ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Help with ps/n64 to usb adapters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slater929
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Help with ps/n64 to usb adapters Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone, I just bought 4 of the ps/n64 to usb adapters. I have 4 usb ports on my pc but I am having problems getting the adapters to function properly. I can get 3 to work at the same time but usually when I try 4 the controller acts strangely when trying to calibrate it. Usually jumps up and down when moving the analog stick up. Has anyone else bought these types of usb adapters? If you have could you post a detailed walk through of how you set them up. My computer is only a few months old. And the problem is not one of the adapters because the one I thought that was faulty works when there isnt 4 of them hooked up. Thanks for the help

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: re: usb Reply with quote Back to top

I just received 2 new adaptoids a few days ago Smile

But for the adapters you are using, if any combination of 3 works properly, then you might be having some type of conflict with 4.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix that. Maybe somebody else here can be of help.

Sal
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, I'm new here

I want to get 4 of the adaptoids but Graham's link to ztnetstore on the front page says it's out of stock. They have an N64/PSX USB Adapter http://www.ztnetstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/23/products_id/86 available but it says
Quote:
Force feedback is not supported, and only a single controller may be connected at any given time. This controller also supports only a select number of N64 controllers. If you are looking for more features and wider controller support, we recommend the Adaptoid.

Has anybody purchased this particular type of usb adapter, and can you plug 4 into one computer at once? If not, where the hell can I find the original Adaptoid?

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have one of those

It is broke

Welcome to the forums

Sal
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol ok thanks, but should i get it then? and will it work for 4 player?
what does everybody else use?

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

for 4 players you are gonna need to get 4 of them..not just 2 because I don't know how to play goldeneye with an PSX controller

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have 4 of the USB adapters and they all work fine. I bought them years ago however. To the original poster about not getting 4 to work, have you tried different controllers on the adapter or just plugged it in by itself to see if in fact the unit is faulty? I have heard that depending on the colour of controller they might no work properly. Honestly I'm skeptical of that, but perhaps there is something to that. Adaptoid wise, I think they are fools if they don't do another run of them soon. I don't know, the USB adapters felt and played as good if not better than what you feel using the actual N64 controller. Just a heads up, you should lower the controller dead zone so that you have more reactive moment with the stick. It will be even more like the console if not better. Just tweak it to your liking. Hope this helps and thanks for considering buying them from Ztnet.com with my banners!!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just sold one of my two adaptoids on ebay.

Went for $256 bucks Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Two-hundred and fifty-six dollars???
For a device that allows you to use an N64 controller on a PC???
Wow, that's absolutely crazy!
Lucky you that there's people nuts enough to bid that high. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also have 2, I won't sell them unless I need the money for food/shelter/health. Also, they seem to get higher and higher prices as time goes by...

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What was interesting looking back at the bid history is that every single bidder was from overseas, mostly from Germany and the UK.

Now I just hope the winner pays for it, he has zero feedback and that always makes me nervous.

I sold it because I was in the category of being semi-desperate for money, though I never expected that amount of money for it, thats almost double what they've been going for. Though, I have seen go as high as $450 before. I have no plans of ever selling my second one.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ack I just installed Windows 7 and the adaptoid analog is not working!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Ack I just installed Windows 7 and the adaptoid analog is not working!

32-bit I assume? I've read that it works perfectly on Windows Vista if you install the latest drivers from the wishtech site, did you try that? Not sure why it'd work on Vista and not 7.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you point to those drivers? Had vista before worked fine. Buttons seem fine now but analog not registered.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.wishtech.com/download.htm

Go to the bottom of that page, there's links to 3 different versions of the drivers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: