ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Emulated Goldeneye Citadel? Showdown!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Emulated Goldeneye Citadel? Showdown! Reply with quote Back to top

Thursday, March 2nd. 8:00 PM GMT -5 American Eastern Time (I think 1:00 AM next day GMT, IDK, if you are in a different timezone, figure it out)

1964 v0.99

Goldeneye NTSC American ROM, Citadel Patched (Have both versions ready though, I have no idea if that will work)

SCD(Sonic Cage Dome) Server. IP: 82.165.178.145:37888 -------- May Change

Look for the Goldeneye Game hosted by Kcghost. If more than four players show up, somebody just host another game, another, and so on.

Not really a tournemnet, just for some awesome Citdel fun.

I have played Goldeneye online, and it is surprisingly fast, there is not too much lag at all. You have to get used to the controls though.

Again:
Server: 82.165.178.145:37888
Emulator: 1964
Connection: Good (default)
ROM: NTSC Amercian Goldeneye with Citadel Patch (At first anyway)
Time: Thursday, March 2nd. 8:00 PM GMT -5 American Eastern Time
My Name is: Kcghost

Make sure you have al that stuff correct, Kaillera is a little picky, lol.

I hope it works. Laughing Cool BTW, yes, March 2nd is the day after tommorow, almost made that mistake, originally said Feb 30th, damn strange month, lol.

Last edited by kcghost on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wicked man!! I will try my best to be there, but I will be looking after my baby that night. I would love to put this up in the news section of the site for you also.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where I can get'em all and what I must do?

But, does the stuff is compatible for Macs? If it's possible, please tell me.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd do it, but my PC has a hard enough time running the game as it is.
It ends up crashing after a few minutes of gameplay... Confused

I hope you get enough gamers for your tournament, KC.
Good luck with it! Wink

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really hate to make last minute changes, but this is jsut now coming into chaos.

Project64k wont start citadel, also i seem to have a very bad multi render problem. Were using 1964, latest version, same as hosted here at GoldeneyeForever.com.

Also, im not sure, but I might change servers, the Sonic Server is overloaded to say the least.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good it's 1964, I'll try and join in.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hate my ISP. My ping was 30 on the SCD serv the other day. Today its 216. Im unplayable, somebody else host it, i wont even try to play, ill just slow down everyone else. Antoher server wont fix it either, the best ping i found was 210. Again, im not sure whats going on with my cable, but I can declare right now that I hate my ISP, and unfortunetly cannot play. Somebody else start the game without me.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone else even in? I can start it for you since I have cable internet. I'll PM you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OMG!! I apologize, I was just about to update the news section this morning, and looking back at your date of tourney I realize it's past!! Can you pick another date? Try another one?? Crap sorry.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It didnt turn out that great anyway (as clowns789 will tell you), lol. Yeah, im planning another one, but I need to work out the details better this time, test out a couple more things. Im not really sure if its even possible to play Citadel (Its hard to test out online, its hard to tell the difference). Project64k ended up being a very bad decison on my part, not even trying it first, then realizing that (at least with me) it renders terrible, flashes black and stuff.

Before planning another date and details though, there should be detailed walthroughs on every aspect of emulated gaming, from using a controller (clowns789 just wrote that), to using the correct plugins and emulator, to online gameplay(Kaillera=Super-Picky).

Me and clowns ended up the only ones playing, and ran into a bunch of problems starting it, an even when it started, it wasnt too good. The server was abit overloaded, and both our pings were high. I do have to assure however, that playing online is really fun, if you are lucky enough to have it set up all right and your ping on the server is low. I have played smash brothers and a bit of Goldeneye, and with low pings you get pretty good quality. It is alot easier to play Smash Brothers online than Goldeneye though, its a lot easier to control Smash Brothers rather than Goldeneye using just a keyboard, just because of the way the controls are and the type of game.

Ill make some posts later detailing my experiences with these emulators, but right now, im off to play some Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: