ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Weapon Study and Overview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Weapon Study and Overview Reply with quote Back to top

I spend some of my spare time studying Perfect Dark weapons. I don't like weapons, I just study them. Like I study sims. And studying weapons make me try to learn more of Perfect Dark and how to keep the N64 game running as to be fun today and the future.

I did some heavy study on most of the unique weapons. And now I have come to a conclusion on how many different ways you can use them for your advantage of the game.

Let's start with the Falcon 2.

Falcon 2 (N/S/+)

Information: Primary Function-Single Shot; Secondary Function-Pistol Whip; Laser Pointer; Accuracy: Good; 2x Scope

Overview: This is the default weapon of Perfect Dark. I wouldn't say it's the weakest, I would rather say it's the default. This weapon can be used for training purposes. Especially with its different varieties of ways to use it.

Sims: Sims do use it sometimes, but other times they do not need it, rather they switch to unarmed and fight with their fists. They do not see the difference in between their varieties, so in their cases, all the gun's varieties is equal.

MagSec 4

Information: Primary Function-Single Shot; Secondary Function-Three Round Burst; Accuracy: Average; 1.5x Scope

Overview: This weapon is a pretty decent pistol. It's better when it has its Three Round Burst. It's scope makes it a fancy pistol, but if you're going snipe with it, I recommend you put it on Primary Function-Well, depends on how long your target is. Like to snipe out drone guns at Area 51.

Sims: Sims usually see this pistol as a pretty useful pistol. And when high level sims use it, it's a pain in the ass. That's all I can say.

Mauler

Information: Primary Function-Single Shot; Secondary Function-Charged Shot; Accuracy: Average

Overview: A Skedar default weapon. This pistol has a larger magazine than the other pistols. Charged shot will bring it down to size. Also the charged shot is useful for killing a target in one/few hit. Just remember not to reload when it's charging or you'll be throwing out ammo.

Sims: Is it me? Or none of any Sims can go for charged shot? That means human players have an advantage over these Sims.

Phoenix

Information: Primary Function-Single Shot; Secondary Function-Explosive Shells; Accuracy: Average

Overview: Elvis's weapon of choice. I'd say it has a neat reloading animation. And it's explosive shells bring a whole new strategy. This weapon is great for targets that has a rocket launcher or explosive weapons. Like killing Skedar king with this by backfiring his rockets. Something tells me that Elvis would be proud....HEEEEHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Sims: They love to use it on Explosive shells.

DY357. Magnum

Information: Primary Function-Single Shot; Secondary Function-Pistol Whip; Accuracy: Perfect

Overview: I don't like this weapon.

Sims: They use to it to shoot.

DY357-LX

Information: Primary Function-Single Shot; Secondary Function-Pistol Whip; Accuracy: Perfect

Overview: 1 hit kills. But the game think this magnum has supernatural strength like destroying Maian saucers or Skedar shuttle in one shot. Obviously a Goldeneye Golden Gun edit.

Sims: They use it to shoot.

CMP150

Information: Primary Function-Rapid Fire; Secondary Function-Follow Lock-On; Accuracy: Average

Overview: dataDyne Shock Trooper's weapon of choice. Good weapon, I think it's a silent weapon too. Heh, yeah, good SMG. Small magazine though.

Sim: They are violent with this weapon. I rather face guards with this weapon.

Cyclone

Information: Primary Function-Rapid Fire; Secondary Function-Magazine Discharge; Accuracy: Average

Overview: This weapon is good for stapling players/sims to walls to prevent moving. Magazine discharge is typically releasing all your magazine at your foe. I use this weapon to ambush, or camp.

Sim: They always want double Cyclones in play.

Callisto NTG

Information: Primary Function-Rapid Fire; Secondary Function-High Impact Shells; Accuracy: Average

Overview: My favorite weapon of PD. My strategy to use this is to use High Impact Shells. And if you're fighting someone far away, try to aim for their aim. One hit from high impact shells is enough to kill them. I have no idea what you can do with Rapid Fire, you tell me. Also, use this weapon with X-ray scanner, so the bullets can go farther when going through doors and it has better aim. By the way, Rapid Fire and High Impact Shells have the same accuracy, so don't be fooled.

Sims: Cowardsim are wimps, so they use Rapid Fire most of the time. But most sims, prefer High Impact Shells. And I can't blame them.

RC-P120

Information: Primary Function-Rapid Fire; Secondary Function-Cloak; Accuracy: Average

Overview: Cloak when you're weak, fire when you're behind a foe. It's a good weapon, not as noisy as the other some of the fast firing weapons.

Sims: Cloak sometimes. Mostly when an enemy is near.

Last edited by cactus on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sims are able to fire those magnums much faster than players can.

DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fear the Darkness wrote:
sims are able to fire those magnums much faster than players can.

Yeah, also updated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: