ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Cuba
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wait, would it be possible to successfully load stage ID 36 in multiplayer by using a gs code that will force a high resolution multiplayer load??? if it's possible to force all these different types of stage loads (such as multi load in the solo menu) then would this idea work???

Last edited by 00Dark on Wed May 02, 2007 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It isn't anything inside of the UsetuplenZ setup file. We've already gone over it and there's nothing that triggers either the hi-resolution or image overlapping issues. It's something else, which SubDrag has spent a bit of time checking out. I've never gotten into ASM, so I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm guessing that the image overlap is caused by the background file itself, though I can't be certain without actually looking into it. This is why we had decided to move onto other projects and leave this one be. If you're really deadset on making a jungle themed map, why not select a portion of the Jungle and use different pieces of plantlife to block off the rest of the stage?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, now i'm starting to think that Cuba just wasn't meant to be a multiplayer map. i'm just going to try a solo multiplayer load. just give me a code to force load multiplayer and a code to switch the MPArchives and Cuba stage ID's like you said. i'll see how it turns out.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, it still isn't going to work. That ghosting effect, the image overlap, isn't going to go away that easily. Even if you force load multiplayer through the mission menu, it's going to read for a Ump_setupZ file. There's something much deeper causing these problems. All I can suggest is that you pick an area in Jungle and try to make it as much like the Cuba map as possible. It'll even give you more room to play with. Besides, atleast that won't give us any further issues.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'd be satisfied if you'd just please give me the gameshark codes. that way i can make a successfully loaded Cuba multiplayer setup, save it, then i can put it on the backburner while we figure out how to solve the ghosting and overlapping issues. the ghosting and overlap issues are probably going to be extremely tough to solve if they're as deep as you say, but atleast i'll already have my setup made exactly the way i want it as soon as we solve those two problems.

you can call me picky or obsessed or whatever, but i've come all this way and i JUST WANT TO ATLEAST SEE THE LEVEL BE LOADED. all this hassel is driving me crazy, but i guarantee this will be a fun multi map if we can get it to work perfectly. it WILL PAY OFF eventually.

so can you just please give me the gs codes i asked for???

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand, you have it loaded, you just start in blackness using BMW's code? If you want to modify it to use other setups, you can just use the main table and use different digits (table is in KCG's wiki)

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

um, can you give me a link to that SubDrag? i cannot find it on wikipedia.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://wiki.dotshell.net/index.php?title=Switching_Map_Resources

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It'd be as simple as renaming Ump_setupashZ as Ump_setuplenZ, then overwriting the Stack's multiplayer setup with your new one. You'd also need to switch stage ID's between them, so that it doesn't use Hi-Res mode and die off during the load.

ok, i'm not saying that that table wasn't helpful. i just want to try this method, only i will rename Ump_setuparchZ to Ump_setuplenZ and overwrite it with my new setup instead of using stack. all i need is codes force a multi load in solo and to swap the stage ID's so it doesn't use hi res mode and refuse to load the level like you said. i'm just curious and i would greatly appreciate if you could just please post the codes for me.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't rename, that's more trouble than it's worth, and you'd prob need to rename both to the other. You want to swap the values, like 5960 = cuba, or I forget, they're around there.

I still don't understand what you mean by post codes. BMW has posted codes to load it in multi and they do work. I am very confused.

It doesn't matter the filename as long as its the one references, just simply overwrite the ump_stack file with your current cuba setup. And use BMW's code. And make sure you realize he has a diff scale.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just give me about an hour and I should have something for you to use, save this frustration.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do you think you could try to fix the high res problem associated with Cuba? what i mean is like make it so Cuba does not have to use high res. if you could just do that then i could successfully force load stage ID 36 in the multiplayer menu. if Cuba had it's high res dependancy somehow disabled then i could load it just like all my other multiplayer level's. all i would have to do is force load stage ID 36 and and swap Cuba's setup file with the multiplayer achives setup file.
in other words i would only have to use these gameshark codes to play my multiplayer level:

Code:
810375BE 58C4
8002A8F7 0036

everything would be ok if you could just make it so Cuba does not have to load in high res.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's what I've done. I have taken the UsetuplenZ setup file for Cuba, removed all of the mission oriented data, added three extra respawn points, and made it replace the Archives MP setup. It's up to you how it'll be organized, so this is just a canvas for you to work off of.

This cancels out the Archives multiplayer, and also kills Library's MP ability.
It's late and I just wanted to get this done.
We can fix it later.

Setup File...
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/Ump_setuplenZ.bin

Codes...
8002A8F7 0030 (Force Load Stage ID 30)
810375A6 5A30 (Change Stage ID 30's setup to Len)
810375BE 59E8 (Change Stage ID 36's setup to Ame)
8004472F 0036 (Change Library ID to 36)
800447BF 0030 (Change Cuba ID to 30)
8004EBC1 0030 (Change Stage ID 36's music to ID 30)
8005B1B1 006C
8105B1B2 656E
8105B1B4 5A00 (Rename Ump_setuparchZ to len)

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is this a solo load or a multi load? i tried loading it in multi and it failed. the reason is probably because even though you put Cuba on a different stage ID it still recognized it and didn't load because it couldn't use hi res. it falied to load in solo too. it's supposed to force load the level, but when i selected a random level from the solo menu it started up the music for the Dam and didn't even load. Dam's music just started up and that was it.

if it's still not going to load Cuba even when it's on another stage ID then our only option is to somehow force Cuba to not use hi res so it can just work in multiplayer for a change. i really hate this. Shocked

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The stage will load in both mission and multi modes, but is likely going to crash when the dialogue boxes attempt to display at the top of the screen as Bond and Natalya are about the speak. Make sure that you're using all of those codes, and are replacing the Ump_setuparchZ file when converting your ROM. It does work, believe me. I just checked it out again with a fresh ROM. Turn off all other codes before testing, as that may be what's messing it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: