some things.

Anyway other then the whole editing and making levels. I can easily say right next to my favorite game Super Mario 64. Goldeneye has gotten up there for me. It always reminds me of the times when I played with my friends and family on it. And winning a ton of matches on there.

I've been playing the Nintendo 64 for nearly 15 years now. And still playing it on my giant HDTV. Smile Sometimes my Wii collects dust while I play my Nintendo 64. I just really think it holds up to the new games as of today and its quite amazing system if I do say so my self.

Other then that I also play online sometimes on Goldeneye. I sometimes randomly show up on some random server. Hoping to find a good game of Goldeneye with some people. But it seems its mostly full up with Super Smash Brother games. Even though I am a fan of that game. I still hoping for a good game of Goldeneye.

But besides that. I have also show up on other games as well. Like Sonic Robo Blast 2 or Whirled.

I hardly even touch the new shooter games that been coming out lately. Like Call Of Duty and Halo. They just don't up to Goldeneye at all.

Anyway beside that and all. I am also a huge fan of Mario. As most might already know how big of a fan I am because of that giant Super Mario World 3D map I made and posted it on here somewhere in the forums. I am also a huge Sonic fan as well. But hardly touch the games since most of the new games these days are horrible. Its all about the good old retro sonic or the adventure titles.

I also love good old rock and metal music. Can't get into the rap or what not. A little bit of death metal and techno here and there. But mostly rock and metal I am into. Can't get enough of Iron Maiden and Twisted Sister. Razz

Anyway about these forums. I feel that everyone here I know is a good friend of mine. Who I've known for a long time now. Lots of people here was glad to help me with mapping problems and all that editing stuff. And I sometimes look back in my old post to see that all my old original post I made was just god awful. Embarassed Like it has horrible spelling and what not. It just makes me wanna just toss it in the trash. I am glad that I have improve on my spelling over the 3 years I have been here.

Well besides the forums. I also sometimes show up on that Goldeneye chat.

And well I am also really into the good old shows like Tom and Jerry. or Ed Edd and Eddy. And what not. And into a few sports like Golf Football Baseball. And I love a good game of pool as well. Since I am a pool shark. Razz

well running out of things to post on here. So I am gonna say that it great to be on amazing forums on here for so long. And still to think that this is my very first forums I have ever join. I never felt so welcome on a website since this place.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats on your 3rd anniversary in Shootersforever, EternallyAries!

Your Super Mario BROS map was an inspiration to me and it helped to find out the right tools to make maps and how custom levels could be done.
I think that was the first "all custom" map I ever saw in the GE/PD scene, the others used levels from GE and PD, or had an original layout but used Rare's textures and lacked that small portion of creativity you added.
If you plan to do a new map I'll be very interested in it.

I still have to go all out in one of my maps!

Hennamann
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i'm Hennamann,
Failed a bit when registering (didn't get the email...) so i registered again.
So basically the story:

When i got a N64 for christmas, and got goldeneye 64 with it i enjoyed it to the highest levlel! It was awesome! And perfect dark Is there anything more to say?
And if you ask, yes i were a Rare, fanboy, i was crushed when microsoft bought them...

And btw, i am from Norway, and my name is Ole.

I am also working on a big project where i am making Goldeneye 64 all over again in HD for computers (Windows only.) And that is one of the reasons i joined this forum!
so yeah, thank you for reading, and i hope i will have a lot of fun on your forum! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: