ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Beta Presets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Beta Presets Reply with quote Back to top

I have been working on a project to re-create alot of the beta aspects of Goldeneye, mostly going down the level list on Subs Beta Goldeneye site.

Since Im trying to stick to as close as the beta would have been as possible, Im trying to stick with using existing presets. Is there a way to find all the un-used presets in a level easily? Or is there a list of beta presets somewhere? Im pretty sure there is a big list of at least all the used presets, came across a post in the GSCentral cache about it, although its no longer hosted. Did that include some beta presets?

I need to try to estimate things like where the motorcycle was in Runway (or a beta preset start postition), or where misc items like the cheap light in Archives may have been placed. That and doors no longer put in, and many misc unused presets to place objects that can be used to explain certain beta stuff.

For example, I used some unused presets in Facility to throw in some Scientist guards with silenced D5Ks, and threw some knives in the bathroom (which come to think of it, it would really suck to have a bunch of knives lying on the bathroom floor in real life) lol.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could use the setup editor and just go along the presets, seeing which are unused.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

-or used the text dumps Sub generated a few years ago.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually still have those files on my computer.
If you'd like, I can e-mail a Zip folder with them all, KC.

Just becareful that you aren't using presets which are a part of 'the locale network'. That's what helps to keep characters (or 'actors') on their proper paths and knowing where you're located in the stage. It's a complicated design, so it's best not to fudge with it. The GoldenEye Setup Editor lists which presets belong to each path. Use that when you need confirmation for whether or not you should modify a certain preset.

By the way, I know that there are a couple of leftover presets that were meant for doors in Train. To the right of your starting position, there's one. Also, toward the back of the train where all the shutters come down, there's a few extras. Good hunting. Wink

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, thanks, that might help me a lot. Especially cause I think using leftover presets is the best kind of beta mod, mostly cause its easy as hell to create some new object or door and set it to an unused preset. They make a good difference in the level without much work at all.

Im going down a list of levels, Train is a little far away but Ill keep those extra door presets in mind. I have Dam mostly done, although a little cheaply (I tried to incorporate a the beta "Lock Exploder", it works, but kinda cheaply). I lost Facility due to some computer frustrations, but it shouldn't be too hard redoing it. Oh well, Im armed with a newly re-formatted PC running much faster and currently does not annoy me, so Im hoping I can get through these mods at a good pace.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite are the beta presets for doors behind walls in Silo. I think that's mentioned on the old Silo clipping code page. The whole thing was probably laid out completely different. Silo is so cookie-cutter you could easily assemble a dozen new designs out of it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I sent this to KC in a PM, but thought others may enjoy reading it...

"I did a Google search and found an image of the stacked tanks. It's hard to tell, due to the distance between the player and the objects, but they appear to connect cleanly. They must have either had seperate presets for them, or used some sort of flag to position it lower. But I believe I know why they canned it. There's two possible results that would follow destroying the tank on ground level. The first is that the tank above, if set to be immobile (which doesn't seem to be an option currently supported by the Editor, but still works), will stay floating in the air. This looks quite silly, as there is a decent amount of empty space now inbetween the objects. The second result is that the upper tank will tumble down to the floor, crashing into the ground. If it isn't destroyed automatically from the fall, you'd need to finish it off. With this big, broken tank now lying on the walkway, you're able to simply walk through it. The reason you can't go through the normal tanks is because the area they encompass is blocked off in the clipping file. Since they are immobile, they will not move out of position. Those two reasons were probably enough for Rare to remove the extra tanks from the final game."

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: