ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A few words for this community...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(Skorpion)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: A few words for this community... Reply with quote Back to top

Addressing members of the board with his feelings.

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Way to go Skorps Very Happy
its all true Crying or Very sad
i have been disrespected time and time again something needs to change here this is not a friendly enviroment Sad

"For over 30 Years the IRA showed that the British Government could not rule Ireland on its on terms. You asserted the right of the people of this island to freedom and independance, many of your comrades have paid the ultimate sacrafice in order to bring the freedom struggle forward towards its obtainment."
Gerry Adams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3AEgStKvE

Last edited by TAKA Michinoku9.1 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total

(Skorpion)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Skorpion wrote:
Wreck: Did you insert your foot into your mouth yet? About that thread?

"I wont unsticky that thread because its not yours"

That's an inaccurate quote. In fact, if you look back at my most recent e-mail, you'll find that I never once said that it was his thread. I didn't even make note of the thread creator to begin with. Even though you may have started the thread, it was Flopperr's project. It was his custom map that I was concerned about, nothing else. Perhaps you should look at where your foot is before saying anything.

TAKA Michinoku9.1 wrote:
i have been disrespected time and time again something needs to change here this is not a friendly enviroment Sad

I'd like to know who has been disrespecting you. All I've seen are people trying to offer their assistance to you whenever you ask for it. How many action block problems have been solved by members of our staff?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that is actually an example right there of what i mean about being disrespected i get completely ignored Sad
something needs to change Sad
Edit: How many problems have been fixed by members of staff so far one actually spelt out and fixed that was SubDrag the only person who helped me from the beginning but the rest of you talk about me behind my back and it is all disrespectful and untruthful

"For over 30 Years the IRA showed that the British Government could not rule Ireland on its on terms. You asserted the right of the people of this island to freedom and independance, many of your comrades have paid the ultimate sacrafice in order to bring the freedom struggle forward towards its obtainment."
Gerry Adams

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the rest of the action blocks i had to figure out myself and they were small mistakes i got my kaientai archives fixed without help nitro surface i just looked at rares like i was told kaientai frigate the problem was the objective bits with two quotes from SubDrag that became clear japanese facility again subdrag and GErage but that does not dismiss the fact that anyone who has shown me respect excluding SubDrag is not here anymore Sad

Gerry Adams

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i apologize for what i said you guys have been helpful i just am feeling an undercurrent of hatred directed at me i know someone is disrespecting me i just dont know who Crying or Very sad

Gerry Adams

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Taka, I haven't heard anything negative about you from anyone here. We're all impressed at how hard you've been working at putting out custom missions. Even when we haven't been able to solve your action block problems, you find a way to. I don't recall a single bad thing said about you on the boards, in a PM, in an e-mail, or on the chat by any of our staff members. You've definitely proven yourself to all of us here. You should lay your fears to rest.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i am confused i was totally certain that everyone here hated me Crying or Very sad
i have been disrespected very badly in the past on youtube by a user here and that stuck with me as well as a pm i got during the creation of the nitro surface made me think you all hated me.
after hearing you say that i feel a little better but am still unsure who i should trust Sad

Gerry Adams

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TAKA Michinoku9.1 wrote:
the rest of the action blocks i had to figure out myself and they were small mistakes i got my kaientai archives fixed without help nitro surface i just looked at rares like i was told kaientai frigate the problem was the objective bits with two quotes from SubDrag that became clear japanese facility again subdrag and GErage but that does not dismiss the fact that anyone who has shown me respect excluding SubDrag is not here anymore Sad

Hey there, I'm very respectful, I'm not just very vocal about it! Just kidding...

I think you're a valuable member to this community, and you're certainly the most active mission creator. The reason that you're not getting as much help as you may need, and this is me thinking again, is because it's damn hard. If they could've sat down at your computer and worked their magic, I doubt it'd take more time than 30 minutes. But since both you and them are restricted to written text, it's not an easy task pin-pointing the exact problem, and it's even hair pullingly frustrating at times. It drains all your happy thoughts not being able to fix the (seemingly) tiniest of errors.

About the unfriendly atmosphere, well... I mostly check out the informative threads created by Wreck, Subdrag, Zoinkity, Kode-Z, Dragonsbrethren, Skorpion and flopperr999. Those threads are rather friendly! As long as you respect the opinions and thoughts of oldbies and newcomers alike, no matter how dull and stupid you may think they are, it should be all good. Aretha Franklin wrote a song about that..

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, everyone, please settle down. There is no one on this forum who has intentionally disrespected anyone. I won't hear arguments to the contrary.

Everyone has been very busy working on their own projects, and we don't always have time to help others or do clipping or examine action blocks. We try to help and steer you on the path, but everyone is extremely busy, most of all myself, who hasn't even had time to edit the editor or take a weekend off from work.

I know there has been some controversy with Skorpion and Flopper, but look, no one has done anything intentionally to disrespect either of you. In fact, privately, we've all talked about how great your new levels are and how fantastic a job you've done.

The real issue is there can't be any drama on this forums. None of this he said, she said. We are ALL in this together. We are a community of about 7, and we can't afford one ounce of drama, or we will fall apart.

There have been a lot of negative posts, which has no place here. I am willing to overlook any negative posts and not hold it against ANYONE, as long as I am promised it will not continue, and we will be drama free. I don't want to see any negative posts. Moderators have the right to edit negative posts in any fashion, or posts that have no place, and you SHOULD NOT TAKE OFFENSE. If your post is edited, you should instead think about why it was edited, and realize it's your own fault for posting something wrong. I think Wreck and BMW and DB would feel the same way. Save the drama for your mama, and get back to GE. Nothing will be held against anyone.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, this is only the second time I've ever edited your posts (not including thread moving or thread consolidation). The first time I did so upon your request - specifically, I initially commented publicly in a thread about your behavior, you specifically requested that next time I simply edit the thread and notify you via PM. So I granted your wish (and by the end of that incident, you said that you understood where I was coming from and APPEARED to be on good terms with me).

This time, that is exactly what I did. And now you go and PUBLICLY post a screenshot of a PM after I have very, very specifically requested that contents of a Personal Message be kept just that - personal. And you further do it in a separate thread after you've been warned on multiple occasions by multiple moderators that drama is not acceptable on these boards. Not only does this particular thread constitute flaming to the highest degree, it is highly disrespectful to me as a moderator. If you have a problem with specific moderating that is done, then take it up with the moderator personally (and privately), and if that gets you nowhere, take it up with an admin. Instead, you chose to do this. This is the last warning you will get from me. I'm still willing to give you one last chance in this community, but you're on VERY thin ice. Its ice so thin that you risk account deletion and an IP ban if such behavior continues just one more time (granted, I don't have that kind of power around here, but it is certainly a recommendation I would make to those who do).

Now with regards to the specific edit in question, I wish I had a screenshot of the original post and the edited post (which you have since further edited yourself down to practically nothing). The edits made to that post were perfectly within my discretion as a moderator. While I can't recall word-for-word what was edited, an accurate paraphrase of the edited phrases would be as follows:

--------------------
-While wreck has invited flopper to stay and post in these forums, he's free to post in here all he wants, but I wish to not be around flopper.

-This is my last time posting.

-You want these maps? Just take 'em, I don't want them on my computer anymore, they're taking up space which I need for other things. Take 'em.

-If you release any finished maps, credit me if you want, I really don't care.

-Please don't contact me, I wish not be contacted regarding these maps.*
--------------------

If you want to dispute the accuracy of what I am claiming I edited (or anything I missed here), then be my guest. As to everybody else, you be the judge.

*This particular edit would not have been edited in the absence of the other comments and general tone of the post. But in the context of everything else that was in the thread, I felt it contributed to the drama.

EDIT - I want to add this as well - to skorpion - I honestly don't know why you have called me out and taken such offense to the moderation which I have done. You and I have both been on this site for about 2 years now, and no controversy has arisen between us until VERY recently. If you have problems with other members of this community, fine, take it up with them. But don't drag me into this and make me look like the bad guy, I've been nothing but helpful and friendly to you in the past and have done nothing more than do my job as a moderator. I've given you your own personal webspace for uploading files to my website (free of charge, I might add), I've come to the chatroom to give you and others assistance on a moment's notice, I've played online games of goldeneye too. I could go on and on. And I can assure you that we moderators don't talk behind your back like you think we do. Or at least not that I'm aware of.

Last edited by bmw on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:24 am; edited 3 times in total

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Guys, everyone, please settle down. There is no one on this forum who has intentionally disrespected anyone. I won't hear arguments to the contrary.

I disagree insofar as a screenshot of a PM was posted after a specific request was made by me personally, directly to skorpion, just recently, for PM's to be kept private. That is intentional disrespect, period. I don't take offense to it, nor does it bother me personally in any way, but it is, by definition, disrespect.

But I agree with the remainder of your post. I don't like responding to this stuff any more than you do, but in this particular instance I believe my response was appropriate (and called for).

(Skorpion)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i agree with SubDrag and monkeyface and am no longer confused finally after a callous week of not being able to properly concentrate because of that PMs haunting nature i can finally put it behind me thank you monkeyface and SubDrag for snapping me out of that funk and reviving my creative spirits Very Happy

Gerry Adams

Last edited by TAKA Michinoku9.1 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: