ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Cuba
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, but why is it loading stage ID 22? that's Facility. it loads it in this code: 8002A8F7 0022. did bmw use bg and clipping mods? i know that there's more to this code then just a scale mod. can you please explain what lines of code in bmw's code do which things?

Last edited by 00Dark on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure, you'll need to wait for him to respond how it works.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yikes, I can see where my codes are complicated if you don't know what I was doing. It even took me some time to figure out what I did. I had to think back to when I actually did this, and I think I figured it out.

Normally what you would do (for a multiplayer level) is just force load whatever stage you want (in this case Cuba) and then tell it to load an already existing setup file (usually Stack). However, Cuba is a unique exception to being able to use this method. The problem with loading Cuba directly and then pointing cuba to another setup file is that associated with Cuba's specific stage ID (30, I think) is both a camera fade-in and high-res mode.

To get around the specific problems associated with Cuba, I simply loaded another stage which didn't have those problems and then pointed that stage to all the appropriate files (setup, background, and clipping). Here is what I did:

Force load facility
Force facility to load Stack's setup file
Force faciltiy to load Cuba's BG file
Force facility to load Cuba's Clipping file

Now a specific breakdown of the codes as best I can figure out:

This is just the standard "enable all players" code (so that 2, 3, or 4 players can play)
81063BF0 8009
81063BF2 E360
D102B522 0002
81063BF2 3860
D102B522 0003
81063BF2 0DE0
D102B522 0004
81063BF0 8008

Skip intro screen:
8102A932 0000

Force Facility to Load
8002A8F7 0022

Force Facility to load Stack's MP setup file
8103756E 59D0

Force Facility to load Cuba's background file
810445E0 8005
810445E2 8BB0

Force Facility to load Cuba's clipping file
810445E4 8005
810445E6 8BC4

Change coords for respawn point #1
811D4C98 466D
811D4CA0 C635
811D4CC0 801C
811D4CC2 3ECC

Change coords for respawn point #2
811D4CC4 4654
811D4CCC C637
811D4CEC 801C
811D4CEE 2D4C

Set respawn points 3, 4, and 5 (stack has 5 of them) all to preset #00 (the first preset above which I modified the coords for)
811D82A2 0000
811D82AE 0000
811D82BA 0000

This terminates the objects list (because the stack's setup file has panes of glass which won't load to their default coordinates)
811D5D88 0000
811D5D8A 0030

This is the only line of code left, it must be the scale (level size) modifier
810445E8 3D60

I hope all that makes sense.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the thing that stumps me is that this code SHOULD LOAD CUBA IN MULTIPLAYER: 8002A8F7 0036. the base code 8002A8F7 is what i use for other solo multiplayer levels loaded up in multiplayer, so why the hell would it refuse to load Cuba? i mean c'mon. it's the exact same thing. i wonder if there's more code required to load up the level?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I covered that in my explanation.

Each level has a stage ID. Cuba's stage ID is 36. (I said 30, I should have said 36).

Stage ID 36 has special attributes associated with it. I don't think anybody has actually tracked down where these are assigned, but fact is that Cuba is unique in 2 ways:

Cuba loads in high-resolution mode.
Cuba waits for a fade-in action block.

It is because Cuba waits for a fade-in action block that it starts out black.

Again, I don't know how else I can put this - Cuba is the lone oddball and is the only level which is unique in this respect.

The way to cheat and get around this is to simply load another Stage ID (It is specifically Cuba's stage ID of 36 that has these things associated with it) and then point that stage to the proper clipping, background, and setup data.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've tracked down at least the assembly code that tests if levelID == 0x36. But not specifically how that special stuff works.

The reason he switched away from stage ID 36, is because if you use 36, it's in hi-res mode, and probably that won't even work multi (though I do remember PAL emptiers could actually load with this stage ID). The fading's not an issue, would fix in multi too, it's the hi-res thing.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well if that's the case then howcome it will load in the solo menu? i used that code to load stage ID 36 and it successfully forced a solo load. if it only loads in the solo menu then how am i supposed to make it a multiplayer setup? i remember a long time ago, when i first got interested in gameshark codes, i played the cradle and statue in multi. however these must have been older versions of those codes because they were loaded in the solo menu. i entered them manually into my gameshark and selected statue from the solo menu. it started up a 2-player multi game. does this mean it is possible to have multi matches from the solo menu? would these levels correspond with the multiplayer menu to customize the multi match setup? it seems to me like the only way to load Cuba perfectly is in the solo menu. and i'm not using a different stage ID and bg file. i'm actually loading Cuba.

so all i want to know is if it would be possible to make a solo loaded multi level of Cuba that would correspond with the multi menu to customize the multi match. would it be possible to link back to the multiplayer menu with gameshark codes?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can use BMW's codes. Just replace the Stack's setup file with one from Cuba. In editor, you should load Cuba, then save the setup to the mpstacksetup and it should be fine.

In solo, you can just use 8002A8F7 0036 because Hi-res mode is compatible.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i told you like a billion times that it does not load perfectly in multiplayer. i did what you just now said and i still got the same crap. it loaded but both players spawned out in blackness and i had to actually walk into the level background. it does not do that on a solo load when i convert UsetuplenZ and use that one line code. when it load's in solo, it's actually perfect. the sky is the same color as in the visual editor, and i actually spawn in the arena for a change.

so what are our options? can we either fix the multiplayer thing, or can we somehow start a splitscreen multiplayer match in a level that's loaded in the solo menu? solo loaded levels only allow one player, which poses a problem. however, would it be possible to get around this issue by forcing it to load the stage in multiplayer mode with two players and a splitscreen?

Last edited by 00Dark on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, the issue of spawning outside of the arena is probably because I had tinkered with the stage's scale value after grabbing coordinates (hence my old coordinates were no longer valid). You'll just have to regrab coordinates and adjust the GS codes accordingly.

But going back to the main problem that prevented me from ever creating a MP map out of Cuba - a "ghosting" problem with the characters. When loaded in MP, the players look like ghosts to each other. This is something that me, subdrag, and wreck looked at a while back and were unable to figure out specifically what was causing the problem, let alone how to fix it (its most likely some type of problem associated with the room models). So even if you manage to successfully get the stage to load in MP mode, this will still ultimately be your problem.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:

In solo, you can just use 8002A8F7 0036 because Hi-res mode is compatible.

If I recall, hi-res mode cause a considerable slowdown in framerates. And suprisingly, Cuba, even when scaled to its original size and loaded in low-res mode, had barely acceptable framerate levels (at least for MP).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know from DirectX that weird things can happen if you draw things in the wrong order. It's probably something similar.

If you're spawning outside the level, you need to adjust to BMW's scale and then make a new setup, overwriting stack.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most of this has already been covered, but I'll explain a few things in point form...

1: Stage ID 36 has a Hi-Res configurement, which doesn't work in multi.
2: Cuba begins in blackness, and requires an Action Block to fade-in.
3: Mission menu loads UsetupZ files, while Multi loads Ump_setupZ.
4: The old multi stages (Statue & Cradle) had Force Multi codes included.

Basically, you need to change the Stage ID for the Cuba level. When you swap it with Facility, you not only fix the Hi-Res problem, but you also increase the memory allocated for different aspects of the map.

Either way, Cuba has given us nothing but grief. Between the three of us, we couldn't get it to play properly in a multiplayer setting. There may be an issue with the background itself, which causes an overlap of characters and textures. I don't know how to remedy this personally, but there should be a way.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wait can you give me codes to force a multiplayer load??? that way this would be really easy to make. all i would have to do edit UsetuplenZ, tell it to load stage ID 36, and load the multiplayer level in the solo menu!! that would really give me a break from all this hassel.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you use a code to force load multiplayer, it reads for a Ump_setupZ that matches the stages internal name. Such as Cradle: UsetupcradZ & Ump_setupcradZ. It doesn't just load the regular file, but chooses the proper mp setup. You'd still need to have a multi partner in order for that to work. What I'd suggest, though it would require some extra manual labour, is to change the internal name of a multiplayer setup. Archives is the largest, if you feel like you need a lot of room. Otherwise, the Stack would probably offer plenty and not effect any level of great importance. It'd be as simple as renaming Ump_setupashZ as Ump_setuplenZ, then overwriting the Stack's multiplayer setup with your new one. You'd also need to switch stage ID's between them, so that it doesn't use Hi-Res mode and die off during the load. I'd probably have to look this over, to make sure it's all hunky-dory. Still, the map is going to have very annoying image overlapping issues, which will make the map nearly unplayable. We could just avoid all of this trouble by focusing on something else.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: