ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Easy, Medium or Difficult for you?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Easy, Medium or Difficult for you? Reply with quote Back to top

I always go for medium honestly when choosing in game difficulty settings. I can't really think of any game ever that I chose Easy for. I have no time to replay games on different difficulties, so I figure medium let's me see the best of what the game has to offer. GE and PD made me play all difficulties, but hell they were worth playing that much!

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

medium for sure. but if I like a game a lot to the point where I want to play it again, I'll do hard.

HexenGE
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I alawys beat games on their hardest. I beat (the meat)...LOL..I beat Gears Of War on Insane. I also beat Lost Planet: Space Station(PC) on EXPERT.

Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If its an RPG i start on hard and just try to get through the game and then go to easy to see how godlike I can make my character. If its a shooter then I work my way up from the bottom, easy to hard. And if I dont like the game, then I don't play it. And I try to make it a habbit not to use cheats untill I've beaten the game twice.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On pretty much any game, I start out on the lowest difficulty setting possible. It may make the experience a little easier, but you can really appreciate the step-up that each of the other difficulties has to offer later on. Be it more enemies, enemies with better accuracy, enemies with more health, or less items along the way. I hate getting stuck on a certain part for a long time, so figuring it out on Easy is the best way to go. It could be either a puzzle, or a group of menacing baddies blocking your path. Once you know what you're supposed to do, you atleast have the upper hand the next round through on a higher setting. That doesn't mean that you won't have your work cut out for you. Besides, you start out on a tricycle, move up to training wheels on a bicycle, graduate to a real two-wheeler, than hop on a motorcycle. It's called evolution. You have to learn to crawl before you can begin to fly.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always start out on Normal or Medium. It lets you play the game the way it was meant to be played, the first time. I do this for one major reason, if I beat the game on medium, Im likely never going to beat the game on Hard. Nor Easy. I usually do not re-beat games on any difficulty, its too repetitiive for me (exept in cases like Goldeneye or other objective based games, where the map experience actually changes). Re-beating a game just for harder enemies doesn't seem worth it to me, so I always start at something I can beat (unlike Hard) yet still challenging (Unlike Easy).

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on the game, for most of the games I would start on the lowest then work my way up. I can't remember what I said about how long it took me to beat Goldeneye the first time. I did it pretty quickly once I owned the game, but I was patient in the harder levels.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:
It depends on the game, for most of the games I would start on the lowest then work my way up. I can't remember what I said about how long it took me to beat Goldeneye the first time. I did it pretty quickly once I owned the game, but I was patient in the harder levels.

yeah, about 90% of the games I've beaten I've done it in one to two sittings because its always someone else's game. Laughing

Saberier
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For me, I would usually pick the hardest difficulty available. You get to learn much faster from my opinion and you usually unlock rewards(However, I do get disappointed when it's just artwork or pictures).

GE/PD rules!!!

Galbadia Hotel for all your video game music needs: http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=16600

|||2FAST|||
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For me its got to be on the hardest if it allows you to play on the hardest :cough:GOW:cough: I don't like it when they make you unlock the harder levels like you earned something. I pay 59.99 for a game i wanna get my money's worth. It makes the games last longer i think if you play them on the hardest from the get go because you don't just walk thru the game beat it then trade it in at your local EB Games. Like RB6:V it lets me play on realistic from the start and its fun. Games are no fun if there is no challenge. Think about your most memorable moments in gaming it wasn't beating some easy level where you are God among men. It was beating GE every level on 007 and beating them the fastest you could beat them. Member Aztec and Egypt those were the days of golden gaming. Now we have games that lower the difficulty for you if you aren't getting past a certain part. But to each's own right? I'm not in any way knocking people who play on lower difficulties, just saying for me a lifetime gamer, that if you play on hard not only will you get better faster you'll have more fun.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That reminds me.

Is 100,000 dollars the most amount someone wins when they play in Halo tourneys? Although I felt very little difference in both games, it must have taken many all nighters to get that good.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hum, it varies the game you play. Normally, I begin in easy, them normal, and then hard. However when I play in hard, I rush and it's stressful sometime.

I am accustomed to playing with cheats but I recognize it is not helpful for my progress.

Wreck wrote:
Besides, you start out on a tricycle, move up to training wheels on a bicycle, graduate to a real two-wheeler, than hop on a motorcycle. It's called evolution. You have to learn to crawl before you can begin to fly.

This is the smartest quote I read Wreck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: