ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Opening the Invincible cheat - Luck, Skill or both?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00zero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Opening the Invincible cheat - Luck, Skill or both? Reply with quote Back to top

wow, this is a difficult one! i spent a couple of hours on it last night and at less than 2 min per trial, that's quite a few runs... i just can't seem to get to the labs with enough energy when Dr. Doak is there, he only shows up in the hall when i'm a bloody mess.

for practice, i used 007 mode with enemy damage set to 0%. after i was able to make it through a few times in less than 2:05, i switched over to 00 to try to earn the cheat... yeah right. those three dudes in the back hall must have vests on or something, it takes me about 6 or 7 shots to get the first one down, and by then, the other two have eaten me up.
once in a while i get a good run, but then Dr. Doak is nowhere to be found... blasted double agents, you never know what they're going to be doing.

what have been your experiences opening this cheat?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a trick where you use a mine on the crates near the first computer-type room, and then it kills the guards inside and opens the door while you nab the key. You don't have to do it this way, but it speeds it up.

I haven't found this cheat too too bad, though it is certainly harder than invisibility. Usually it takes a bunch of tries to get doak in the right spot.

00zero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the tip...
finally got the cheat last night. i decided to just run by the guys in the back hall, that works just fine. and when i finally got into the bottling room, i finished in 1:46, plenty of time to spare.

it would help if there was a timer you could see in the corner of the screen. maybe then i wouldn't have a heart attack while i'm waiting for 006 to get away from the stinking bottles so i can detonate. he's as bad as Dr. Doak!

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

123Kid wrote:
00zero wrote:
thanks for the tip...
finally got the cheat last night. i decided to just run by the guys in the back hall, that works just fine. and when i finally got into the bottling room, i finished in 1:46, plenty of time to spare.

it would help if there was a timer you could see in the corner of the screen. maybe then i wouldn't have a heart attack while i'm waiting for 006 to get away from the stinking bottles so i can detonate. he's as bad as Dr. Doak!

Having a timer in the bottom of the sreen whould be nice, Like PD has, The only way to view the timer is to press start, But that will waste mission time also, Obviously you would think when you have the game paused that the timer would be paused too, but for GE it doesn't work like that

A freind was just asking me about that. I couldnt remember and I was actually about to look it up. So thanks.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could edit the setup via gameshark codes to put on the timer, I guess that could be cool. It wouldn't work on any level that already had a timer though.

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's not too difficult, but you do need to replace something minor.

Here's the facility timer, it won't let you fail the scientists objective, but I think the rest is ok.
801D6B87 00B7
811D6B88 0000
811D6B8A B5B9
811D6B8C 0277
811D6B8E 0301
811D6B90 7704

This is actually remarkably simple using action blocks, shown above, I recommend everyone become familiar and start making setups.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With half of everything being luck, and the other half fate, I would say both. But since you already know one over the other, much skill is involved running into the right situations. Even if Doak isn't in the hall, it's still as good if he's in one of those two rooms.

Remember, he'll give you the decoder even if you are far away, and in order to detonate the tanks in the bottling room, I stand on the stair closest to the exiting door so the guards can't shoot me while Trev walks my way.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sub, did you modify the Minimize Scientist Casualties objective data Action Block to create a timer? That's very clever. It'd be nice to have a timer for every stage, like the option in Perfect Dark. That's one point I'll give to PD. They had a lot of nifty options.

I'm pretty sure that your overall mission time does pause while you're in your watch menu. The watch still ticks on, however. I say this because of the speed run videos I've seen on The Elite. Players will take their dandy time going through the inventory to select a gadget, which doesn't seem to effect their finishing time in any way. It's just the period of time going in and out of your watch menu that adds to your total.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to modify one of the global functions like terminate routine, so it worked on all levels. But it would interfere with some levels like silo. So it's probably best to do it on a per level basis. It's pretty cool, gives you an idea of how close you are to the cheat. I could also easily make it exit if you exceed the time! Power of the setup editor and action blocks.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are these all of the stages that have countdowns?...

Dam (Intercept data backup)
Bunker i (Dowload data from computer)
Silo (Plant bombs in fuel rooms / Self-Destruct system)
Surface ii (Disable Spetsnaz support aircraft)
Bunker ii (Escape with Natalya / GoldenEye strike)
Statue (Rescue Natalya / Destruction of Pirate)
Streets (Pursue Ourumov and Natalya)
Train (Escape to Safety)
Cradle (Destroy control console)
Aztec (Launch shuttle)

Wow, I didn't realize that half of the missions used timers.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

HexenGE
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's skill...I have been playing the game scince I was 13 so I could get that code. Age 16 I fianlly got it. Skill not Luck

Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a global on-screen timer code. I have it at home, but I'll check really quick in the old gscentral archive.

Incidentally, the stage time does stop while paused (though it takes a few seconds to enter/exit) though the global clock doesn't (one used by watch). You can even set the watch to run backwards and it won't affect your completion time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: