ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Simpsons or Family Guy? Poll
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fam to the G. or the Simp-sizzle?
Family Guy
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Simpsons
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 22

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Simpsons or Family Guy? Poll Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I doubt Family Guy could ever replace the Simpsons in the hearts of our generation. But Family Guy cirtainly takes the cake. Especially when compared to the new Simpson episodes. I think the only reason its still going is because of dedicated watchers of the series, but its become so unfunny. It has its high points but I think its needs to die in dignity, before it gets too washed up. I feel like I'm betraying a part of me, (jokingly) but my vote is on Family Guy.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going Simpsons. I've had some really great chuckles at Family Guy but I like the cast of Simpsons more. I'm sure that it because of the time I've been watching it however.

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*sigh* after seeing the south park espisode on family guy, im sorry to say that i say neither. to me the simpsons lost its humor and family guy doesnt seem that funny to me (hate the new episodes). this sucks i dunno what to watch now.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

123Kid wrote:
Lost in Space for example received poor ratings and reviews but I get a kick out of that everytime I see it. (Old movie, late 90's)

Late 90's is old already? Geez time passes fast.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neither.

Family Guy has been nothing but sexual references and various forms of propaganda since day one, and most of the non-sexual jokes are boring pop culture references.

The Simpsons was well written up to the end of Season 12, but has steadily decreased in quality since then. A lot of the gags are now based on repetition to fill time, and there's more and more sex and propaganda each season. I only watch old reruns now.

South Park is the worst. It's nothing but in-your-face sex and violence, obviously design to desensitize and dumb down the population. It does have better writing than Family Guy though.

End.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Extremist wrote:
Neither.

Family Guy has been nothing but sexual references and various forms of propaganda since day one, and most of the non-sexual jokes are boring pop culture references.

The Simpsons was well written up to the end of Season 12, but has steadily decreased in quality since then. A lot of the gags are now based on repetition to fill time, and there's more and more sex and propaganda each season. I only watch old reruns now.

South Park is the worst. It's nothing but in-your-face sex and violence, obviously design to desensitize and dumb down the population. It does have better writing than Family Guy though.

End.

Personally, I like Family Guy, but I get your points. And your dead on about The Simpsons. But I don't think South Park is a bad show at all now. I mean, its still isn't a show for children in any rights, but it's no longer just sensless violence and sex. They parody alot of things that are going on in our everyday lives, and also in the world. I mean they talked about shows getting all "preachy" and up their own asses about messages, but thats because they were making fun of themselves because thats what they are doing. In its early season it was just another Jackass type show, but now its become like an animated version of the Daily Show with John Stewart.

Brian_Hax
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Family Guy....

the Simpson's come in dead second for me.

coming soon to SHOOTERS FOREVER

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I choose both. They are similarities like Peter and Homer are stupid, Marge and Lois are housewife.

john lennon
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like both the simpsons and family guy but I have watched the simpsons more so i like it better.

linkk98
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

family guy RULES!!!!!!!!!

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

family guy

Maxout

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Simpson Family vs. The Guy. Simpsons. Some of the jokes and issues are unforgettable.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

as much as i like the simpsons..... i gotta go with family guy and i also like Futurama

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gri007 wrote:
i also like Futurama

Another great show that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Nothing better than a healthy dose of bender when your insomniacing. Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

South Park.
While The Simpsons may have been a hilarious cartoon for many years, and really helped to raise the bar on animated comedies, they've really had a hard time keeping it fresh and funny the past few years. Family Guy has never, ever grabbed me. I barely laugh at all when I'm watching it. The characters are annoying and sound ridiculous. South Park, on the other hand, is an incredibly well produced series. Not only the writing, but the musical scoring and voice acting is top-notch. Each episode has some kind of message in it, if you pay enough attention. My brother is hooked on it, so we watch his DVD collection whenever I'm over on the weekends. The "Cartoon Wars" two-parter is awesome, and sums up Family Guy to a tee. And "Make Love, Not Warcraft" is a classic that all gamers should check out. If you look past some of the toilet humour, you'll find a show that has both meaning and heart.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: