ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Adding a keycard to multi...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00zero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Adding a keycard to multi... Reply with quote Back to top

how would i go about adding a keycard to the Facility multi-level? possibly inside a wooden crate, but just laying on the ground is fine for testing.

i tried replacing a door object with a key, but none of the objects available in multi have the same number of data bits, so it doesn't fit right and it crashes every time i enter the room it's in.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could convert an ammo box, and then fill in the rest of the lines with 3 of the 16 objects (that didn't do anything), since the yare sized 0x10.

00zero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that should work...

i was confused because i lumped the keycard and the rename objects together as one and thought the keycard took up 0xAC when it only takes 0x84.

next question: what info do i have to set, and what gets loaded automatically as the level loads?

if i use 6 codes for the keycard, e.g.
801F0A7F 0004
801F0A81 00F8
811F0A82 XXXX (preset)
811F0A86 4000
811F0AFC 0000
801F0AFE XXXX (key code)
(and then also set up the next 3 '16' objects), will that be enough to get it into the level?

edit: these codes don't exactly work as is. 811F0A86 as 4000 for example, sets the keycard as 'attached to guard', which since there are no guards, doesn't work and there is no keycard... will post correct codes when i finish, although a little tweeking will get it to work.

Last edited by 00zero on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As long as you replace an ammo box (size 0xB4) it should.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Help File wrote:

Keys are acceptable in multiplayer. The catch though is that they do not respawn and are not usually dropped from the player upon their death. This severely limits their use in-play.

00zero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there has to be a way... think man, think!

Luther
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be pretty cool, though, to have it to where players can drop them; but they can't respawn. You know, like the GG when you're playing The Man With the Golden Gun. Think of it like this, have a level with four keys, each of them spawn close to the player's spawn points. The keys work to open four peripheral rooms. In one room, the strongest weapon and two ammo boxes. In the second, the second strongest weapon and four ammo boxes. in the third room, the second weakest weapon, two ammo boxes and a half-armour. In the last room, the weakest weapon, two ammo boxes, and a regular armour. I don't think it'd ever work, but it'd be really cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: