ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Emulation: How to start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Emulation: How to start Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to play a Nintendo 64 game off your PC without bothering too much with plugins and configuration, here are the steps I had followed.

1. Get All the Good Emulators. These Include 1964, Project64 and Project64k v.0.13. Here are the pros and cons of each:

Project64: Comes with the best plugins (In my opinion). Does not have as much ease of use or compatability with Gameshark codes, nor does it currently support the Kaillera client. (No online Gameplay)

1964: Worst Plugins by default (In my opinion), has the best compatability and ease of use with Gamshark codes. Has Kaillera, but is not as popular as Project64k on the servers, (Different Emulators=Different Games, No mixing possible!)

Project64k: Worst Compatability with Gameshark codes, alright video plugins, but the Greatest Popularity for Online Gameplay with Kaillera.

2. What I did was this, Go into roject64's Program Files and copy all the plugins out of the plugins folder. Go Into 1964's program files, delete all its plugins and paste in Project64's. Uninstall Project64, but keep 64k around for Kaillera.

3. Go get some Roms. Search google, nintendo 64 roms. Im sure you can figure it out from there. Put all your ROMS in the same folder.

4. Start 1964 and 64k, set your ROM folder, configure your plugins etc etc. Not gonna get into details of that.

5. Start Netplay on either one. Pros and Cons? 64k and 1964 Netplay client is basically the same, with one exeption. When going to start a game, I believe 64k will only allow you games that are recognized (green), so Citadel is out of the question. 1964 gives out a code, which somehow identifies the particular game, so citadel, I believe is possible. (I still have to test that out though)

6. Wait a little for servers to show up, if none come up in 30 seconds, the master server is down, so you have to go off servers you already know. If you are looking for a particular server, enter it's IP adress in the box after clicking "Enter IP" or if you were there before, click the tab Recent. If you have played online games before, this part shoultnt be anything new.

7. Enter a Username in the box, it can be anything, there is no registration or anything, its just for Chat Identification. Double-click on a server to log on to it. Now this part may be new, there is a main chat window, termed the "partyline" where you can chat with ANYONE on the server. There are started games listed below that. You can double-click that and join the "Game's Partyline". You may have to wait for a while if its creator wants to wait for more people. To create a game, click "Create New Game" and a menu pops up of anygames in your ROM directory organized by letter. (This is why ROM directory must be set) From there, you can wait for players to join, kick players whose pings you dont like (or attitudes), and the ability to, once you are satisfied with the amount and condition of players, start the game. Only the Game Creator can start the Game.

8. Once Start game is started, your emulator window pops up. You cannot enter any cheats (Although im looking into what is saved onto the actual ROM, I think you can unlock the levels beforehand). The game is played as though in real life, with whoever's controller in woever's socket. Only four can play and nobody can join mid-game. Game Creator would get socket 1, 1st player joined would get 2, etc, etc.

Problems may occur however. Make sure your ping is low, your connection speed is the default(or the same as game creator's) and your emulator is the same as the Game creator's. If thats all right,t he game should start and play fine. Good luck and have fun!

I realize this isnt exactly a walkthrough, I really dont feeel like typing up pages of stuff, rely on common sense or other tutuorials for the rest.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes you may have to try different emulators. 1964 is much better for Goldeneye. Also, with ROMs, go to ROMReactor.net. You will get good codes without voting. It took me hours to find that site because all the bigger ones just send you in circles.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: