ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

tile and preset coordinate maps for multiple levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00zero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: tile and preset coordinate maps for multiple levels Reply with quote Back to top

first, i need to give credit where credit is due...

thanks Zoinkity for needing to document your work online so as not to lose it. the info you provided made it possible for me to find and interpret the plink data. i speak of your topic "object type data" in particular (http://shootersforever.battlefieldforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=176)

thanks Wreck for your awesome tutorials on coordinate data and scaling levels and presets.

thanks SubDrag and Wreck for coaching me along.

------------------------

and here's the goods... hopefully you'll be able to download these files from this share server.
Solo-Missions: http://www.box.net/public/x9uik41pp3#main
Multi-Player: http://www.box.net/public/x4jkb4qk3u#main

here's how to use them:
- they are in excel format. you may need excel 2003.
- each red line is a grid line. +X is to the right, +Z is down, 0° rotation is down.
- each tile is it's own object. select a tile and the plink number should show as the object name (upper left below the "save" icon). disregard the number after the dash.
- you should definitely zoom in for finer detail.
- tiles at higher levels will be more transparent, allowing you to see though the floor of the upper levels.
- move tiles around to get underneath them.
- 000 presets are green and 2710 presets are blue. the lighter the color, the greater the elevation of the preset.
- arrows on the preset tell the X-Z rotation. if there is no arrow, or if the back end of an arrowhead is sticking out of the dot, the Y rotation is probably 90° or close to it.
- select a preset and it's preset number will show up as the object name.
- the preset offsets are accounted for in the placement.

that's all i have for now. not all the levels are there, but i will be adding to them little-by-little.
[edit] all the levels are there now [edit]

interesting fact: check out the two far, outside stalls in the facility bathroom. they are not tiled for the entire stall, and if you go into them, you will notice that the clipping is quite restrictive.

Last edited by 00zero on Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is very impressive stuff. I don't know how you managed to make Excel do those sort of things, but very cool work. I'm enjoying the gridding as well. Are you reading data from setup files or in-game? My guess is in-game because the presets are expanded.

DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

00zero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's a mixture of both... i think...

what i did was, using the GS, loaded a level and RAM dumped 8006 0000 through 8008 0000, and then 801A 0000 through 8020 0000. for most levels, that contains the plink and preset (as well as object & a lot of other) data.
imported/converted the ascii files to excel so it looks just like the memory editor. that way i can actually find stuff.
then convert all the hex stuff to floats... but then, i have to do the expansion on the presets before i plot them out.

so short answer long, i use a RAM dump and expand the presets.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats really cool and impressive, very nice work. Its funny looking at the Dam Island presets from Excel, I nearly had them all memorized looking into them awhile back.

00zero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

geez, i guess i should have just waited for v2.0 of the setup editor to come out... wow, what a tool!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: