ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Introduce Yourself! (Especially new members!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
basédexe5ithaccount
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, my name is basedexe and I'm 16 years old, I've been a pro goldeneye player since 2010. I was interested in gameshark hacking in 2010 but didn't know how to hack. 3 years later I figured out what replace xx's mean and all that stuff. Then, 2 years later I learned how to use hex in gameshark, like weapon hacking in perfect dark.

Movies that I watched: Clockwork Orange, Dr.No, and Goldeneye.
Favorite Movie: Dr.No
Favorite Game: Goldeneye and Goldeneye X
Pet Peeves: When I eat something that I don't like, my tastebuds react and then I spit it out really quick.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uh, greetings! I used to exist in this community over a decade and a half ago, making terrible, effortless creations and spouting nonsense 'cause I was a dumb kid. These days, my terrible creations have effort put into them and my nonsense is intentional! As for what I'm doing here, I wound up digging a lot into Perfect Dark this year. Any day now, I'm gonna offload a heap of information that will, at the very least, be seen by people looking for it.

But, not right now. I used up a lot of confidence to write this, so with one last sentence full of commas, I retire my hands for the night.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I should post something here.

I'm 33, live in Portsmouth in the UK and work as a doctor.

First console was a Master System, played pretty much every Sonic game going and was committed to Sega until I played Goldeneye. This was around the time that Sonic was failing to transition to 3D and I jumped ship to Nintendo and bought an N64. I put in a lot of time to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Ultimately the thing that kept these games going was playing with my friends. I completed pretty much everything on both (couldn't do all challenges with all players due to slow down and my friends not quite being able to pull their weight).

I got an Xbox 360 then One and played a lot of other FPS and enjoyed the Halo series which for me peaked at Reach. I played Perfect Dark Zero (disappointing) and the XBLA Perfect Dark which I enjoyed a lot. It negated the slow down issue and I essentially played it as much as the N64 version. I regard this version as probably the best FPS there is. I managed to do all the achievements to get the slightly bizarre maximum 205% completion. My gamertag Dark Reyn 117 is ranked 220 or something which I was pleased with at the time! I also probably still have a bunch of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark maps in Reach and Halo 4 that myself and a friend, Nirurin, spent some time building if anyone plays these.

The other game series that we played a lot with Smash Bros and Zelda. I currently own a Switch and am pretty excited about the news of the new Smash Bros. Worth pointing out that Sonic Mania may mark a return of the gold old days of Sonic. If Sega have any sense they'll commission the Taxman to supersede the Sonic Team. It's an impressive example of how modding for fun led to an official release.

About a year or so ago I stumbled across Goldeneye-X and thought it was an amazing piece of work. I don't really use my computer for gaming so it isn't too great but at some point I will get one that can emulate well. I noticed that the weapons were not quite right and being of a single-minded type with a scientific background, worked on a solution that didn't involve the code. I contacted Wreck who suggested I join the forum.

Now I'm keen to help progress GE-X and have an idea to make a GE/PD crossover game (priority being multiplayer). I have a bit of programming knowledge although nothing like some of the people here. Unfortunately, although I can learn, my family and work give me very little time to put into such hobbies. Time will tell.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello i'm CrashOveride (formerly Siul). Got my name changed to reflect the name i use on almost all other online services/forums.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome new members. You might know me already from other places though GE and PD are the main reasons I stayed with shooters. I've played others only mildly besides those two games.

I'm more into table top and role playing games. GE and PD are so good to get my attention. I'd not have all these posts and been here this long otherwise. I hope you have an interesting and fun journey like I had.

I was also into Chess before AI took over. I have some games and puzzles humans couldn't solve without an AI. If you want to know some of it I'm Clearchesser at lichess.org.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: