ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Cuba
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jac6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't you use no cimena scenes and then another code that I forget what its called Razz

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Emptier only works on PAL for Cuba (and not well here, screens keep alternating due to hi-res), if that's what you're thinking about.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

ok, after all this, all i really want to know is if i can disable hi res in stage ID 36 using gameshark codes. if i could just do that, then all i would need to do is use the the hi res disabler code plus force load Cuba and make Cuba use Ump_setuparch as a setup file. in other words i would only need to use these gameshark codes:

Code:
810375BE 58C4
8002A8F7 0036

plus some sort of hi res disabler to get Cuba to load. then we could fix the ghosting and overlap problems later.

i would think there would be a code to disable hi resolution, because there are gameshark codes to disable alot of things in GoldenEye. you would just need to hack this code. however if hi resolution can't be disabled that easily, then i will just have to try one of the methods that you guys proposed.

I don't understand why you need it to be stage ID 36. You're modifying it to another setup file, so what's the difference?

Anyways, I found a spot where in assembly (or at one point I did) checks the value against 0x36, but that TLB'ed address would move around so no simple gameshark code is possible. However, could possibly do it in ROM to disable, not sure the consequences, I prob should've tried it at one point. For curiositiest sake I might do it, but it doesn't matter.

ALSO, the ghosting has nothing to do with hi-res...The ghosting occurs in normal-res, because if you use a diff stage ID it is in lo res. In hi-res multi, the screen alternatively flickers in PAL using emptier. Don't believe anyone's ever done it NTSC.

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:
I covered that in my explanation.

Each level has a stage ID. Cuba's stage ID is 36. (I said 30, I should have said 36).

Stage ID 36 has special attributes associated with it. I don't think anybody has actually tracked down where these are assigned, but fact is that Cuba is unique in 2 ways:

Cuba loads in high-resolution mode.
Cuba waits for a fade-in action block.

It is because Cuba waits for a fade-in action block that it starts out black.

Again, I don't know how else I can put this - Cuba is the lone oddball and is the only level which is unique in this respect.

The way to cheat and get around this is to simply load another Stage ID (It is specifically Cuba's stage ID of 36 that has these things associated with it) and then point that stage to the proper clipping, background, and setup data.

Cuba loads in high-resolution mode.

is it possible to force Cuba to load in low resolution mode using gameshark codes? maybe that's our solution! if we can successfully force load stage ID 36 in multiplayer by loading it in low res mode then the only two problems that will stand in our way is the ghosting and overlap issues!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you swap IDs, Cuba does not load in hi-res mode. There's no way it does.

Cuba doesn't display properly in hi-res first-person solo either. If you go into solo with Natalya and everything, she will be displayed closer than she should be and it's the same mistake. I think that's why you had wanted to use stage ID 36, right?

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey SubDrag, can you please try the following:

disable hi res in the ROM like you said,
edit UsetuplenZ and save it as Ump_setuparchZ,
quick convert Ump_setuparchZ,
use these 2 gs codes to load the level in the edited ROM,
Code:
810375BE 58C4
8002A8F7 0036

and let me know how it goes.

if we can simply disable high res in the ROM so we don't have to swap stage ID's or change level backgrounds and clipping to Cuba's, then not only will that fix the ghosting issue, but we can also finally load the level just by using the above gameshark codes! if you can just do this then the hassel will be over!

well except for the overlap issue...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to put this as simply as possible...

By changing the Stage ID for Cuba from 36 to anything else, it doesn't load in Hi-Res mode. What we've done is just that. By changing the ID to that of another level, we make Cuba load as regular resolution. That allows it to be played in multiplayer mode. Mission accomplished. The problem is with the image overlap, which isn't associated with Hi-Res mode or Stage ID 36. It is most likely something within the Background file itself. The only way to fix it, would be to determine what causes this to happen and modify it. I can't see it being anything to do with Stage ID 36 or Hi-Res, because Cuba loaded into multi uses neither of the two.

There's nothing more to say, as you're only confusing everyone at this point.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i got it to work with your codes and setup file, but Cuba's walls were invisible. only the floor of the level showed. also, beyond the level was pure blackness. if i'm really actually loading Cuba, then shouldn't the color of the empty void beyond the level be green just like Cuba? now that we finally know how to load the damn level successfully multiplayer we just have to perfect it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sky is the level ID. You'd have to swap that one too, but usually people are lazy, plus don't think it even works in emu.

Seriously, just use Jungle, Cuba will have the weird drawing glitch, If you want, you can even make a bg file and clipping that is one room from Jungle and it will therefore be quite similar to Cuba.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We've been able to play it in multiplayer since early February. It's the overlap that caused us to abandon the project and move onto other things. Your plugin may also be making the map seem worse than it really is. Jabo's has the invisible wall thing for me, where as Rice's is a lot better.

There are two reasons as to why the sky isn't green. The first being that we changed Stage ID's. Each weather block is assigned to a map by the ID it uses. So, the 36 weather block would need to be changed into 30. However, multiplayer doesn't use the regular value. It actually uses a different one for each of the three player amounts. Currently, it is using the default multiplayer weather block. Using GameShark codes, this can be remedied. But as Sub mentioned, emu's aren't too friendly in that area.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have the list of codes to swap the skies around? I'd like to give my Silo mission a different sky.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The editor should be able to do it. If you've got a newer version it's in the 21990 mods. If not, you can use the fog color mods gs codes:
http://kcghost.googlepages.com/GSCentralv2.zip

Open up in forum archives/index.htm, open up post called GE Sky Presets

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, cool, I installed the newest version but didn't look in that section.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Use this ips patch. 8002A8F7 to load cuba. It will now load in lo-res. It's definitely better Rare did it in higher res...looks WAY better.

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/test/goldeneyecubalores.ips

ROM 4F9E8 24010036 // check if ID matches, if so when quit go to credits
ROM AF7C0 24010036 // check if ID matches, if so doesn't fade in?

ROM 3A384 24010036 // Check if ID matches, if so hi-res it / 7F005854
ROM 3A3B4 AE4C0000 // Store 1 to 80036430, stops from black screen / 7F005884

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you convert that IPS patch into GameShark codes for me please? I'm going to make a setup file version for the emulator and a GameShark codes version for console.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: